Issues with signing for a usps package

Josepagini

Hey good people! I live in a very rural forest here in the SE, USA where the USPS drivers won’t drive to my house, (one way dirt road) and only leaves mail packages a mile away on a main road in our mailbox. From what I gather, to be able to get a tracking number from practically any vendor.. I would need to sign for the package. They will leave a yellow slip telling me to come in normally if there’s something I need to sign for which is rare, maybe the occasional certified letter etc..

Call me paranoid but I simply don’t feel comfortable going in and signing even for tiny subscriptions. Do you guys think I’m being major paranoid about this? In the past, I’ve told vendors to just send package with no tracking and have been somewhat but certainly not always successful in receiving my subscriptions with some (lost in mail). Maybe I’m overthinking it.. perhaps there is a way to get a tracking # without having to sign for package but so far had no luck. Thoughts? 🤷‍♂️

Thanks in advance!!

Hello Mods, I hope this was the proper place to post this. Please let me know if it’s not or if there’s a better place to ask this question. I’ve tried searching for hours with no luck. Thanks ⭐💀👍

Most vendors will (and routinely do) send packages from private carriers with no signature required (and yes with a tracking number) .  So uh, don't sign for a package :) ;    Not sure about USPS (as far as tracking without signature)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting! I’ll have to communicate better with my vendor(s) to double check I don’t have to sign for sure. I’ve had to before and I simply refused. It was resent w/o tracking and then it arrived without a sig needed. Thanks @Roxyanne for the info. I’m a newbie to the forum and a lot has changed since I used to routinely get mail back in the day. I always just said  no tracking because I ain’t signing shit, hahaha! Learn new stuff everyday on here! Thanks for chiming in and reducing my paranoid level this afternoon my friend! ✌🏼

I’m not a fan of signing for parcels but only because I am usually at work when they arrive,meaning a nosey family member having to sign or having to que on weekend with the failed delivery ticket.There has been an instance when no ticket was left even though when i tracked the item it said it had been attempted to deliver and no one home.They tried again the next day and left the ticket to pick it up at the P/O.Nothing worse than waiting for a sign only package in the festive period as I’ve seen me waiting in line for WELL over an hour on a Saturday am in a snow blizzard

However I do like being able to track my packages so it’s part of the game we play I suppose

Bliss....

Thanks for the helpful input @blissopifree 2 I haven’t had to sign for a package yet, guess I’m a newbie and paranoid. I’ve gotten mixed feedback from so many folks here who sign all the time without a worry and then others who will never sign a thing. I’m probably making more of a big deal of it in my mind than it really is, lol! Oh wow! So Sorry ya had to stand out in the blizzard waiting, lol! For me, it would be standing out in 115 degree heat, ahhhhhhh!! Have a great day! ✌🏼

Hi @Josepagini don’t worry too much my wait in the Blizzard was a forgotten memory just an hour later and was worth the Cold Ha!!

Usually what happens in the UK when things get picked up in the post at customs they send you a L/L or (love letter) as we call them saying they have your package if you want to pick it up.Of course that would be a NO THANKS!.This would perhaps change if you were receiving VAST amounts the outcome may change but I wouldn’t worry too much about personal amounts my friend.I always feel a little anxious when going to pick up my parcels but that’s to be expected a little I suppose by the very nature of the vitamins I require🙄.

Bliss.....

Thanks a lot for the helpful info @blissopifree 2 Yup, only small personal packages for my broken back here. That makes sense totally, feel more at ease for sure! 😀

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back