Nucynta - Tapentadol

• Thread starter Thread starter rocketman
  • Start date Start date
R

rocketman

I am generally curious to know what folks think about this relatively new synthetic opioid.  It is a CII in the US and billed as a stronger version of tramadol.  Personally, my feeling is that it is very good - stronger indeed than trammies - slightly odd feel to it - I still prefer rock climbing but when you factor in cost, tapentadol is a good gap-filler and a pretty effective pain reliever.  Interested to hear what others think. 

I would seriously like to hear some information about this stuff too as my body just will not take him at all anymore I have pretty much maxed out my Tramadol usage and I'm going back to moderate to severe pain I can barely walk

Hey a reply - thought it would never happen.  haha

My experience has been that it is kind of a weird drug given the SNRI activity in addition to the opioid activity.  Can definitely boost mood but had some strange effects on me - really weird dreams, very mild hallucinations while awake (not seeing things per se but a lot of creepy deja vu - and very intense).  Definitely very similar to but quite a bit stronger than tramadol.  Felt very shaky also in the mornings after taking it the day before.  Almost like a slight tremor.  Completely messed with my stomach as well but not the same way that traditional opioids do - not constipating like them but my stomach just hurt and felt uncomfortable/gassy etc.  This was particularly the case if I mixed them with percs or something.  It is, despite all of those side effects (all of which would characterize as mild to moderate - not severe), it is a fairly effective painkiller.  Much more so than tramadol.

I hope I'm not to late finding your post and answering your question. My surgeon always gives me Nyucenta prior to surgeries. It's supposed to be less addictive than oxycodone and the like, but just as effective. I personally like it if you can get 100mg dose. It makes me very sleepy at first and will sometimes give me a headache for an hour. It does give me a different euphoria than Oxys but I like it just as much. Never hallucinated or had weird dreams either. Very effective for my pain also. I hope this helps and I'll try to answer any other questions you may have. 

I abused this drug and used it to completely escape. I have extremely dark memories of it and I will never use it again. With oxy, I can function while on it. With Nucynta, I have what I call brain zaps. It's hard to talk, it's hard to concentrate ... I start hearing things and then have random conversations that trail off into different subjects. I ended up taking them every day and my tolerance rose quickly. I finally took 4 (100 mlgs each), and then was stupid enough to get behind the wheel. I remember nodding off several times, thinking "I just need to get home where I'm safe" ... then next thing I remember, I was awakened by my airbags deploying when I crashed into a tree. Thank God I was okay, and I didn't hurt anyone else. I fell asleep coming down a big hill, crossed into oncoming traffic, over a curb, and into a tree. I totaled my car, but I'm so thankful that the damage wasn't worse. It was such a nightmare, and was very traumatizing. Although I sort of needed it as a wake up call to stop taking those awful pills. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have the will power to flush the rest of my stash down the toilet ... I took them, but I never ordered any more and plan to keep that promise to myself. It's been 3 months. I am a bit disappointed with myself that I just placed my first order since then - but I bought oxy, where I know my tolerance level and it isn't such a crazy trip. 

Sorry for the long rant ... Just be careful with that stuff. I would imagine I lost a LOT of brain cells during the 1.5 years I abused it. 

I hope I'm not to late finding your post and answering your question. My surgeon always gives me Nyucenta prior to surgeries. It's supposed to be less addictive than oxycodone and the like, but just as effective. I personally like it if you can get 100mg dose. It makes me very sleepy at first and will sometimes give me a headache for an hour. It does give me a different euphoria than Oxys but I like it just as much. Never hallucinated or had weird dreams either. Very effective for my pain also. I hope this helps and I'll try to answer any other questions you may have. 
How much would you recommend one should start off with? I ask as I placed my first order today. 

Has anyone got any advice for me? Of course were all different and react differently to vits, however, I welcome people's experience.  I will be taking it to top off my prescribed dihydr@c@deine and Val which normally runs out towards the end of the month. From my research it seems less addictive than some other pain meds.

How much would you recommend one should start off with? I ask as I placed my first order today. 

