Liver Support: NAC vs.UDCA

Hammerblow

Spammers
Liver Support: NAC vs.UDCA

These two are probably the most mentioned liver supporting drugs around forums. I'll discuss the two drugs so that you can make a more informed decision. Please note that there are other great liver support methods but these are the ones I chose to compare. I will not be making any comparisons to other drugs. Please refrain from asking for reviews and/or comparisons to other drugs. These are the only two that I have only really ever used. 

UDCA: Ursodeoxycholic acid 

TUDCA is the same except it contains Taurine, hence the T. Taurine benefits will not be discussed, the following is in reference to UDCA only. 

UDCA is a bile acid. (bear bile) - Pharm grade is manufactured and is not bear bile. This drug is very effective. However, my recommendation would be to use this drug for conditions such as gallstones, mainly cholesterol generated stones. I also recommend this as a preventative measure for those who are overweight and losing weight rapidly. These are natural occurrences that happen in your body. There is a reason why this drug is an Rx drug. It's used for serious conditions such as Cirrhosis of the liver, Chronic liver disease and even liver transplants rely on it to prevent rejection.

The way UDCA works is by increasing bile flow from the gallbladder to the intestine. Bile is quite toxic if flow is hindered. It decreases the amount of cholesterol your liver generates and decreases cholesterol from food. This is why it's such a great drug for preventing cholesterol stones. 

Now, I know everyone is thinking of that other thread about liver protection and how it says nothing is greater. However, that thread also says there has been research on liver protection from steroids using UDCA. Please take special note of the word "research", not study. The reason I mention this is because I do not recommend long-term use of UDCA. Especially in steroid -induced liver damage cases from long cycles. If you use it, it's best used on cycle and discontinued. Either way, we know it works.

In conclusion: Yes, UDCA is very effective for use while on a steroid cycle. However, it's use is limited and does not offer benefits in other areas.

NAC: N-Acetyl Cysteine

NAC is derived from the Amino Acid; L-Cysteine. Most of you already know that this Over the Counter product is my choice. It's readily available and it's cheap. You take it for your liver, but NAC's uses and areas of benefit would shock even some of the more educated users. I'll go as far as saying many doctors are unaware of how powerful this drug really is. Let's have a look...

I'll cover the liver first since that's the main concern for us. NAC can prevent all types of damage to the liver. Whether it's alcohol damage or steroid-induced damage. NAC is a precursor for Glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidants available in our bodies and it's very stable. Similar to UDCA, it also provides aid in bile flow and lowers elevated enzymes. Not quite as effective in the presence of stones, however, can be an effective preventative measure for cholesterol generated stones. 

Here's a list of benefits NAC can provide your body:

01. Powerful antioxidant
02. Counteracts poisons (carbon monoxide, acetaminophen)
03. Treats Lung infections (bronchitis, influenza, obstructive pulmonary... yes, even you dang smokers)
04. Treats acute liver failure
05. Treats Ear infections
06. Lowers cholesterol
07. Increased immunity
08. Has a role in Energy
09. Aids with psychiatric conditions (depression, obsession, addictions)
10. Prevents kidney stones
11. Protects muscle tissue (post workout recovery)
12. Improves insulin sensitivity (gbrice!)
13. Treats stomach infections 
14. Defends against stomach-ulcer causing bacteria.
15. Seriously? You're still reading? Go get some NAC!

This is why I choose NAC. It will protect my liver just as good as UDCA, but its overall benefits are unbelievable. 

Doses up to 2000mg daily for prolonged periods have shown no ill effects. Doses up to 2800mg were proven safe for several months. However, we want to use NAC year round. 

How to dose NAC:

600mg daily year round. Increase to 1200mg for an injectable steroid cycle. Increase to 1800mg - 2400mg in the presence of oral steroids . Obviously use the lower dose for mildly toxic steroids such as Anavar , and the heavier dose for toxic steroids such as Dianabol . 

Bro, I'm sorry I'm blowing up all your posts, but this shit is like everything I ever wanted to learn about in one extremely convenient section! Also, every single one of them have been written by you! I actually have done some damage to my liver over the past couple years and never knew about this medicine. Thank you again.

You’re absolutely welcome my friend. I love contributing to our community. I’m so glad they are helping you. 

@Johnnyregs22 I take NAC regularly and you're right, its fantastic.   I switched to the enteric-coated, slow release bc the regular NAC bothers my stomach.  There is some research that suggests it should be taken daily, so I take it 2-3 times per week.  Totally prevents liver damage from various drugs/toxins and about 50% of the time I can prevent a migraine if I take it early enough...

I just wanna add that the benefits are all true and will even be given as a an emergency for acetaminophen overdose. The several obsessive compulsive conditions it helps can be miracles as those are extremely hard to treat; some people do well adding 10-20 grams inositol for cycling mood and OCD.  

ONE IMPORTANT POINT- the safety of NAC for liver protection mainly revolves around its involvement in donating L-Cysteine to produce glutathione. Glutathione takes several forms related to ionic potential and in this way scavenges free radicals of most kinds (not super oxidative free radicals, good with thiol, peroxide, etc.) If you drink alcohol and at the end of the night take NAC, you are doing MORE damage to your liver in every way (higher ALT expression, lipid oxidative damage to brain and liver; and ethanol’s  injurious effects on mitochondrial, red blood cell, and glycolic processes, all of which are worsened with NAC administration after ethanol intake by several hours. If you take NAC 30 minutes or more BEFORE you start drinking, these injuries from ethanol are all significantly reduced. Abstinence and NAC results in more rapid responses and healing over abstinence alone, and also during the withdrawal phase. If you’re cells are replete with the reduced (GSH) glutathione form as may have began to occur once drinking begins, the hormetic response to NAC will cause it to become pro-oxidative and do more liver damage than drinking without it. If someone knows why this is exactly, I’m curious to hear.  Glutathione is so important and NAC does so much more than just donate cysteine.  But a common pattern in the biphasic response is evident in most of its applications. For example, acute craving for cocaine after withdrawal is significantly attenuated by NAC at about the four hour mark, despite NAC peaking in the body by the two hour mark. So, taken every 6 hours over 24 hour day, the craving for cocaine lessens remarkably for about 14 hours after the last dose of NAC. It’s effects are lasting and notable, but not immediate or singular. Other nutritional or enzymatic pathways are at play and I’ve never been able to find a straight answer about that with respect to liver protection. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back