Kratom Review

Clary

This is the first time I've tried Kratom and I'm amazed by it's effects. I accidentally might have tried too much last night, but it was okay. I ordered 4 oz online and since I'm more of an instant gratification kind of person, I stopped in at my local tobacco shop and picked up 1 oz of maeng da kratom. 

I felt a buzz from it within 20 min after I mixed about a spoonful into some watermelon juice. I didn't drink it all because it wasn't the best tasting. Then I was reading some threads that it's best to start with a teaspoon. I had no idea how to measure a gram so I winged it with the spoonful. Anyway, I felt great all night and slept like a baby with some pretty cool vivid dreams. Not sure if kratom has that kind of effect.

This morning I just added 1/2 teaspoon to my coffee and mixed in 2 stevias and added in some peppermint mocha creamer.  I ca barely taste the bitterness of the kratom. I almost instantly felt the buzz from last night. I started drinking it on an empty stomach and then had a bagel while sipping my coffee. 

I can say that this is great and I'm so happy that it helps with my aches and pains. I have fibromyalgia and I'm pretty sure I'm starting to get arthritis. I live in constant pain so this has really helped with reducing it. I know it may be a little early to be this optimistic, but I can't help it.

I am also tapering down from PMs and this has helped with the WDs. My mood feels better and not so doom and gloom. The biggest test for me is when I go to work on Monday. I'm usually in a stressed out state all the time at work, so I'm hoping that it will help keep me calm. 

A follow up from my first kratom review. The first week was amazing. I had no issues or stomach problems. In my head I thought this is too good to be true, but it's working so let's ride it out. The second week, I noticed some nausea, but I tried to eat before I took it in the morning and it would subside midday. Near the end of week 2, probably on Friday night, all hell broke loose. I thought I had the flu. My head was pounding, body aches and chills and on top of that I was constipated so I was miserable all weekend. I took maybe 2 teaspoons per day after that to try to make myself feel better, but it only helped for an hour or 2 then I went back to feeling like shit. All week at work I had hot flashes and irritability. I was also pretty fatigued and had to pretty much hold out and try my hardest to stay at work all day. I'm one of those people that hate missing work.

By the end of the third week on Friday I was super fatigued and noticed in the bathroom at work whoa I look yellow. I checked the whites of my eyes and they were also yellow. Fuck. This was not good.

I left work early and went home to rest. I took my last dose on Thursday,  but stopped because I felt so nauseated and had no appetite.  That's how I had the feeling that kratom was making me sick. Even when I get sick, food is still life to me and I can eat normal. 

I took this weekend to rest and drink tons of water and eating somewhat healthy. I've researched online why this is happening and I am one of the unfortunate people who cannot metabolize the kratom in my liver thus the jaundice. I'm pretty heartbroken about this and I cannot take kratom anymore. 

I'm hoping my liver will heal and the jaundice will fade. I have shitty insurance so I didnt go to the ER. I know I'm stupid for not going, but the proof of the damage is in my skin and eyes I stopped kratom and the only thing to do is wait for it to recover. 

I wish I could be one of the lucky people to be able to tolerate it and I'm happy for the ones that do. I'm feeling much better today,  but still fatigued and I am itchy. Obviously if it gets worse I'll go to the doctor, but I'm so embarrassed and poor lol. 

That is really rough @Clary , please update this thread to let us know that you are ok later on. I have heard milk thistle is good for liver detox but I can’t say whether or not that is a good idea in your circumstances. I suggest you give it some research though as maybe it could help clear your system. I hope you are ok!

Thank you for your concern. I went to work today after calling out 2 days in a row. It's so not like me to do that unless it's really bad. I haven't felt like myself for over a week and today was the first day in a long time I was in better spirits. I have more energy and my urine is a little clearer than the bright yellowy orange it has been since Thurs. My eyes are still yellow and somewhat bloodshot. For me, I'm super self conscious so I didnt make much eye contact with anyone today lol I'm hoping that clears up by the weekend,  but from what I've researched it could take a week to months. I'm eating healthier and trying to stick to mainly veggies and low fat diet which is hard because I love me some taco bell and junk food.

It's scary that I could not have predicted that this would happen especially so fast. From what I've read, my bilirubin is most likely high as well as my liver enzymes. I don't have pain or constipation anymore so it's looking better. Doctors online have mentioned in case studies that the high levels can go up before it gets better. 

