Norway

Mac65

I lived here as a boy and besides being very beautiful, the people are very kind.

No replies to this wonderful thread!?! Thank you mac65. We love to be showered with compliments. In fact it's required in order to sustain our over-inflated egos ;p

Seriously tho and in all modesty i do think we have a beautiful country. When it comes to kind we have both kinds here as well as anywhere else in the world. I can say tho that in Norway politeness is almost a religion

Lol @Jellopanda no shame in your game!

Good manners are something to be proud of. I wish I could make the claim for my country but it's forgotten more all the time.

No replies to this wonderful thread!?! Thank you mac65. We love to be showered with compliments. In fact it's required in order to sustain our over-inflated egos ;p

Seriously tho and in all modesty i do think we have a beautiful country. When it comes to kind we have both kinds here as well as anywhere else in the world. I can say tho that in Norway politeness is almost a religion
I've visited many times @Jellopanda, as I said, my friend is in Kristiansand and I have been further West also to Stavanger. My grandfather was also serving on HMS Glasgow for the Molde evacuation of King Haakon and the Norsk gold during the war, as you know Norge held out longer than France! During my time in the Royal Navy I passed the western fjords many times. I believe we left a German battleship or two at the bottom of a few in my grandfathers time also! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've visited many times @Jellopanda, as I said, my friend is in Kristiansand and I have been further West also to Stavanger. My grandfather was also serving on HMS Glasgow for the Molde evacuation of King Haakon and the Norsk gold during the war, as you know Norge held out longer than France! During my time in the Royal Navy I passed the western fjords many times. I believe we left a German battleship or two at the bottom of a few in my grandfathers time also!

When the germans attacked on the 9. of june our woefully unprepared norwegian military actually managed to sink the pride of the german fleet, the battleship Blücher. And yeah, we held out for 2 months against the germans, while the french held out for 6 weeks if memory serves me, but then the french have a long and proud history of capitulating or running away ;p The british fought long and hard to try to wrest the norwegian coastline away from the germans. I believe there is still a lot of goodwill between our two nations partly because of those days.

Edit: really need that sapphire sponsor thing to come through now. trying to like your posts, but i'm all out :P

When the germans attacked on the 9. of june our woefully unprepared norwegian military actually managed to sink the pride of the german fleet, the battleship Blücher. And yeah, we held out for 2 months against the germans, while the french held out for 6 weeks if memory serves me, but then the french have a long and proud history of capitulating or running away ;p The british fought long and hard to try to wrest the norwegian coastline away from the germans. I believe there is still a lot of goodwill between our two nations partly because of those days.

Edit: really need that sapphire sponsor thing to come through now. trying to like your posts, but i'm all out :P
Yes, the city of Oslo sends the UK a Christmas tree every year in thanks of that time! God jul! That's your sapphire sponsor through now @Jellopanda! 

So this is where i live.

As i understand it this forum is supposed to be somewhat anonymous, and not quite sure how strict that is, but i removed the names of the pictures and not saying where it is, to be on the safe side. I guess i can say that it's a small group of islands with very few people. Perfect for someone with depression and anxiety.

Not all the pictures were taken by me, but that's my sister on a bike in one of them.

And i think it was Dippitydoo who mentioned somewhere, really long tunnels all over Norway. We have one here as well. Over two miles long and underwater. Less than a thousand people live on the island it connects to.

View attachment 1511

View attachment 1512

View attachment 1513

View attachment 1514

View attachment 1515

View attachment 1516

Quote from another thread:

On the whole i feel norway's health-system is very good. About the weather, it's quite warm for like 6 months of the year, Only really cold in december, january and february. Norwegian summers are amazing most years. For my own part tho i must be a real viking as i dislike really warm weather and have no problem with cold
ah ok. ive never been, just assumed it to be mentally cold over there hah dunno why. maybe the cos the image i have of it is snow an big viking like dudes everywhere in clothes made from animals theyve hunted  ;)  na im only playing. but i did think it was a really cold place... i kep meaning to go to kopenhagen with some mates that go an do spoken word/ poetry'ish (kinda rap tournaments) regularly so i have no excuse. a place called christiana i think. they say its like the free zone. not policed but self policed how true is that? also apparantly they the police are trying to take it back or something as one of the residents shot a policeman..? i didnt catch the full story my friend was telling me.
Most non-norwegians think it's really cold, in large part to those images of fur-clad vikings you mentioned. But it depends on a lot of things; what you consider cold, what time of year it is or what part of Norway we're talking about.