Has anyone got any advice for me? Of course were all different and react differently to vits, however, I welcome people's experience.  I will be taking it to top off my prescribed dihydr@c@deine and Val which normally runs out towards the end of the month. From my research it seems less addictive than some other pain meds.
Ok, I have very little tolerance to opioids and my dr prescribed 75mg.. keep in mind it does take a little while to work.. I was going on almost 2 hours with no results and about to take another one when it hit me quick. It doesn't help with my pain the way other relievers do. I believe I should have started with 50mg dose because I was so dizzy and tired, when I layed down it was like a dizzy feeling combined with dreaming (not in a good way) and then when I woke up I could barely remember what happened that day. I have heard totally mixed reviews on this med so I would say start with 50mg and see how you feel and go from there.

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

My package arrived before your comment. 

I took 2 200mg, it was ok. A few hours later I took another 2.  I think my tolerance is high because of the amount of dhc I take and how long I have been taking them for. However, it certainly helped with the pain.

It made me a bit drowsy, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to exercise with it. Next time I will try just one. Trial and error I guess. 

It does make you tired, which is odd since it is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (it increases the neurotransmitter associated with wakefulness)--I'm guessing its caused by a rebound effect. Its biggest drawback, for me, is that it increases my anxiety level. It's supposed to be 4x more potent than trams but I think trams are more pleasant. Still it kills pain for me & can be found fairly cheaply.

Interesting info here. I feel ignorant when I find out about something that was developed almost thirty years ago, and I never knew of it until I read this thread.

I don't know if I should ask about it at the pain "management" office or order it from an IOP.  I used to get tr@ms along with my n0rc0, but had to stop using it due to sexual complications. (some things are just worth hurting for!) I will have to research this stuff and probably try it out. I will just have to let my wallet determine whether it's gonna be dr. (if he'll go for it), IOP, or not at all.

Old post but I figured I’d toss in my two cents.

I’ve mainly stuck to codeine over the years as I simply like oxy/hydro/etc way too much. There would be no way to avoid being insanely addicted.

Most of the time I’d take it for a few weeks and then wait until it was gone and then place another order. It was a good way to endure my tolerance didn’t go through the roof and allowed myself to detox for a few weeks before the next order would arrive. I didn’t like it, but it was the best way to keep myself under control. Even still, it could be an unpleasant time and even a few weeks of usage could have some unpleasant w/d.

with recent customs seizure increases, I decided to give something tapentadol a try. It was cheaper and easier to get and I figured why not. Overall, I actually think it’s a better option for me.

1. less addictive, after a few weeks of usage I am able to stop without any physical withdrawals. This drug works differently than other opiates. Rather than binding to pain receptors, it performs some sort of blocking action. When it’s no longer in your system, there isn’t that intense physical craving that comes from more traditional opiate options. There is still mental desire and a bit foggy feeling in the mind, but much more manageable.

2. Higher doses don’t seem to increase enjoyment, they only seem to make me more sleepy, dumb and lazy. 100-150 seems to be the maximum dose which honestly keeps me more in check and to use it for actual pain management as needed vs being tempted to go further and over medicate.

3. The pain relief is quite good and the feeling is similar to a significantly more potent tram. I also find that I often get a good amount of pep and focus. As noted, this can change to being extremely sleepy if I go above the 100-150 as well as other unpleasant side effects like…frankly feeling stupid, having trouble writing well etc. not to mention that higher doses can make you extremely sweaty and itchy, not pleasant.

overall, I’d definitely recommend it as an alternative to traditional opioids, especially if you’re looking to break away from a potential lifetime of extremely addictive and ever more expensive and less available options. I feel it will be hit or miss for folks, some will like it a lot, some may hate it and others will be somewhere in the middle. For me, it’s honestly nice to have something with greatly reduced physical w/d problems and something that doesn’t provide “more” at higher doses. With dependence, it can be way too easy to find yourself in over your head without the ability to break away.

Old post but I figured I’d toss in my two cents.

I’ve mainly stuck to codeine over the years as I simply like oxy/hydro/etc way too much. There would be no way to avoid being insanely addicted.

Most of the time I’d take it for a few weeks and then wait until it was gone and then place another order. It was a good way to endure my tolerance didn’t go through the roof and allowed myself to detox for a few weeks before the next order would arrive. I didn’t like it, but it was the best way to keep myself under control. Even still, it could be an unpleasant time and even a few weeks of usage could have some unpleasant w/d.

with recent customs seizure increases, I decided to give something tapentadol a try. It was cheaper and easier to get and I figured why not. Overall, I actually think it’s a better option for me.

