My stats (the first question everyone asks) :-)

Zottman

Hi all,

First, let me give you my stats so that you can better help me out if you feel like it.  I'm 27 years old, 5'11" tall, currently weigh in at 188 pounds.  Neck 18.5", Chest 47", Arms (full circumference, biceps and triceps) just shy of 18", Waist 34", Thighs 20", calves 18".

I eat five meals and drink two protein shakes a day, I pre-prepare or buy my food on Sunday and put my meals in tupperware containers in the 'fridge.  Here's my normal eating schedule:

1. Steel cut oats with cranberries or raisins at 5:15 AM

2. 6 egg whites and three yolks, half a pack of Hormel Turkey Bacon, and 12oz whole milk after training (about 6:30 AM)

3. 50g Dymatize Elite 100% whey protein shake

3. Half of a Rotisserie chicken (without  the skin) at 10:30AM

4: 6oz salmon fillet with half a can of Del Monte green beans at 3:00PM

5. The other half of the Rotisserie chicken without the skin, 2 cups iceberg lettuce with Makoto ginger dressing and a quarter of a tomato at  7:00PM

Right before bed I drink a 20g Dymatize Casein protein shake made with water

The meals aren't the same every day, I use a lot of fish, chicken, turkey, and even omelettes I can heat up in the microwave, but I try to limit red meat to my "cheat" meal on Sunday, a big hamburger.  What I'm trying to do is time the high carb meals for when I need them (pre-training  and in the afternoon when I feel sleepy), and keep a constant flow of protein incoming all day, with one big burst of fast acting whey post workout with some oatmeal in it to help shuttle the protein to the muscle.

I'm a volume trainer, not because I think that's the best training method there is, but because I've tried them all - HIT, Animalobolics, German 5x5, hell even the Gold's Gym "Mass Gaining Guide", and they all work better than others for me in one way or another...HIT blows up my neck, shoulders, traps, and triceps, but not much else, Animalobolics, well I don't want to say anything bad about Animal, the guy is a freaking genius, but his training method doesn't result in much weight gain for me, 5x5's work great, but I'm always pulling tendons  or tearing muscles while I use it, especially if I'm on the sauce, and  the Gold's "Mass Gaining Guide" is nothing but a collection of various pro bodybuilder's workout routines.

I hooked up with a new training partner about 3 and a half years ago, the guy I had been working with just wasn't consistent, he'd miss two days a week,  and even when he showed up, he didn't really apply any intensity or focus on building that mind / muscle connection while doing sets, and this new guy, Dave, had just moved to town from Illinois, and looked great.  Lean, proportionate, vascular, and strong, and another bonus was he was going to the same night / weekend college classes out in Ballwin that I was.

So he explained his method of volume training to me, it was more or less the same thing Ken Waller, Mike Katz, Franco, and Arnold were doing way back in the day, 16-20 sets for large muscle groups,  8-12 sets for smaller muscle groups, and trying to add some weight to the bar, even if it was only 2.5 pounds per side for each next set.  We'd work legs first, on Monday, because nobody wants to do legs by Thursday, starting with a warmup set, then four hard sets of squats, the only rest you got was while your partner was doing his sets, then a warmup, then four hard sets of incline leg presses, then a warmup, then 4 hard sets of stiff-legged deadlifts, then a warmup, then 4 sets of  dumbbell lunges, one set was down the center aisle of machines and back, then finally a warmup,  and finish off with four drop sets of lying hamstring curls.  We'd rest for about 5 minutes while we drank our protein shakes, then hit the calves with 4 sets of three different exercises, calf raises in the squat rack using a board under the front of the feet, seated calf raises, and finish with calf extensions on the incline leg press machine, four sets to failure.

The next day I could barely get out of bed, but he came and got me at 5:30AM, it was back / biceps day.  Again, 4 sets of 4 different heavy exercises that hit the upper, lower, and middle back, then 4 sets of three different exercises for the already exhausted biceps.

Wednesday was an off day, thank God.

Thursday  we did pecs, traps, and triceps,  same principle, 4 hard sets of 4 different exercises for the pecs, 4 sets of 3 different exercises for triceps, then "run the row" of dumbbells for shrugs, starting with the heaviest pair and going to exhaustion, then doing the same until we reached lightest pair.

Friday was relatively easy, on purpose, you were so sore that any lift would have been difficult.  So we'd do 4 hard sets of four different exercises for the deltoids, to make sure all three heads of the muscle got the same amount of work, then finish up with 3 sets each of three different exercised for the neck.  Then we'd shower, dress, and hit up a nearby steakhouse for a 16oz T-bone, a sweet potato, a pile of garlic roasted spinach, and some beers, and head our separate ways until Monday morning.

Dave moved to Arkansas a couple of months ago, but I was, and am, a volume trainer for life.  I don't think the training system is for everyone, some people get awesome results with HIT (look at Dorian), and some with other methods, but in those two years I gained 28 pounds and lost two inches on my waist.

Dave also introduced me to Sust@non, Dec@, Db@l, Fin@ kits, Methyltest@ster@ne, and An@var.  I typically do three cycles a year (two in the off season and a completely different one 8 weeks out from a show), but we can talk about those later, my fingers are tired -_-

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back