P.O. box or home address... which is better?

Ket Carson

SAPPHIRE SPONSOR
I tried the using the search function for this question but couldn't find a clear answer. Sorry if it's been answered before but I'm new here and still figuring things out.

For receiving packages; is it better to set up a PO box with an alias, or just use your home address and real name? 

In my experience (small town, mail delivery drivers know everyone) a package with a name not registered to a residential address will often be returned to the sender thinking the wrong address was used.

I know the feds can find out who owns the box anyway and that the alias is actually you, but would a PO box with a fake name be any more beneficial in any case? Have the sender address it to "current resident" or "loyal customer"... or, better yet, I live in a small conservative town so something like "Fellow Christian Conservative". 

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you might want to consider a PO box if you start running into trouble receiving deliveries at your address,  just to change things up. Otherwise from what I can tell it doesn't make any difference in whether or not your package will be confiscated, it can happen either way. 

I'm sure the vendors will put whatever you want them to as far as that goes. Just give them your address that way and they will copy it, but if your carrier has a problem delivering something without the proper name, that could mess you up. I know my mail person puts a note every time they see a different name coming to my address. Had to add my deceased mother to my list of names. 

I tried the using the search function for this question but couldn't find a clear answer. Sorry if it's been answered before but I'm new here and still figuring things out.

For receiving packages; is it better to set up a PO box with an alias, or just use your home address and real name? 

In my experience (small town, mail delivery drivers know everyone) a package with a name not registered to a residential address will often be returned to the sender thinking the wrong address was used.

I know the feds can find out who owns the box anyway and that the alias is actually you, but would a PO box with a fake name be any more beneficial in any case? Have the sender address it to "current resident" or "loyal customer"... or, better yet, I live in a small conservative town so something like "Fellow Christian Conservative". 

I PM’d you, have a lot of experience in this area I can share with you. 

I think you might want to consider a PO box if you start running into trouble receiving deliveries at your address,  just to change things up. Otherwise from what I can tell it doesn't make any difference in whether or not your package will be confiscated, it can happen either way. 

I'm sure the vendors will put whatever you want them to as far as that goes. Just give them your address that way and they will copy it, but if your carrier has a problem delivering something without the proper name, that could mess you up. I know my mail person puts a note every time they see a different name coming to my address. Had to add my deceased mother to my list of names. 
that’s crazy, I get random mail addressed to an ex girlfriend delivered regularly, and mail to the former occupant of my residence as well as mail quite frequently for the former owner of the residence. Usually junk mail, or utility company bs, but nonetheless, they will deliver literally anything with my address on It. Kind of annoying, but something I could use to my advantage I suppose if I ever needed to lol. 

@2earls @EleventySixTrillion

yes just make sure its not near a school zone lmfao 

@vincentm4990 was stupid ordering too much non domestic … leaking packages… postal inspector tipped off dea who tipped off the police it just happened  to be by a school 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back