I'll keep updating until the symptoms subside. I know I should go get some bloodwork soon. I am my father's daughter when it comes to taking care of myself in that regard, but this has opened my eyes to taking better care of myself.

@Clary 

I am really glad to hear that you are feeling better! Thankfully you recognized what your symptoms were and ceased imbibing kratom.  Have you ever had any indication of similar reactions to other substances?

I would definitely look into anything else before you make a decision to take anything.  If you are able, try to find out if a milk thistle, turmeric and dandelion regimen will help your symptoms abate quicker. From what I’ve read is they don’t have proof but anecdotal evidence that it could help with liver detox.  Cholestyramine could help with the itching as long as your bile duct isn’t completely blocked from what I read.

Can you link here where you read about kratom and the inability in some to tolerate it?  I am curious to learn more and I would like to document it in this thread should anyone else have the same problem.  

I would suggest you try to pinpoint the exact cause as it is possible that there is another underlying cause such as hepatitis or a blocked bile duct.  Since you are showing signs of improvement I’m leaning towards it being that your liver couldn’t process it, but if you have info as to why that is(genetic cause), then we could rule out other causes with more certainty.

Thanks again for the update, please check in again so we know your progress. As a consumer of kratom, I would like to be aware of any of these symptoms to watch for in myself as well.

That is really rough @Clary , please update this thread to let us know that you are ok later on. I have heard milk thistle is good for liver detox but I can’t say whether or not that is a good idea in your circumstances. I suggest you give it some research though as maybe it could help clear your system. I hope you are ok!

@Clary 

I am really glad to hear that you are feeling better! Thankfully you recognized what your symptoms were and ceased imbibing kratom.  Have you ever had any indication of similar reactions to other substances?

I would definitely look into anything else before you make a decision to take anything.  If you are able, try to find out if a milk thistle, turmeric and dandelion regimen will help your symptoms abate quicker. From what I’ve read is they don’t have proof but anecdotal evidence that it could help with liver detox.  Cholestyramine could help with the itching as long as your bile duct isn’t completely blocked from what I read.

Can you link here where you read about kratom and the inability in some to tolerate it?  I am curious to learn more and I would like to document it in this thread should anyone else have the same problem.  
Thank you so much! I am asian so I also have the lack of the enzyme that breaks down alcohol so unfortunately I'm broken and can't have fun like the rest of the world lol I wonder if it has a correlation? Possibly, I saw in a thread in reddit I think of someone mentioning it. I wish I saved the link. There's not a terrible amount of studies on the issue, but there are actual reviews from consumers who have had similar experiences to mine. One link I found is 

There are more you can find if you just search things like elevated liver enzymes and kratom or jaundice and kratom. I'm being as optimistic as I can be and hoping it completely clears from my body. My eyes are still yellowish, but not as bright and today my urine has been getting clearer so thats a great sign. I'm not as itchy today, but I notice it gets worse at night. 

Over the weekend I purchased some NAC off Amazon and took one 600mg tablet a day. I stopped all my vitamins and supplements and have only taken my birth control.

I hope some people out there do not have to experience what I have. Maybe there is a link between those who cannot process alcohol and kratom. And obviously if you have a predisposition to elevated liver enzymes or kidney issues to reconsider taking kratom because it could really make you sick and it could be too late. Some people who have tried it state they noticed symptoms after a whole month even after stopping it which is scary because alot could have accumulated in their system in that length of time. I was somewhat lucky that I noticed it almost 2 weeks in. I wish it was sooner like some others, but everyone is different. 

Thank you for sharing, I look forward to reading about this! 

I am very happy to hear that your symptoms are lessening with time@Clary 

The NAC Pill is a good call since that is definitely going to help assuming anything is still left in your system at this point. I have read nothing that really actually suggests milk thistle truly helps least in studies and evidence but things like pectin in apples support the liver and cranberry juice supposedly helps cleanse the liver keep in mind these are just little things that can't hurt and are doubtful to be of much benefit but good luck sorry this is happening to you. 

This goes to show we need to research everything from Vitamin and Herbal Supplements to our Prescriptions until we know them like the back of our hand since we all think "Oh no way that is that ever going to be happening to me or no way am I going to that unlucky of a person!" but your post has at least informed Me to keep an eye out for any of these symptoms when I try Kratom out for the first time and get a Liver Enzyme Test on the Days I do use it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back