Lost Pack Investigation With Usps?

Def_Starr

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
if a pack arrived in my sorting facility same as the post office that holds my box, if it goes beyond 6days domestic do i put in a investigation into my pack by giving them my TN# so they can locate it  or take it as a loss? and contact my vendor 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about this but according to the TN where is the letter physically located at this moment?

same sorting facility where the main branch where my box is 

its been there since the 18th, and its the same facility as the main branch, so not sure when i go on the website it says eta was yesterday, but i checked today and still nothing 

Shit get backed up and misplaced all the time. Are you willing to forget about it?

It has never happened to me so I can't say if it were me I would call them. Do you feel comfortable doing that? I'm guessing it's from down below.

A watched pot never boils. Just stop checking the rest of the week. I bet you will have it in hand soon.

I would do nothing. Just wait it out. You never know. I don't wanna start panic but better safe than sorry. Besides the 19th was a holiday so like HB said, shit gets backed up.

just weird because i received someone else mail on monday when i checked my box on the 19th, also ordered a ebay item shipped and received and the same timeframe pack was in my sort facility 

I can shed a little light on this. Since 9/11 happened in the states and the mailing of deadly things, states have a choke point that all domestic mail goes through.This ofcourse includes post received in from other countries. In my state, everything in the southern half of the state goes to a SINGLE sorting facility. Whether it is bulk stuff going out or in. From there it goes to the airports or trucks. When coming in, similar. Sacks of mail and packages are dumped off and then go from there.

About a year ago, I sent a priority package, a birthday gift to a friend. Normally 2-3 days. As usual. It hit our states scanning facility and the tracking number went dead. Didn't move. I contacted the post office for a "What the F" conversation. Well being in a smaller area, they looked up the date and picked another tracking number of a similar package sent the same way. Results were the same. The answer was this. "We load packages into large bags and bins. They all go to "PLACE X" and they are scanned and then sorted and move on to the airport , etc. The other package has been sitting there just as long". They said it is common AND EASY for  this bag to get tossed in some out of the place area that goes missed for a while. When it is found, it is processed. Long story short it sat there 3 weeks before it was found and all things in that bag were then sent on their way. And no this was not during a holiday time frame.

And in our state, yeah, things coming in all hit that same choke point, but here it is about sorting. No scanning for airborne toxins, etc. And things have stopped dead here for a while. So this is the ins and outs. Best thing is as stated. Stop hitting refresh on it and let it be. It is probably in some corner of the facility. And eventually it will be found and forwarded on. Sadly my friend  was upset he didn't get his gift by his birthday but was just as happy the same.

If this ever happens when sending things, to be creative, grab a stack of Tracker codes found in most post offices that you can fill out yourself (If they still do that) and look at hte number order. They are not sequential but close enough. You can start tracking similar numbers and see if patterns emerge. But that is just too much work /default_biggrin.png Just let er ride and know you are probably safe. (Not to mention unless it is insured, you have no recourse anyway).

Totally agreed. Just chill. That is not super long to have something stuck at all.

I had a similar instance where I had a package coming through that had a tracking number that seemingly went Dead on 1/7. However, I tracked the package on 2/1 and it seems to be moving again. It says "processed through customs". I'm wondering if I'm getting my original package or an LL. If it was an LL would it even be traceable, let alone attached to my original packages trackiglng number? Sorry if this is a double post my original post seemed to not have been uploaded.

I can shed a little light on this. Since 9/11 happened in the states and the mailing of deadly things, states have a choke point that all domestic mail goes through.This ofcourse includes post received in from other countries. In my state, everything in the southern half of the state goes to a SINGLE sorting facility. Whether it is bulk stuff going out or in. From there it goes to the airports or trucks. When coming in, similar. Sacks of mail and packages are dumped off and then go from there.

About a year ago, I sent a priority package, a birthday gift to a friend. Normally 2-3 days. As usual. It hit our states scanning facility and the tracking number went dead. Didn't move. I contacted the post office for a "What the F" conversation. Well being in a smaller area, they looked up the date and picked another tracking number of a similar package sent the same way. Results were the same. The answer was this. "We load packages into large bags and bins. They all go to "PLACE X" and they are scanned and then sorted and move on to the airport , etc. The other package has been sitting there just as long". They said it is common AND EASY for this bag to get tossed in some out of the place area that goes missed for a while. When it is found, it is processed. Long story short it sat there 3 weeks before it was found and all things in that bag were then sent on their way. And no this was not during a holiday time frame.

And in our state, yeah, things coming in all hit that same choke point, but here it is about sorting. No scanning for airborne toxins, etc. And things have stopped dead here for a while. So this is the ins and outs. Best thing is as stated. Stop hitting refresh on it and let it be. It is probably in some corner of the facility. And eventually it will be found and forwarded on. Sadly my friend was upset he didn't get his gift by his birthday but was just as happy the same.

If this ever happens when sending things, to be creative, grab a stack of Tracker codes found in most post offices that you can fill out yourself (If they still do that) and look at hte number order. They are not sequential but close enough. You can start tracking similar numbers and see if patterns emerge. But that is just too much work /default_biggrin.png Just let er ride and know you are probably safe. (Not to mention unless it is insured, you have no recourse anyway).
Wanted to ask someone personally about this. My comments for some reason arent posting in the thread, and i just signed up last week. I had a similar instance where I had a package coming through that had a tracking number that seemingly went Dead on 1/7. However, I tracked the package on 2/1 and it seems to be moving again. It says "processed through customs". I'm wondering if I'm getting my original package or an LL. If it was an LL would it even be traceable, let alone attached to my original packages trackiglng number?

anyway i did do a lost pack investigation, lol the response time for them is forever to reply back , its funny cause the day i sent that lost pack investigation, i get it the next day, than a week later i finally get a reply back...im sure there back up themselves... so i wont stress it but dam this storm in nyc slowing movement !!! COME ON ALREDY ! 

Relax and enjoy the rest of your night. Most of us have waited for a package that will never seem to arrive. You made it so if it happens again you'll be as cool as a cucumber.

i had pack clear out of customs at 3am, i am used to see it going to sort facility right after customs within 1-2hrs, this time its been over 12hours , this stinks 

Opps, sorry I misunderstood you on a previous post. I thought you got the package. It will be there soon.

My experiences, and I feel this is clutter on the board as I write this is: 1 problem via uSPS. The tracking number in the system said "Confiscated and destroyed by customers. No LL, No nothing. Only experience with "Other SHippers, won't name names" was my friend that used a vendor I had used for years waited, and waited to just get a LL. (Sent via USPS).

That vendor stopped sending tracking numbers out a couple years back. Porbably because when they did, you got the tracking number about 1 week after you received your  package so pointless anyway. And what was wierd is when you did get the tracking number, it took a couple days after you received the package before it was even in the system. I don't get that one at all. I did order from that vendor not too long ago and suprisingly I got the package in 4 days, from a different country than my own. Shocked the living hell out of me. But I was greatful to get it.

I have used a couple vendors I found here in my short time on DBG and so far none of them even hint at offering tracking. SO I do what I learned a long time ago. Put my order in and pray to the Gods of package destroyment that they will be kind to me.

A better question I have is "Has anyone had their carrier help themselves?" It happened once. Obvious open and reseal and Partial contents gone. Question is rhetorical really. I have my ideas on what could have happened. And I seriously don't believe customs had anything to do with it. /default_smile.png HAPPY WEEKEND ALL.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back