Medical/pharmacy Records In United States

Denise

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Since the regulations in UK and the US might be different, I thought maybe we could use a thread to discuss issues as they come up or we learn about them.

My comp attorney made a CD for me that has everything about my injury, meds, treatment, comp, doctors' info.....  if you have a comp attorney you might want to get a copy of all your medical info burned onto a CD too.  If traveling, would come in VERY handy.  I kept all my x-rays, scans, etc

Hey, they are mine and the place never seemed to even notice they never came back.

On the ball.  Great monitoring system.   LOL

I'm hearing doctors' offices are charging patients for copies of their medical records - at $1/page  ?  that is pretty damned expensive if you've gone there a long time or have multiple problems.

Burning a CD would be so much cheaper, faster than standing at the copy machine, too.  Since doctors have to go on computers anyway -

think about asking for a CD instead of paper records next time.

Just a suggestion. 

I would like to keep up with progress made by states to get all pharmacies within their spying reach and the national pharmacy database registry.  If anyone knows more about how truly effective the national database is, please PM me.   I'm aware the state ones have been around long enough to work out their kinks.        Some genius out there needs to think of a way we can deal with this....

Hint *  Hint  *

Please use this thread to discuss anything about medical records, getting copies, what's in them (like something you can prove incorrect), problems, ideas, updates or info on national pharmacy registry etc.

Hope this helps someone.

Hidden in ObamaCare Site: Applicants Surrender Right to Privacy

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/24/Hidden-In-ObamaCare-Applicants-Give-Up-Right-To-Privacy

What have I been saying about the dangers of putting private, confidential health info on a government website since I joined dbg?

Well, here it the first big confirmation.   

This doesn't include hackers and govt miscreants, 

this is your communist govt sneaking past its own rules to violate HIPPA and your rights, not just health info but personal info also - putting your waiver in computer script so you don't know you've signed your rights away......

because the corrupt govt didn't include the waiver in application

or information section for you to know and agree.

IF OBAMACARE IS NOT DEFUNDED AND STOPPED, PREPARE FOR ANARCHY 

There's that govt transparency for you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I really wanted to get me some insurance too, however, it won't be that one.  I have a question about my past medical records.  I had a bad car accident that put 19 staples in my head and fractured a vertebrae in my neck.  How hard would it be for me to obtain a prescription over the internet, based on my medical records?

And I really wanted to get me some insurance too, however, it won't be that one.  I have a question about my past medical records.  I had a bad car accident that put 19 staples in my head and fractured a vertebrae in my neck.  How hard would it be for me to obtain a prescription over the internet, based on my medical records?
Im extremely interested in this as well, as my doctor has been with us a while, but can't even read my x rays. I love the guy but need some serious help.

I have some nasty structural damage with multiple x rays. If I find anything or hear anything I will let you know, enigmatic. I can't PM you yet, so Ill find you here.

If you could do the same I would really appreciate it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/24/Hidden-In-ObamaCare-Applicants-Give-Up-Right-To-Privacy

What have I been saying about the dangers of putting private, confidential health info on a government website since I joined dbg?

this is your communist govt sneaking past its own rules to violate HIPPA and your rights, not just health info but personal info also - putting your waiver in computer script so you don't know you've signed your rights away......

Yep this county is going down the tube fast.

This is satire!

Had to get MY medical records for lawsuit against workers comp. Walked into DR office spent 10 mins filling out release, came back next day and was handed files NO charge!. You do not have to disclose any of that info, not even to a doctor. In court actions there will be so many pretrail motions by the time you get to court they will know little more than your name and only the facts pertinant to your winning your lawsuit.  The whole arrogant LEFT and IgnorantRight ideologies play no part in reatlity. Maybe fun for some sick individuals  who like too rag and nag about nonsensical nonexistant "facts" in discususion forums but HIPPA still stands and always will until the day we get so complacent to give up that right as we have so many others !

Agreed

Here's how it works in the US (aside VA)

If it's psych or hospital: go to place of destination - go to records - request to see your records.  Some ask for a fee (it's very low), read them.  Pay to make copies if allowed.

If it's GP office: sign papers to have your med docs released.  If you want, you can do this when you move states or practices so Dr's are on the same page at no cost to you.  If you want it to have it, sometimes there is a small release fee and an in person pick-up with gov ID. Depends state to state / counties and what type of Dr.

Law requires a warrant or a sign off from you (so if you are ever caught up in something, don't quicken the race by signing individual release forms for med records for them - as that bypasses warrants).

Med records are not all ONE chart.  Each place has their own and a law protects their contents.  

Pharmacy is different and everything now is DEA regulated so that pharmacies even across state lines, will see fill dates for scheduled meds and Dr. Same goes for hospitals in triage.  We do have access to those shopping or medicated IF they use insurance (Dr's office) or if it's the pharmacy it's just by name/birthdate/social

I always figured as of the last 6-7 years this was in place. I stopped "shopping" many many years ago. Glad I did

If it is an ER visit most places will give you a cd if asked for the scans, x rays. But just download evrything to a thumb drive and protect it with your life. Keep the meds and allergies up to date.

Agreed

Here's how it works in the US (aside VA)

If it's psych or hospital: go to place of destination - go to records - request to see your records.  Some ask for a fee (it's very low), read them.  Pay to make copies if allowed.

If it's GP office: sign papers to have your med docs released.  If you want, you can do this when you move states or practices so Dr's are on the same page at no cost to you.  If you want it to have it, sometimes there is a small release fee and an in person pick-up with gov ID. Depends state to state / counties and what type of Dr.

Law requires a warrant or a sign off from you (so if you are ever caught up in something, don't quicken the race by signing individual release forms for med records for them - as that bypasses warrants).

Med records are not all ONE chart.  Each place has their own and a law protects their contents.  

Pharmacy is different and everything now is DEA regulated so that pharmacies even across state lines, will see fill dates for scheduled meds and Dr. Same goes for hospitals in triage.  We do have access to those shopping or medicated IF they use insurance (Dr's office) or if it's the pharmacy it's just by name/birthdate/social
If I go to a new doc tomorrow, can he see my prescriptions or treatments by another doc that I don't tell them about from 5-10 years ago? For example, if you get treated with subs 10 yrs ago will that infor follow you anytime you see a doc?

You are quoting Breitbart for facts? Have you noticed the article does not cite any sections of the statutory code, no case law, and no regulations? It’s because they can’t. This is political hysteria written to inflame peoples passions. As someone who has studied HIPAA, ACA, and health care regulations and case law I can tell you that this article is eggregiously wrong. I promise you no serious agency, practitioner or healthcare org is going to act on your info on the basis of this article. You can’t cite this article in defense when the lawsuits start trickling in and as i mentioned the article provides no authoritative citation in support...  I do however agree with the underlying sentiment that more should be done to protect one’s privacy.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back