New And Curious

Itchy

Hello Everyone,

I'm new and looking to build a reputation to help others. I am trying to be cautious and tred lightly as I'm sure its a common noob mistake to just start asking. I have seen several comments on the "no-no's" of PMing and am scared to ask as they might just report me to a mod and I want to follow the rules. I want to talk to some of the more experienced users of the forum in private as I have questions. If someone would volunteer that would be great as I don't want to be that guy going knocking door to door. I'm checking the site pretty regularly so please hit me up.

Thanks everyone!!

Hello Everyone,

I'm new and looking to build a reputation to help others. I am trying to be cautious and tred lightly as I'm sure its a common noob mistake to just start asking. I have seen several comments on the "no-no's" of PMing and am scared to ask as they might just report me to a mod and I want to follow the rules. I want to talk to some of the more experienced users of the forum in private as I have questions. If someone would volunteer that would be great as I don't want to be that guy going knocking door to door. I'm checking the site pretty regularly so please hit me up.

Thanks everyone!!
Really? You acknowledge that you've read the posts that discourage breaking the rules by soliciting for PMs... and then do the exact same thing? The 20 posts before PMs rule is in place for a reason.

Your post will be left up as an example, but from now on, ANY posts requesting for a PM made by ANY member with under 20 posts, will be deleted by yours truly. "I'm checking the site pretty regularly" myself and any further deviation from the rules will be dealt with swiftly.

Hi ChefTell,

Thanks for your response. I'm reading more and more. Thanks for the info.

Hello Mr. Heisenburg

Thank you for your response as well. And this is why I was scared to ask.... I understand WHY the rules are here. And I truly am not trying to even bend them. Me soliciting a PM was ignorant on my part as I don't have those rights yet anyway (lol, oops) but even if I had, I was merely wanting to talk to someone experienced in private as to not broadcast it to the whole world. Not looking for sources. Not looking to SCAM. Just looking for guidance and acquaintances without broadcasting it to the whole world. Gotta meet people somehow, right. 

Just so it is in this forum for someone who may be reading this later. Do you mind explaining which rule I broke?

Thanks Again! and please work with me and be patient.

ADDENDUM 1

I wanted to quote this from another thread as it was relevant and may help others.

Quoted from Jewbacca, a well known member in the community.

"we have a minimum post rule to access and use the PM system for a reason. To be perfectly honest, it infuriates me no end to see posts like this offering up the "I know you have a rule, BUT gee, I really wanted to know something" excuse. If you were to be pulled over for exceeding the speed limit, would you tell the officer that you knew you were breaking the law, but just want to get where you were going much faster? And if you did, do you think they would accept that as a reasonable explanation and let you go without citing you? I'm so sorry that our rules and policies inconvenience you, but please don't let me see this sort of PM solicitation email again. Surely you can find a way to contribute 20 posts of some sort of value, and then you're free to PM to your heart's content.

Good Day....."

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so it is in this forum for someone who may be reading this later. Do you mind explaining which rule I broke?

Me soliciting a PM was ignorant on my part as I don't have those rights yet anyway (lol, oops) but even if I had, I was merely wanting to talk to someone experienced in private
Looks like you already answered your own question.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah looks like it.

read the forums one night for a few hours then you'l hav an idea hw this community works and hw trustful most of us are.
need i say more?

I don't feel like you have quoted the proper answer for the forums benefit. Sort of biting my tounge on that one.

The answer is: don't solicit PMs in order to get around the 20 post limit as Jewbacca stated in another post.

In the beginning of my post I didn't even know I could not PM. I thought I could PM away. Therefore I did not know I was going around this rule. You said I acknowledged that I've read the posts that discourage breaking the rules by soliciting for PMs. I did not acknowledge this. I acknowledged the rules that state no illegal discussion in PM form. Which I did not intend on having.

To extend on Jewbacca's analogy if I was out past some local ordinance curfew in an unfamiliar place and I didn't know there was a curfew, I'd still be at fault. 

I understand that this is a sensitive issue that I have walk into considering another post earlier today and enough mods have expressed this. May I suggest actually adding a clause to the rules that expresses this in the rules section? I was trying to get someone to realize this when I asked the "which rule" question. Rules don't even mention 20 post limits. You have do go down into suggestions to find.

