Otoplasty

• Thread starter Thread starter CodyKowl
  • Start date Start date
C

CodyKowl

I had plastic surgery earlier this year.... one of the worst mistakes of my life! I am in the medical field and I know what to look for in a surgery and practice. I did my homework, thought I picked the right guy. First, not only did he not do what I asked (I only wanted the tips of my ears to not flare out) he did what I asked him NOT to do... sit the entire ear too close to the head.

The left ear looked ok but has it healed the tip naturally want to flare out so now I am left with an ear that is pinned far close to my head and the tip protrudes out. He did a revision... on that ear... not sure what he did but it still hurts 7 months later. I cant wear sunglasses, hats, bluetooth... anything that goes over the ear. It almost looks like he tried to join (stitch) skin from the ear to the head to hold it back... feels like he left exposed cartridge. 

The right ear.. I dont even know where to start. It looks like it was done by a differnet set of hands. The contrast in surgical skillset between ears is obvious. The shape, contrast, cartlidge.... everything is different and he left a BIG scar. If anyone wrestled and knows what cauliflower ears are thats what my right ear looks like. We did a revision on this side too and he made it worst... he actually took a chunk of skin off the top of the rip of the ear, why? I have not clue. My dog recently had his declaws removed and his scar is less noticeable than the scar on my right ear. 

I am so pissed.... How could a plastic surgeon with a great CV have screwed up so bad twice!?!? I was actually pretty depressed for a few months... the one ear was bad, it still isn't great, I am just getting used to it. 

I don't know how I missed this story! @CodyKowl I saw you around today. This is everyone's greatest fear when contemplating plastic surgery. After reading your story and knowing you you did your homework, is scaring me off that future "lift" I planned on.

If you read this, tell me how you're doing.

I'm all for it.  My eldest has two ears that are not identical - at all - to the point it's noticable. We did it when he got his braces and it upped his self esteem. Can't say it helped his hearing when he was a teen

Hey @2earls ... just seeing your post. So it's been awhile since I've had the procedure and I still stand by the state "one of the worst mistakes ever". I cannot say that I'd never do it again because I am going to probably seek out a different surgeon at some point to "fix" the ears. The left ear where it attaches to your skull at top (where your sunglasses would rest) still feels like a "papercut" ... even sleeping too long on that side starts to cause (slight) pain. The right ear is just F*d up... do you know what cauliflower ear is? Most commonly seen on HS and college wrestlers ... instead of the cartilage being contoured (around where you earbud headphones would go) the cartilage is basically bulbous. I bet I've had 5-6 random guys at meetings or flights, etc. say to me "oh hey man you're a wrestler?"  Funny thing is I did wrestle in school and usually when another wrestler notices the ear they'll strike up a conversation. In some odd way I almost don't mind it as much as the ears sticking out :)

Bottom line .... If can't say I would not NOT want the procedure done but I wish I would have had it done 20 years ago and obviously would prefered a more skilled surgeon.

Yep, I know what a cauliflower ear is. Boxers are also prone to getting them. I hope you can get them redone, at least for comforts sake. A permanent paper cut on the top of your ear can't be pleasant and since I'm up right now intend of being and sleep because I have an ear infection; I'm feeling a lot of commiseration for hurting ears right now.

My left ear feels like it's burning. This can't be a good thing. I was out in the wind earlier tonight and that really got it going. Hitting the antibiotics up right now.

Oops here I go making your thread all about me. I know a girl who had her ears "pinned" and I don't recall her having issues so what a bummer your surgeon is. At least you can relive your wrestling days.

It's funny to go back and read this post 3 years later and refreshing that I have the same opinion! A BIG MISTAKE! Til this day I still get the random guy ask "hey man are you a wrestler?" At least I can say yes... otherwise it would be awkward :)   Kinda like the time I was carrying my motorcycle helmet in the store and someone asked "oh do you ride a motorcycle?" me: Nope I am just a safe driver! 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back