Most Unusual Cover Versions

ElectroNymph

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
This gets my vote: Portishead covering ABBA? Still, it was a tribute to the murdered Jo Cox, so very poignant.

3 hours ago, Hammerblow said:

I'll need to have a good think about this one but to start with 

They did. Black Holes is still my favourite album by them, though.

Not usually a cover version kind of guy, too much shite amongst the Gold! But Carter the unstoppable Sex machines cover of Pet shop Boys "Rent" is fantastic (I always described them as a sort of punky Pet shop Boys, and I'll forgive Jimbob for being Crystal Palace, COYL!!!!!) as well as "bed-sitter" by softcell , and I vaguely remember a cover of Oasis "wonderwall" by a sort of spoof artist in the 90's. Never cared for Oasis though, first Album was pretty good I suppose, but that's for another thread. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not usually a cover version kind of guy, too much shite amongst the Gold! But Carter the unstoppable Sex machines cover of Pet shop Boys "Rent" is fantastic (I always described them as a sort of punky Pet shop Boys, and I'll forgive Jimbob for being Crystal Palace, COYL!!!!!) as well as "bed-sitter" by softcell , and I vaguely remember a cover of Oasis "wonderwall" by a sort of spoof artist in the 90's. Never cared for Oasis though, first Album was pretty good I suppose, but that's for another thread. 
Haven't heard C.T.U.S.M's version of "Rent", but that Oasis cover was bizarre. I liked their first album too, but when I realised that they were one trick ponies, I stuck with musicians who try different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's this for weirdest cover..... William Shatner sings Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.  Could be the worst ever. So bad that it's good!

10 minutes ago, Hammerblow said:

This is the most beautiful version I've heard and I think it deserves to be included.x.

I like this, but can't officially like it until tomorrow. Boooo...

Can we have a "dislike " button??!?!?!???? Ideal for the attack of the acappella covers in adverts, if not used already aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggh!!!!!!!

Come on now be fair Silent Night is a hidden track on Damien's first album with some pretty raw lyric changes. He's not the sort to sell out either. And speaking of Damien I know this strictly isn't a cover but it's a tribute to the late great Cohen. I think it deserves a place :)  

Hammer,I am being fair!!!! ? ? ? Don't take offence, I really am pulling your leg, it just made me pish myself, I posted about these types of covers a while back and how much they generally disgust me on some shite advert. You can't like everything, and I'm no music snob either. 

Hammer,I am being fair!!!! ? ? ? Don't take offence, I really am pulling your leg, it just made me pish myself, I posted about these types of covers a while back and how much they generally disgust me on some shite advert. You can't like everything, and I'm no music snob either. 
I am a bit of a music snob, but adverts do my head in. Either awful music/jingles, or one used The National's "England" which I love. Stupid Apple.

I like metal cover versions of popular songs. By far my most favorite is I Prevail’s version of Taylor Swift’s Blank Space. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back