To extend on Jewbacca's analogy if I was out past some local ordinance curfew in an unfamiliar place and I didn't know there was a curfew, I'd still be at fault.

I understand that this is a sensitive issue that I have walk into considering another post earlier today and enough mods have expressed this. May I suggest actually adding a clause to the rules that expresses this in the rules section? I was trying to get someone to realize this when I asked the "which rule" question. Rules don't even mention 20 post limits. You have do go down into suggestions to find.
That's a fair point, and one that I'd be glad to address with admin in terms of amending the rules. The PM 20 post minimum is a somewhat recent policy addition, so it apparently slipped through the cracks where updating the rules is concerned.

It seems as though you have a good understanding of our point of view on this issue, so consider the matter closed. Your accepting accountability is appreciated, and that's good enough for me, so no worries. All is well.

In the beginning of my post I didn't even know I could not PM. I thought I could PM away. Therefore I did not know I was going around this rule. You said I acknowledged that I've read the posts that discourage breaking the rules by soliciting for PMs. I did not acknowledge this. I acknowledged the rules that state no illegal discussion in PM form. Which I did not intend on having.
I apologize for my misinterpretation of your first post. When I read, "I have seen several comments on the "no-no's" of PMing", I assumed that was about the new restriction put in place, and that you were blatantly asking for one anyways. That's how I read it.

And yes, I am a bit on edge today regarding certain posts/members of the board. Again, I apologize for mis-reading your post. I also was not aware that this new restriction, and policies about attempting to get around it, had not been updated to the forum rules.

Thanks Guys, No hard feelings. Just wanted to make sure it was clear for "the next guy"  /default_biggrin.png

It's real easy...just read...you will find the answers that you seek. Everyone is here to help, however what you need to understand is that every other day we get posts just like yours. "Where, What and how much."? All these can be answered without 1 single PM. We are not upset with you personally. We are frustrated with the repeated non contributors that are seeking only to satisfy their needs as fast as possible without any effort on their part. You seem reasonably intelligent....at least at first glance. So with that said...and I mean this with all sincerity...

FUCKING READ...and then do it again.

end transmission.

Be careful when u say "just like mine asking where and how much". I did no such thing nor would I. Not that naive. Just sayin bro.

I get it. I am the "unknown" entity that only time will tell if he is legit. Not worrried about it. I am who I am and if I pick up some new friends along the way so be it. Not looking for anything from anybody at the moment. But there is nothing I can say to convince anyone so why try. I am here right? All I can do is remain humble and contribute where the I can and hope I don't get beat down too much for my oinions.

I can only imagen the idiots that create an account an immediately desperately go poking around. I can imagen it was even more entertaining before the recently discovered 20 post rule. But, the name of the game is going to stay the same and you can't fix "stupid" so what do you do. Trust me I've tried, can't fix it..

In one way I'm glad I stirred the pot today and got everyones attention as it has enabled me to start a thread with active members. Glad to be here. Thanks again.

hooter1 said:
WHAT?

Not true, you were plainly asking members to PM you, if this was not looking for something then it must have been simply a friendly hello, let's get to know each other?

For now brother, for now. Using your own words , be careful when you say ......................

Please set your standards higher, and please do NOT piss in the soup. This is NOT a case in which "even bad press is good press"

EZ maing
"Please do NOT piss in the soup". LOL

No one makes a point quite like my brother Hooter. Love it!

I guess by technicality it was looking for something. Fail...

Standards. Again I am here.

Be careful
Again...I would encourage you to read before you post...had you done so you would have known that to instruct me to be careful is not just pissing in the soup, it's pissing in the wind.

No one is accusing you of anything other then "coming off" as the guy who has not spent adequate time reading before you post. Clearly you have saddled yourself with this reputation and it's been what 24-36 hours since you joined and 12 posts?  All is not lost....we are not the type to hold grudges. Time will tell if you have something to offer our little community and if so...wonderful. If not? No biggie...we will just through your corpse on the pile with the others that simply could not remove their heads from their arse.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back