1. less addictive, after a few weeks of usage I am able to stop without any physical withdrawals. This drug works differently than other opiates. Rather than binding to pain receptors, it performs some sort of blocking action. When it’s no longer in your system, there isn’t that intense physical craving that comes from more traditional opiate options. There is still mental desire and a bit foggy feeling in the mind, but much more manageable.

2. Higher doses don’t seem to increase enjoyment, they only seem to make me more sleepy, dumb and lazy. 100-150 seems to be the maximum dose which honestly keeps me more in check and to use it for actual pain management as needed vs being tempted to go further and over medicate.

3. The pain relief is quite good and the feeling is similar to a significantly more potent tram. I also find that I often get a good amount of pep and focus. As noted, this can change to being extremely sleepy if I go above the 100-150 as well as other unpleasant side effects like…frankly feeling stupid, having trouble writing well etc. not to mention that higher doses can make you extremely sweaty and itchy, not pleasant.

overall, I’d definitely recommend it as an alternative to traditional opioids, especially if you’re looking to break away from a potential lifetime of extremely addictive and ever more expensive and less available options. I feel it will be hit or miss for folks, some will like it a lot, some may hate it and others will be somewhere in the middle. For me, it’s honestly nice to have something with greatly reduced physical w/d problems and something that doesn’t provide “more” at higher doses. With dependence, it can be way too easy to find yourself in over your head without the ability to break away.
My experience is sort of similar to yours.  What I have found is that there seems to be a bit of variability in terms of pain relief properties between the various 'brands'.  I've never had the real nucynta from the USA.  I've only had the ones from India.  There seems to be two different kinds but I atually went so far as to get them tested by a real drug testing outfit.  There seems to be two different types of tapentodol out there.  The red ones and the orange ones.  To me any way they actually feel different.  But chemically accoding to the GC/MS tests or whatever they are both real tapentodol.  As to why they actually feel different, I have no idea.

As far as analgesia goes the orange ones to me are far superior to the red ones.  I have no idea why.  It could be potency or somethin else I have no idea.

I have taken up to 200mg of the red ones at one time and I felt none of the effects you come to associate with the more traditional opioids.  It was more of a super tramadol feeling.  Imagine everything people who told you they don't like tramadol and why they don't like it and you will get the drift.    While I felt none of the opioid type effects 200mgs did get me feeling looped. Best way to describe it is closest to my thinking when I've smoked pot.  Didn't get any of the focus etc.....

The orange ones I have only taken 100mgs.  The analgesic effect was pretty good.  Definitely no mental confusion but no enhanced focus either.

Something worth noting though is tolerance.  While the orange ones gave me serious pain relief Im not sure if it works that well any more.  

I switch off once in a while to keep my tolerance in check.  

One thing for certain though is both the orange ones and the red ones hit your mu recepetors.  Might not feel like you've taken an opiate/opioid but it sure keeps any wd's at bay.

Nowadays it seems tapentadol is getting harder to get than the more traditional opiate/opiods so its kind of a toss up.

Personally its more of a meeh type med for me.  Its ok for pain relief but its nowherer close to what many are hyping it as being.  

The only possible real attraction i could see for it is that it is so new that they probably don't test for it. (Which I suspect is why so many folks flocked to tram).

Old post but figured I would share my experience as well. I have now tried m0rph1ne, tram, hydr0, 0xy, DHC & c0deine. Which tap ranks as my 2nd favorite/most practical one for myself. I can take 4 a day(100mg each) & take a 1 week break for tolerance and no withdrawals whatsoever. All the other opis besides tram which is very weak imo give me withdrawals after just 1 week of use (mild wd's) but still unpleasant. It's also the most cost effective for pain relief, less addicting and easy to get us2us. 0xy has become my least favorite, due to making me sleepier and having to be very careful because I don't want to become dependent ever again. I've been successful with taps for 4 months now (2 weeks on 1 week off) & zero dependance. 

The pain relief is equivalent to 20mg 0ksie and 30-40mg m0rph1ne for myself, so I'm truly thankful it exists now. 

Hydr0 is still my favorite but impossible to get a hold off. I've even thought about taking vacation to Colombia just to buy otc hydr0 (sinalgen max 10/325). 

Regards, 

Jiub 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back