Newer Laptop With Win 8.1

peanut

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Hey Guys/Gals,

I purchased a new Dell laptop a few weeks ago and it has Windows 8.1. I am used to Win 7, and am not a huge fan of this. I figured out how to get off of the annoying Start page (who wants tiles on a laptop, that has a keyboard and is not a touchscreen? Eh IDK maybe I'm just old who knows. Anyways I am looking for the following:

Tips

Hints

Tricks

Ways to remove all of the bloatware safely (got rid of some of it myself)

A way to get more of a Win 7 experience.

Thats all I can think of for now. Its a Dell Inspirion 15 or 1S hard to read.

Thanks All

I have a 17" Toshiba that was loaded with 8.0 then the damn computer loaded 8.1. That sucks too especially trying to find that start/shutdown button that used to be on the bottom left hand corner

Sorry I can't really help, don't know much about laptops but if you have any questions about lap dances give me a ring. My lap has seen more ass than a bicycle seat.

Hey Guys/Gals,

I purchased a new Dell laptop a few weeks ago and it has Windows 8.1. I am used to Win 7, and am not a huge fan of this. I figured out how to get off of the annoying Start page (who wants tiles on a laptop, that has a keyboard and is not a touchscreen? Eh IDK maybe I'm just old who knows. Anyways I am looking for the following:
Tips
Hints
Tricks
Ways to remove all of the bloatware safely (got rid of some of it myself)
A way to get more of a Win 7 experience.
Thats all I can think of for now. Its a Dell Inspirion 15 or 1S hard to read.

Thanks All
I hate Win 8.1!

I have it on my laptop as well.

There is a short cut that will take you directly from the tile screen to the "normal" windows home screen. (I don't have it on right down so I'm going from memory.) The this:

Alt + r
Or
Control + r

I do it every time I sign on and it is like dialing numbers from memory. Lol. I will double check this shortcut the next time I turn it on but I'm 99% sure it is on of the two above combinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right click the start button (lower left) and you should see shutdown/reboot /default_smile.png 

Personally I can't wait till Win 10 is released. The more familiar desktop will return and make my life much easier. In the mean time, some people may find this useful if you are not used to navigating Windows 8.1.  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d8ac5cf6-461a-470a-af03-5992e2e804ac/activate-god-mode-in-windows-8?forum=w8itprogeneral
Desktop is still there.  Just the start menu became a full screen start menu,  nothing really different but I can't wait for windows 10 either.  I can understand the "hate" of Start screen.   I love Windows 8 and will not go back to 7.   I am much more productive on 8.

BTW if you must have start menu on 8,  classic shell is only way to go.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back