Keeping your pets safe from your meds (dropped on floor etc).

Smoka90

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
I know personally, I'm always terrified that one day I will drop something on the floor, and my rabbit will eat it (she eats almost anything), and I take lots of precautions to prevent it. Sometimes it gets OTT and I end up scouring the floor in case I've dropped a kratom capsule or a PK.

There was one time, I was making kratom caps and one flipped out of my hand and landed in my bunny's hay. It was only a tiny pinch of kratom, and I know it's non-toxic, but I spent a *long, long* time searching for it. Imagine trying to find something transcluent and the size of a tiny pill, in a huge, huge pile of hay. Even my partner helped me look, it was so ridiculous. I never did find it... Then weeks later, I found it in my bag of empty capsules. I had to laugh...if I didn't, I'd have cried.

So I just wondered, what precautions do you take with keeping your pets safe from any med related accidents? It's always good to share experience and tips I think.

Be very very careful!! Of course I'm extra paranoid because when one of my two doggies was a puppy he ate one of my migraine pills. I found him chewing on the wrapper. Didn't know how much he got, it comes wrapped one each in foil and is very strong working on the vascular system/affecting BP/heart etc. Being a nurse  I knew it could not be good for this tiny puppy to eat this. I keep a couple on my bedside table, and often they fell off on to floor.  We all keep doors closed for the reason of dogs not coming in our rooms (mine and adult daughters who have migraines too) and getting into our stuff and a possible pill.  Well once I saw him I flipped out and yelled for my daughters knowing the med works fast. we rushed him to the all hours animal hospital and they had to induce vomiting and then keep him all night to monitor per animal poison control. They said they had to give him a dose of a anxiety med during night due to symptoms related to the medication. We were so relieved he was ok. the hospital bill was          about $1,000!!  Maybe even a little more with the deposit. With the Emerg services, IV's medications, overnight stay, poison control call was $85 alone, meds etc. Of course I didn't think twice about paying it, but we are VERY careful with any medications even more so after that! Have one other place in kitchen for vitamins/advil etc, and always check floor. I also try and open things over the sink. If I even think I drop something I have my mag flashlight and I'm on the floor until Im convinced it's not there! 

Oh my god...that's a horrible story of how things can go wrong...I hope nothing like that ever, ever happens with my rabbit... but I am getting more and more careful now. I basically don't do anything in the room she's in now, but I often worry about stuff on my hands, clothes etc.

And with you looking on the floor with a torch until you're convinced it's not there. I'm so glad to meet a kindred spirit! I've done that so, so many flippin' times! Not once I've found something. But I guess I'm being cautious. But I feel like a right idiot sometimes. Once my other half came in the room and saw me searching the floor with a torch. Bit of an odd scene, that was...

I have a friend who's puppy died from eating a caffeine pill due to a seizure caused from it. I had my older dog eat my weed cookies but it's only the puppies that seem to be something you really need to worry about when it comes to dropping pills by accident. 

I only take my candy in my bathroom with the door shut.  I do all of my handling over the sink with the drain closed.  I always keep my kitty's out since we all know our fur babies are so important to us.  Anyway that's just my trick!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back