I'm from the southern part of Norway where we rarely have more than a month of snow most years. Temperatures can hit from -15 degrees Celsius/5 degrees Fahrenheit to -20 degrees Celsius/ -4 degrees Fahrenheit on some days in the coldest months (i can to Celsius Fahrenheit conversions in my head :P  it's not really that hard tho:). During June/July/August it's an average about 21C/70F during daytime, with highs being 30C/86F on the hottest days (only have maybe 4-5 of those days every summer, and it's way too hot for me tbh), and it's sunny most of the time (most summers anyway).

In the Northern part of Norway it's another story tho. It gets progressively colder further north, further inland and higher in altitude. It gets way colder both in summer and winter, tho summers can be very pleasant there as well. In the northernmost parts of Norway, where people actually live, it's not unheard of that temperatures hit -50C/-58F on the coldest days of winter.

This may have been way more information than you were looking for, but i like writing about norway, so there you have it :)

PS. Never been to Christiania myself, but all my friends who've been there says it's amazing.

So this is where i live.

As i understand it this forum is supposed to be somewhat anonymous, and not quite sure how strict that is, but i removed the names of the pictures and not saying where it is, to be on the safe side. I guess i can say that it's a small group of islands with very few people. Perfect for someone with depression and anxiety.

Not all the pictures were taken by me, but that's my sister on a bike in one of them.

And i think it was Dippitydoo who mentioned somewhere, really long tunnels all over Norway. We have one here as well. Over two miles long and underwater. Less than a thousand people live on the island it connects to.

View attachment 1511

View attachment 1512

View attachment 1513

View attachment 1514

View attachment 1515

View attachment 1516
so so jealous of u mate, i would do anything to wake up to this an have docs that are loose on benz ;)  looool

I have always wanted to visit Scandinavia generally. I even had a place to study Scandinavian Studies at University College London. Couldn't make it because of my alcohol issues. It's a big regret, but we have to look to the future, apparently!

It does look beautiful. A tour of Scandinavia and a trip to Tokyo are my ambitions for the future. :)

I have always wanted to visit Scandinavia generally. I even had a place to study Scandinavian Studies at University College London. Couldn't make it because of my alcohol issues. It's a big regret, but we have to look to the future, apparently!

It does look beautiful. A tour of Scandinavia and a trip to Tokyo are my ambitions for the future. :)
HAH! Tokyo and really Japan in general is nr 1 on places i want to visit :D  I'm a 100% certified japanophile. I even speak some Japanese and can read and write a little too :)

HAH! Tokyo and really Japan in general is nr 1 on places i want to visit :D  I'm a 100% certified japanophile. I even speak some Japanese and can read and write a little too :)
That's impressive. :) I have always wanted to learn Japanese, apparently a lot easier than Chinese!

It's my no.1 place to visit too, along with Scandinavia, and the ancient sites of Athens and Rome.

I've tried a little mandarin unfortunately I struggle with French and Spanish,o suppose I just don't have the patience?.

Peace 

Bliss..   

Another thing is there does seem to be some not only beautiful but very kind and sincerely nice woman in that part of the world.Whenever I've been to various places on vacations and met women from that area of the world they are very friendly and not atol full of themselves like some women from other countries.The women don't seem to be full of themselves and ive only met nice women from that part of the world who are happy to chat away and genuinely interested in each other's life's. ...

Peace 

Bliss.....

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back