Items say "Arrived" (not "delivered!), far away

Trudy L

EMERALD SPONSOR
Hi, I've read through the other threads, and searched the box first...(Chrez had a similar post long time ago). 

After clearing customs, items next update  "Arrived" (to a post office far away) close to where customs usps site is.  It has said this continually for the last five days. 

Vendor doesn't want to call for check status,  my questions is:  SHOULD i call the 800 number and inquire?  Geesh, I don't want a lot of extra attention to my candies, but it cleared customs and seems misplaced.... Should I call to inquire, or just drop it and count it as a loss? I don't want to risk revealing too much personal info, but if it is indeed stuck, I would like it to be noticed and eventually move my direction....  

I would not call.  Either it will arrive or it won't and a phone call will only bring attention to your order. Really, any attention at this point is negative attention. I know you want your order but my opinion is that it is not worth the risk a phone call.  I know there are others who say these shippers have hundreds of thousands of packages daily and that is true BUT... I wouldn't want mine singled out.  Just my opinion. 

Hi, I've read through the other threads, and searched the box first...(Chrez had a similar post long time ago). 

After clearing customs, items next update  "Arrived" (to a post office far away) close to where customs usps site is.  It has said this continually for the last five days. 

Vendor doesn't want to call for check status,  my questions is:  SHOULD i call the 800 number and inquire?  Geesh, I don't want a lot of extra attention to my candies, but it cleared customs and seems misplaced.... Should I call to inquire, or just drop it and count it as a loss? I don't want to risk revealing too much personal info, but if it is indeed stuck, I would like it to be noticed and eventually move my direction.... 
Have ya ever seen the show Seinfeld? If so, do you remember Newman, the mailman? I have met my share of postal workers in my day (friends with 2) and with the recent closure of numerous and local sort fac1lities, a delay of 5+ days would not shock me at all. Like Roger says, if and when it shows it does. Calling isn't going to get it to you any quicker. Might as well wait it out, but since it still technically is a free country, you can do as you please.

FYI there is a post office in my town, and if I send a letter to somebody in the same area, the postal service trucks it 2.5 hours north to the new sort facility, then it gets back on a truck to go 2.5 hours back to my town just to get delivered 9 miles from me (bill that I pay, but I work odd hours). And people say that our govt. is inefficient....

Sooo...do you think eventually that "wrong post office" WILL notice it is sitting there?  And then will sort of notice it should have be placed outbound to a state far, far away?   I have no idea how long they let items just "sit" there (a year? Only if someone calls?  Only when they get time to check on it?).  Thanks for the advice, I am NOT going to call unless it goes another week just sitting there, and even then, I  m I g h t  call from anonymous number "just to check"   Vendor will replace it ony IF it gets returned to vendor (since obviously it hasn't been seized.....)

Thanks everyone!!!!.

It's probably just sitting there with other stuff waiting to be sorted/whatever they do to it. Also tn's rarely update, it could be sitting in your box, and still say exactly what it does now. I would do whatever I could to forget about it, and it ALWAYS shows when you LEAST expect it. Happens to myself and others all the time. If you are expecting it, it won't show. How/why this is the case...not sure. I might conduct a study on this. Good luck.

It's probably just sitting there with other stuff waiting to be sorted/whatever they do to it. Also tn's rarely update, it could be sitting in your box, and still say exactly what it does now. I would do whatever I could to forget about it, and it ALWAYS shows when you LEAST expect it. Happens to myself and others all the time. If you are expecting it, it won't show. How/why this is the case...not sure. I might conduct a study on this. Good luck.

Thanks for the info.  I think, if there are no updated by Thursday, I might just send an email inquiry w one of my "other" email addresses.   I realize I might not get any response for four business days, but perhaps at least something will come of it.   Also, yes, I"ve had several tracking  #'s never update even after gifts arrive, but not when coming from out of county; they usually always have....

Items got returned to their sender, or at least that's where its headed. Sigh. No LL yet so maybe a different glich of some sort...

Yay! Items arrived over the weekend. Tracking shows they went back to original senders country, and from there is was re routed back to my area. All OK! 

Shippers are human, and they screw up on a regular basis, and that's a fact. Some drivers have even been known to open the packages, and releave the package of all the mothers day chocolates. Effectively leaving the package in a "pre-planned" lost state, never to be seen again. I've seen/heard of that  that happening several times before.. It's a shame some of these shipping/courier drivers make $32 -$40 bucks and hour, and are bigger criminals than most other folks. But it sure happens.

Was in the news in my local area that a UPS truck lost control and piled up leaving several no doubt valuable packages late for at least a day or two. The driver of the 18 wheeler was charged with DUI. Damn if he didn't screw up royal. A cushy job like that, making no telling how much money, and for him to be that foolish <Shakes Head>. I guess it takes all kinds. for the money they get paid to drive those 18 wheeler trucks, I'd wear a damned safely helmet and a five point harness, if they'd stop them from charging me with something that would cause me to lose my pie job.

http://www.thetimestribune.com/news/dui-crash-on-i--injures-one/article_c4e52356-f5f5-11e4-9ab7-53b17c885869.html

PS: He damages my Rock Climbing Gear, I know where London is. I'll go whoop his arse!!   /default_angry.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back