New Orleans, French Quarter

Mac65

If you love antiques, southern cooking, cajun cuisine, French anything I can go on and on about this place. Spent a few days here and didn't want to leave, everything there was built in the 1700's-1800's. Had a blast!

Not just the French Quarter but the city of New Orleans is my favorite vacation city. We love traveling all over the country but Nola is a place where I can return again and again. Even honeymooned there at the Windsor Court Hotel. You sure got my attention with this title!

Reactions: MJB
Well I can see you have class! Lol! I went there several years ago with a girlfriend and my son, we stayed in a nice hotel, could've been the same I don't remember, but yes we had a lot of fun, went on most of the tours. At night, everyone comes out and if you don't have a blast then somethings wrong with you lol!

We went to NYC about a year later but it couldn't hold a candle to New Orleans!

Not just the French Quarter but the city of New Orleans is my favorite vacation city. We love traveling all over the country but Nola is a place where I can return again and again. Even honeymooned there at the Windsor Court Hotel. You sure got my attention with this title!
Lived there for 3 years in the French quarters, right on Decatur and worked at Bubba Gump shrimp company in he 400 block. Walked to work everyday. Passed cafe du monde every morning, sometimes stopping in for cafe au laite and beignets. Passed about 200 bars on my way home which is why I don't live there anymore.lol  Loved the city, huge saints fan, fleur de lis tatted on my back.

Everthing about that town and and state I love. Unfortunately my job took my elsewhere but I will always be true to my roots and culture. Best part is the relaxed feel, music, and food. Can't find poboys anywhere else in he world that compare to liedenhiemer bread they use. 

You need to go to Stanley's in Jackson square the next time you're in town  best brunch in the city hands down and I'm an expert at brunch!

Thanks @2earls for taking me back! 

That sounds like my dream existence. To walk past Jackson square every morning; it doesn't get any more NO than that. Every block of the quarter is dripping with character and if I was ever to be a believer in ghosts, I'm sure that is where to find them.

Was lucky enough to get to a Saints game both trips. Who dat?

It's funny, but before I ever went I knew I was going to love it and it surpassed all expectations. I would say "how could you leave?", but I am not in my hometown of San Francisco though I miss it, it wasn't meant to be. 

If you have never been to SF, I think it has a lot in common with NOLA, especially when you get off the beaten tourist paths. It's hard to get a bad meal in either city and SF has its own memorable bread.

Brunch at Stanleys. Note to self. Just got a tourist guide from New Iberia so I am definitely thinking about another trip.

Reactions: MJB
That sounds like my dream existence. To walk past Jackson square every morning; it doesn't get any more NO than that. Every block of the quarter is dripping with character and if I was ever to be a believer in ghosts, I'm sure that is where to find them.

Was lucky enough to get to a Saints game both trips. Who dat?

It's funny, but before I ever went I knew I was going to love it and it surpassed all expectations. I would say "how could you leave?", but I am not in my hometown of San Francisco though I miss it, it wasn't meant to be. 

If you have never been to SF, I think it has a lot in common with NOLA, especially when you get off the beaten tourist paths. It's hard to get a bad meal in either city and SF has its own memorable bread.

Brunch at Stanleys. Note to self. Just got a tourist guide from New Iberia so I am definitely thinking about another trip.
That's what's up brother!  I hope you can experience Stanley's on your next trip!  My wife and I board a plane Sunday 6:25 am to San Francisco and then to Napa with my folks and brother and sister in law. Then to Seattle to end the trip!  Needing a little advice if you could offer?.... trying to sneak a few OC's with me so I'll be safe. Rolled some up in clothes of a checked bag.  How likely do you think I'll be successful?  The other way is toiletry bag with other sinus meds. Sorry to get off topic but my flight is coming up soon and I haven't had the time to check out other forums on this topic. My apologies to all!

on another note who dat nation is what's up!  Love me some brees!  I was there when they won the super bowl, living in the city, and saw the parade go right past my place of work. 

I was cooking there that night  it was stupid!

@MJB I always take my meds in pill bottles. Preferably ones that are current legitimate prescriptions. If you don't have any for the particular med, mix it in underneath pills that are similar size and shape. I have never known them to open and pour out the whole bottle of pills. I take my toiletries bag as one of my carry ons and so far I have never had any issues.

I don't trust those drug sniffing dogs to not find something in my regular luggage so I don't know about the pants idea.

I'm sure you are going to have a fabulous trip. Napa is pretty and of course if you enjoy wine tasting, it doesn't get any better. The weather in SF this time of year is unpredictable so be prepared for cold.

How long are you going to be in SF?

@US Army Veteran Now I am jealous of you as well. 

And @MJB I'm a sister not a brother FYI  ;)

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back