My cat

US Army Veteran

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
My cat is absolutely terrified of car rides I have him 2.5 MGs of di@zep@m and he was fine. He seems fine I don't think it did him any damage. I guess I should have asked before doing so. Is it safe to give him  2.5 of the drug any time he rides in a car? Or should I not? Advice and opinions would be appreciate family! Thanks

@US Army Veteran, that doesn't sound safe to me. You need to talk to your vet because I'm sure they'd willingly give you a more appropriate script that's for pets which will calm your kitty for a car ride. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@US Army Veteran, that doesn't sound safe to me. You need to talk to your vet because I'm sure they'd willingly give you a more appropriate script that's for pets which will calm your kitty for a car ride. 
I agree with 200 percent or more. But at this time it was either that or he completely freak the heck out I'll be taking @BellaDonna advice and trying Feliway next time he has to go for a ride.

Thanks @BellaDonna I have cats and traveling with them which I do often is a bitch. Thanks for the information I'm going to look into and buy some. Ill check on amazon but it's great information to have. 

My cat is awesome he's half bengal so he's bigger than the normal house cat. As you know from previous posts he's scared of car rides. 

I adopted him and had to sign a waiver I wouldn't declaw him. He doesnt scratch anything. Except when he wants to get into the bedrooms. If anyone in my family is in the bedrooms with door closed he will try to get in. If his attempts are not successful he will then begin to scratch at the carpet. 

Can anyone give advice on how to keep him from doing this? Other than that he's awesome! He always uses his scratch post. Never claws the furniture or anything. I understand he just wants to get into the room and be with whom ever in my family at that time. My family usually closes the door when sleeping. 

Any advice would be truly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!

I don't have any recommendations @US Army Veteran I bought a cat house for them and it helps greatly to keep them busy but every morning at 6;00 am one of my cats always still manages to open the door because hr wants to be fed. Every single morning. Argh!  I'd also want to know! Cats need their claws I'm happy you didn't declaw the cat. I'm an animal lover too! Good for you to rescue a cat! I want a pug puppy I lost my dog several years ago and I'm now at the point where I want to buy one. Loosing an animal is like loosing a family member. I still have a had time dealing with the death of my dog and it's been years but it's time to move on. Here's a picture of my cat house to keep then busy my husband put the lamps on then because he's crazy sometimes! Lol! He gets stoned and I his is what I woke up to.

View attachment 1958

I don't have any recommendations @US Army Veteran I bought a cat house for them and it helps greatly to keep them busy but every morning at 6;00 am one of my cats always still manages to open the door because hr wants to be fed. Every single morning. Argh!  I'd also want to know! Cats need their claws I'm happy you didn't declaw the cat. I'm an animal lover too! Good for you to rescue a cat! I want a pug puppy I lost my dog several years ago and I'm now at the point where I want to buy one. Loosing an animal is like loosing a family member. I still have a had time dealing with the death of my dog and it's been years but it's time to move on. Here's a picture of my cat house to keep then busy my husband put the lamps on then because he's crazy sometimes! Lol! He gets stoned and I his is what I woke up to.

View attachment 1958
Yes I need to spend the money on a car house all I have for him is something for him to climb up on that has different levels and goes all the way to the ceiling. He usually goes to the second level and chills but I think cat houses would be much better. 

@Heavenlee what kind of cat box do you use? I only have one. Would you recommend a certain kind. I've seen those self cleaning ones.

My cat is awesome he's half bengal so he's bigger than the normal house cat. As you know from previous posts he's scared of car rides. 

I adopted him and had to sign a waiver I wouldn't declaw him. He doesnt scratch anything. Except when he wants to get into the bedrooms. If anyone in my family is in the bedrooms with door closed he will try to get in. If his attempts are not successful he will then begin to scratch at the carpet. 

Can anyone give advice on how to keep him from doing this? Other than that he's awesome! He always uses his scratch post. Never claws the furniture or anything. I understand he just wants to get into the room and be with whom ever in my family at that time. My family usually closes the door when sleeping. 

Any advice would be truly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!
Hi @US Army Veteran I'd clear the valium use with your vet if possible, as has been said. But I give my dog 1/2 a benadryl sometimes and it makes him very relaxed. Not sure what the cat dose would be, but it seems like Benadryl is used often for cats and dogs. One of my cats always goes #2 and vomits, every.single.time we go in the car (she's in a kennel big enough for a dog, to give her room, in hopes that she won't get yuck all over herself), because she gets car sick. However, I finally realized that I can put a sheet over the kennel so she can't see outside, and it cuts down dramatically on car sickness.

Maybe it would work the same for fear of car-riding? If they can't see whats  going on,  it's less bothersome it seems. My vet put one of our cats on 10mg Prozac right now because she's anxious and attacks the other cat. It's working. If the vet is too costly, you can get a care credit card. it works even if your credit isn't great (i say that because mine isn't great) and works at Banfield pet hospital, which is part of pet smart. 

Also, for scratching and meowing at the door, one method is using a water bottle and squirting them with it when they do that. It requires that you get up out of bed and go squirt them. But i used it for my cats and dog, and i swear....they act like it's friggin' hot acid and can melt their skin! Like i'm spraying them with hot acid. and its lukewarm tap water, lol. I eventually had to find a place for my cat to "go nite-nite" and it's a room (it could be anything - a laundry room, the bathroom, extra bedroom ...anywhere that is far away enough that you can't hear the meowing, which will happen in the early morning hours for a while until kitty gets used to the set up) with a cat bed, favorite blanket. And around the same time every night, when we go to bed the kitty also goes to bed. This routine suits mine very well. 

@Heavenlee that's an awesome set up you have. I like the plastic bag added in there for kitties to lick on haha. 

PS Bengal kitties are very special, beautiful and fun. That's a good cat to have, I think. Entertaining, too. The one I used to know was always active and playful. Declawing is awful, horrible. I have one cat who was declawed without my knowledge, while temporarily living at my moms like 10 years ago. It makes her unable to get around good at all, she can't jump up high, can't grip, is always falling off of stuff. Also it makes her a target for other cats with claws, and makes her very, very fearful because she has no method of defense. If she ever got out, she wouldn't make it very long outside at all. It is surprising how much the kitties use their claws for everyday living, and you don't realize how much it handicaps them....The only thing that has worked for scratching in my experience is putting out a ton of scratchers and blocking things they like to scratch (but shouldn't be scratching) with special tape, or the spray that repels them. Also i have things like an electric mat that I put on the bed - it emits a slight "buzz" when touched (it's not inhumane, i've accidentally 'shocked' myself about 3 million times. but it is aversive and keeps them off the couch during the day). But with the scratching things, what really helps on scratching posts for me, is fresh cat nip.

Anyways i could talk about pets all day. I watch Jackson galaxy on animal planet and am probably too worried about our pets all the time:) 

Few years ago the wife and I had a black cat named Winston. Winston absolutely loved going on trips around town, but his favorite place  to go was going through one of Dairy Queen stores where when we pulled up to the drive through window he would get up in the drivers window and the girls there would ALWAYS, and I DO mean ALWAYS have a little cup with a little vanilla ice cream in it and he would close his little eyes and just lick and lick that ice cream till it was all gone. Then, when he was finished with his little dish of ice cream, he would give us a little purr then off he would go, back to the back seat and there he would stay until we got home. When we got back home, I would open his back door and he would jump out and head for the door and wait there for us to come open the door so he could “tell the others all about his trip”. We love you Winston, we know you have a spot ready for us when we get back together with you and your brothers and sisters at the Rainbow Bridge. Sorry if this made anyone cry, does me every time I think of him.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back