Legal Issue For The Public (Pfizer) Enemy.

HYPNOTIC.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
The DRUG PRICE COMPETITION AND PATENT TERM RESTORATION ACT of 1984

This act made it easier for generics to enter the market. It allows for manufacturers to extend the patents on brand name products. The act was also designed to promote and influence the development of drugs that are really new.

What the……? Where are they?

The new drugs are profit-makers that cost over $1,000.00 a month, are IVs and the guy talking really fast in the television commercials reminds you that the patient can suffer instant death at any time.

Esomeprazole, escitalopram and desvenlafaxine ARE NOT NEW DRUGS. But, they got a new patent.

When the guardians of the public come up with a new law that benefits a business a company does have some responsibility, don’t you think? Where are the new $100.00 a month PO drugs that your average American can get at the pharmacy?

They improved on lovastatin. They ran the course from hydralazine to the Angiotensin II receptor blockers and no American needs to sit and wait for a stroke.

You would expect that they would double down on Type II diabetes because it is estimated that one in every three Americans will be “afflicted†because of all of the french fry gobbling, burger chomping fatsos. But, they really haven’t. Can you imagine that it might be more profitable to simply manage diabetes than working toward curing it? Not enough profit in curing anything.

I am cynical and you know Jay Pee, I am an optimistic idiot. But, I have no faith in Pharma, big or small. In the 21st Century, it is all about GREED. I firmly believe that curing illness is not a priority. If the people are cured, they will not need that $1,000.00 a month drug.

So, Big Pharma got patent extension in return from allowing the generic manufacturers to use (basically) their package inserts. It’s a no brainer. The proof is in the pudding because in 1984, Big Pharma made promises about innovation. Big Pharma has not kept faith with the American people.

You know that I have been around for awhile and I clearly remember when there were NEW drugs every year. Not anymore.

Pharmacists have gone from being the drivers of the profession to being prescription-drug pimps. Period. How did this happen? My contention is that it happened as the industry became became more invested in profit and less invested in healing, curing or ameliorating disease. To the contrary. More disease. More profit. Period.

What do we do? What can we do? Take the enormous profits for drugs like esomeprazole off the table, that’s what. Make innovative drugs where the money can be made. Force them to come up with molecules that are actually NEW.

I get a hernia, I laugh so hard. The Jay Pee, Patient, Pharmacist lobby has no power.

Reference: http://www.jimplagakis.com/?p=5381

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back