Member Correspondence With Vendors - Please Read

Mr. Crowley

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
As you know, this board depends on each of us sharing our experiences (good and bad) in an attempt to help our fellow posters navigate the often sketchy and certainly unregulated business of IOPs and email vendors. This whole system only works if we trust our fellow posters, if we trust the vendors that we work with, AND, although we probably don't think about this aspect as much, it depends on the vendors trust of us.

Now, we all know and despise shilling. And that's certainly a bannable offense. Taking benefits from vendors to post postive reviews is not only against the rules, it's immoral.

But it is also immoral to threaten vendors with negative reviews if they don't do A or B. If I find out that any of our members are engaging in this type of activity I will personally do everything I can as a senior member of this forum to have that person banned. People who engage in this type of activity erode the trust that we've all worked so hard to build with these vendors. That trust makes it much easier for vendors to work with us when there are quality issues, it facilitates the use of certain payment methods, and makes the buying experience much more pleasant.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have nothing to say other than I second everything you have stated Mr C. Well said!

MC when we find 'em I'll hold 'em and you hit 'em. SS can practice her kicking skills.

Agreed. I've thought recently about the possibility of people taking advantage of my favorite vendor, due to the quality issues going around and his willingness to fix it.

I personally would be too afraid (I mean, I give them my home addy etc) to threaten negative reviews. I never even mention anything about message boards w/ my vendor. He knows I used to post on PR before I was banned but I havnt mentioned I post reviews over here. I would have to be 100% sure that I've been f'ed over before posting a negative review. I'm much less impulsive than I use to be lol. I defiantly wouldn't accuse a vendor of going "dark" or "rogue" just because they havnt responded to my email in 5 minutes. :)

Back to the serious issue, no one should be afraid to post a negative review as long as it's truthful and the intent of the review is to share your experience to help the board.

Mr. Crowley is talking about people who are trying to use reviews for their own gain. Big difference.

I ran into one of them at another forum... I posted proof, and called him out on it. He was able to slither away, then, after a time, return. The mod and the other one did NOTHING. He is still there.

He was here for awile, when I caught him telling another member how tight he and vendor X were. I called him out for for lying, then called him a few unflattering names. I don't know it he is still here...I haven't looked. He knows that I am here, though.

Asshat...

I ran into one of them at another forum... I posted proof, and called him out on it. He was able to slither away, then, after a time, return. The mod and the other one did NOTHING. He is still there.

He was here for awile, when I caught him telling another member how tight he and vendor X were. I called him out for for lying, then called him a few unflattering names. I don't know it he is still here...I haven't looked. He knows that I am here, though.

Asshat...
Feel free to PM me his name.

Again , i JUST started here but I've literally been reading EVERYTHING !! I have to say i love how the members look out for everyones best interest &i really like how most try to keep us all updated &informed whether it be good or bad. I'm very impressed &so glad i joined the community ! I just hope i can soon be as helpful as u all have been /default_smile.png

*btw, I'm female lol-i know ppl try figuring this out about each other ,thought id spare the brain farts !! /default_wink.png have a GREAT day!

Damn ppl come up with some sneaky and shady shit! What a tangled web we weave....just order, pay, receive, review. Surely it can be that simple ! Some of these scammer and manipulative people should be working counter intelligence or CIA shit, to use their evil genius for some thing other than being douchebags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a shame though. It should be enough to order, pay, receive, and review. But there's always that person out there who is trying to get something for nothing. It poisons the well for everyone. A good vendor that you feel confortable with, trust, and carries what you need, is not common.

It is a shame though. It should be enough to order, pay, receive, and review. But there's always that person out there who is trying to get something for nothing. It poisons the well for everyone. A good vendor that you feel confortable with, trust, and carries what you need, is not common.
So true, which is why many people become protective of such vendors when they've found one. They key, however, is to remain objective. It's a difficult balancing act for sure.

Okay I admit I can be a space cadet sometimes but I am also wanting to make sure I understand clearly so I don't do anything that would offend, affect other people's relationships with vendors, orders, as well as protecting my a$$ from being kicked to the curb  /default_unsure.png  /default_unsure.png  /default_unsure.png  /default_unsure.png  /default_unsure.png 

So do you mean in a nutshell, that hypothetically "I" shouldn't say to a vendor via email that I will post on www.xxxforum.com about my ordering experience with you unless you give me what I want... 

is that what you mean? I wouldn't ever do that because of two reasons....1st is because I don't want to lose my rapport/relationship with any vendor I work with and sleazy threats are just going to cause them to cease any correspondence/business with me....and 2nd whenever I post on here my experiences of ordering with whoever its not a personal attack on anyone at all...I state the facts in a brief manner just as a FYI for everyone else....right? that's what I thought we do for each other....sorry if I misinterpreted the original post. I want to make sure when I make my next post on ordering it is fair and square and not offensive or harmful to anyone. thank you all! /default_smile.png

Okay I admit I can be a space cadet sometimes but I am also wanting to make sure I understand clearly so I don't do anything that would offend, affect other people's relationships with vendors, orders, as well as protecting my a$$ from being kicked to the curb  /default_unsure.png  /default_unsure.png  /default_unsure.png  /default_unsure.png  /default_unsure.png 

So do you mean in a nutshell, that hypothetically "I" shouldn't say to a vendor via email that I will post on www.xxxforum.com about my ordering experience with you unless you give me what I want... 

is that what you mean? I wouldn't ever do that because of two reasons....1st is because I don't want to lose my rapport/relationship with any vendor I work with and sleazy threats are just going to cause them to cease any correspondence/business with me....and 2nd whenever I post on here my experiences of ordering with whoever its not a personal attack on anyone at all...I state the facts in a brief manner just as a FYI for everyone else....right? that's what I thought we do for each other....sorry if I misinterpreted the original post. I want to make sure when I make my next post on ordering it is fair and square and not offensive or harmful to anyone. thank you all! /default_smile.png
I think that's the gist of it...you seem a little prickly tho.

AFTER I received an order with exceptional delivery, I did ask a vendor if I could post a positive review on this board. They replied no problem (duh). I was hesitant about giving away a good vendor that could be overloaded, but the purpose of the community is to help each other out. I am kind of naive and too trusting at times, (stupid idea that other people think and act like I do) but I've had very few bad experiences if I do the research.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back