Isometheptene Mucate

Both my partner and myself suffer from severe migraines (to the point of contemplating the botox/surgery route).  Right now the only medicine I get for them is sumartriptan 100mg (I used to also be prescribed fioricet and lortab back in the good days, but now we live in the 'sucks to be you' era of pain management).  Usually a bad migraine means a trip to urgent care, a lot of shots in the ass of meds that barely help, etc etc).

ANYWAY, I ordered a medication called Midrid online recently (mostly so I wouldn't just be ordering c0deine from the shop).  This shit is BANANAS.  It is more effective for migraines than any medication I have ever tried for migraines.  The primary med in it is isometheptene mucate, which I can't seem to find find in any other preparation.  

So 1. I wanted to let others know about this, and 2. wanted to know if anyone had a consistent online pharmacy that will ship it to the US?  I keep getting blocked at check-out by the IOPs I find it at, saying they won't ship to the states :/

I thought it was taken off the market by the FDA. Here it is called Midrin. I heard you could still have a pharmacy that mixes medications  compound it for you if your doctor will write it for you. It has something to do with when it was first approved many years ago, it went through a different process than now.  Midrin had Acetaminophen,      Isometheptene (vasodilator) and Dichloralphenazone (sedative). They DO have Prodrin, which is the Acetamin, Isomet, and instead of the sedative it has caffeine. So may help, may not work as good. If you are seeing it in other countries they may still make the original Midrin but might have trouble sending it because of the FDA ban.  Just thought I'd put this down in case you weren't aware. I used to use Midrin years ago and helped so good, but it stopped working after a while. Good Luck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is any good. It's Canada but they speak about the Drug regulations governing the importation of prescription medication for personal use to the US. 

If I find anything this side of Atlantic I will let you know. 

http://www.pharmacychecker.com/brand/price-comparison/midrid/325+mg&25265mg+mg/

I wonder about 'simple' paracetamol/acetaminophen. I was attacked a couple months ago and was hospitalised - head injury. They won't give anything when you are monitored for that. I knew a headache was coming and had most of that day and thought going to go into the night. I was allowed paracetamol and took it not thinking would make any difference at all. Though I was given valoid for nausea too. But did the trick.  A lot easier anyway. 

I see this drug has paracetamol too. Ever try Naproxen with summatriptan. The vasodilator effect with anti inflammatory. Some times when suumatriptan alone doesn't seem to work - when I take Naproxen/Naprosen with it - it does the trick. Some days I just want to take a hatchet and chop me head clean off. ;)

I took Midrin for years. I would get full body 'shivers'. Then would be awake for 24 hours. Didn't know it was banned.

Ok correction to my midrin post from July 22. I went to my old neurologist the other day, and she gave me good 'ole' midrin! Just like they used to make! I told her it stopped working for me long ago and have tried a few other times without luck, but she wanted me to try so I got the RX. I really can't say it did anything as I was having terrible rebound headaches. But just wanted to point out it is alive and well in the good ole USA! And the proper way to take is start with 2, if not better take one more and hour later, and again if not better hour later take one more.. up to a total of 5 in 24 hours. 

I was looking at these migraine posts since it's a huge problem for me.. I noticed when I commented on Midrin, I said the Isometheptine was a vaso 'Dilator' and I meant to say it is a "Vaso-constrictor" Which means it constricts the blood vessels to get the blood away from the areas causing pain. Vaso dilation is what tends to cause the migraine (or headache) 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back