Letter from my Healthcare Company I'm off my meds?!

Broadway2282

Well this is a new one. A few weeks ago I kicked my Prozac cold turkey and could not make it to my Dr for a new meds for a bit due to work and other pressing issues. I know it's wrong to kick something cold turkey - I had my reasons so I did it anyway. Been completely manic as a result and it's been a bitch, yeah would not recommend doing that. Ugh - to be expected I guess. When I did make it to the Dr she gave me a new antidepressant plus some Benzo's to calm me down as she diagnosed me as Manic.

Much to my surprise, my healthcare company sent me a letter in the mail that their records indicate I have not been taking my meds and how dangerous that is. Um - for realz?! I've quit many antidepressants cold turkey through the years and never gotten a letter. Lol

Just curious if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this. Feel like Big Brother is totally watching me now. I don't know if this is a result of all the new healthcare changes in the U.S. (ObamaCare) or because I went to the psych ward last year I'm like on some kind of watch list cause that bitch is cray. Or my Dr is obligated to report that to them since I'm a risk patient. I just find this a tad bit disturbing and a little to close for comfort for me. 

Your healthcare company really wrote you a letter with that content?
They're not even to know what you're taking for what reason. All they should do is to pay for.
Basta.

Need a lawyer for that? Google will help you.....

Can't believe what will come next. Personal pill taking butler??? 7uck these bastards!!!!!

Yes! Lol - They had all kinds of helpful tips like exercise to get me back on track. I'm sure with my history they are all over my records and know them inside and out. My mom said it is part of the new "preventive healthcare" they are practicing now in the U.S.

Health ins thinks it's cheaper in the long run to keep closer tabs on you now to prevent disaster. 

So, they call people with diabetes etc... (Nurses) to be sure they are on track. Whatever - still shocking to me. I'd prefer for them to just pay for my meds like I pay them to do and leave me the hell alone. 

I want nothing to do with their kind of "help". Learned last year the hard way to never reach out for help with severe depression to psychiatrists, therapists, hospitals or God forbid the dumb ass cops. 

I agree and disagree at the same time. I don't think you should of dropped any medication cold turkey but I disagree with them sending you a letter regarding such a matter seeing that information is supposed to remain confidential between you and your healthcare provider which is patient doctor confidentiality. So for them to send you a letter, the doctor must of thought you were putting yourself in real danger so they contacted a few sources regarding it and must of lead up to your healthcare provider getting involved.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but please don't stop any type of medication CT. There's a lot of suffering on the forums and it kills me inside to know another is in pain aswell. This isn't just for me, this is for everybody here and your family that cares about your well being. I give you my best of luck, and I hope this doesn't happen again seeing the severity of the situation. 

Be safe,

-VII

Well it's not big brother that's monitoring you (i.e., the gov't) but your insurance company. Is it possible you agreed to some program. Our insurance company is constantly suggesting we sign up for some free health monitoring program, which I suspect would do something like this. We always say no. A lot of people with depression, and even more with bipolar disorder do suddenly stop their meds & that increases the risk that they'll end up in a psych ward, so from your insurance company's perspective they're trying to reduce the odds of this using a relatively low cost intervention, but again I think you may have agreed to this someone (perhaps in the fine print in your insurance contract).

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back