November 26, 2008

crump vignola

This happened almost 12 years ago but if I start thinking about it I still will cry.

I think writing about it helps a little bit; I don’t know.

I was living alone in 2008 and about a week before Thanksgiving my beloved cat suddenly started to have walking/balancing problems.  Examples: she was walking towards me on the edge of the couch like she’d done a thousand times before and the poor thing fell off on to her side to the floor.  I was horrified.  She slept with me every night and one night she fell off the bed.  Again, I was horrified and so scared.  She stopped eating.  She stopped walking.  She just kind of sat in that “meatloaf” position and constantly meowed.  I took her to this shitty vet and they basically did nothing for her.

They took a blood test and said she had some fluid in her lungs and she might have lymphoma but to be sure they would have to do an exploratory surgery.  She was a 14 year old cat and I did not want to put her through a surgery.  I took her home and brought her to a different emergency vet and they told me it would be 2000.00 dollars if I left her there so they could examine her.  I did not have that money nor did I have anyone to call and ask for help.  I took her home and she just did the “meatloaf” thing and constantly meowed and the day before Thanksgiving I made the decision to put her down.  She was obviously suffering and I wanted to end her suffering.  When I picked her up to take her she was like a limp dishrag.

I felt completely helpless and did not know what to do really.  Putting her down was the hardest decision I’ve ever made. 

So I took her to that shitty vet (it was the closest one- I lived kind of in the country and it was a country vet) and I was with her the whole time.  It was awful.  They couldn’t find a vein so they were poking her like 4 or 5 times before they found one then I watched as she drew her last breath.  I would have fallen to the floor if the vet hadn’t been there to help me stand.

To this day I feel in some ways I failed her.  I never knew exactly what was wrong with her.  It may have been something that could have been treated.  

Later that night I was outside my house walking on the concrete with only my socks and there was a wasp that had fallen and couldn’t fly so it was just hanging out on the concrete and had been there for a few days.  Well I ended up stepping on it and I thought to myself that is my cat getting me back for taking her to that shit vet. 

Thanks for anyone who reads this.  😊

@crump vignola you didnt fail your cat, she was lucky to have had your time at home before she passed instead of some facility doing testd that she wouldnt have been able for.

Yoh trusted your gut feeling  she was 14 as you said, must have lived a terrific life and you  her protector decided to let her die with dignity. I can only imagine how tough this decision must have been for you but i think she is grateful for making that choice. 

Its just unfortunate that the vet had trouble finding a vein though. Dont doubt what you did. You did a very brave thing and are a good person.

You said it happened it happened about 12 years ago, did you do anything to commemerate her life? If not letting off a chinese lanternbmay give you peace or naming a star after her so shes looking after you now. I am so sorry for your loss

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back