pain mgmt drug testing accuracy

fbulb

I finally have my pain doc appt, first in a year. I was wondering what the typical UA screening would show. I have heard that stopping MS-Contin and valium 5-7 days before should have me in the clear - I only recently started them. Xanax has a shorter half life, but I have been it on it for several months so will it be still in my urine as long as a longer acting benzo?

I have a RX for addy but I have taken rit@in. I assume that the test differentiates between drugs, so it doesn't just say benzo or amph.

In California do they detect levels precisely? Will it detect even trace amounts or will stopping for a week keep me kosher? I've never failed a drug test before, and the one I took a few months ago was fine even though I hadn't stopped xanax that long, but that was not a pain doctor, just a regular HMO that required a drug test before referral to pain management, maybe it is not as advanced.

Also, I am guessing they are most concerned with any opiates in the system, so I should stop that immediately.

Try taking less and less xanax.  You want to go 2 weeks for that one.  Valium stays longer than 5-7.  Opiates 3-5 days.  I would be more concerned about the benzos.  They don't want you to take benzos and opiates together.  I can usually not see  opiates in test in 4 days.  I would be most concerned about the benzos.  Do they go in the room with you and watch?  You can get the fake urine for your first test or have someone else give it to you if you know anyone that's clean.  You will have to keep it warm with hand warmers on the way there.  I've even gotten clean and frozen my own clean urine, but it ended up I didn't need it and didn't try it.  If you want the pain mgmt doc, it's been my experience that you will have to stay off the xanax.  After your first test, they will be looking for the opiates in your urine to make sure you are not selling them.  Having clean urine without benzos and putting opiate metabolites in it is not an easy thing to do.  I hate this stuff and talking about it.  It's so nerve-wracking.

I did the fake pee for a pre employment screen. They did not come in with me but left the door open. I taped the bag to my waste line with a hand warmer over it. I taped the tube to my wiener and practiced opening and closing the stopper so that I was sure I could do it with one hand while holding the cup. It went well and I got the job.

Do you know what kind of facility?

Mine was at a quest facility and like I said they just left the door open and didn't watch. I imagine most 3rd party facilities that do all sorts of testing are like this. On the other hand facilities where all they do is drug screens might be more strict, but unless you are on parole they probably won't send you to one of them. 

I'd look at your health insurance and see what lab they prefer and then read up online reviews of people who have tested there. Much like we do here people talk and you may find one facility has a reputation for leniency over another. Google reviews can even tip you off to a strict one as I have seen people complain about their privacy being invaded by the technician

with previous pain docs it wasn;t strict. They barely cared.

But this is a new doc in a new county. And I know with the opioid crisis the rules are changing so I don't know what to expect. I have an old prescription for xanax, very old. I can say I used them because I had them sitting there.

I used to be on morphine regularly for years, so again, using the extra med excuse might work but using both? Like you said they will not want mixing and if they even accept it they will not trust me for future tests. But my last pain doc refused to give even vicodin knowing how bad my back was, even his nurse disagreed and wanted to give me something but he didn't care.

I already had a drug test through my primary care physician at Qwest, and I think their levels were high enough that I passed even though I only stopped the xanax a few days before. Since that was required to get the pain referral, that might help my case of not being a regular user.

But I am more interested in getting the nerve stimulator, and I do not want to be dropped because I have been waiting for months. I have a feeling they won't give me anything wither but I don't want to get blacklisted.

I@fbulb I can tell you of a recent experience at a sub doctor. They swabbed by mouth for DNA and submitted that with the original urine screening. This way on future drug tests, they know it's actually my sample being submitted due to the DNA that was swabbed and submitted with original drug urine test. So some of these doctors are stepping up their game in a big way.

@never2many   Very odd..  I never heard of this and I'm in a sub clinic.  My doctor is really great and has actually approved for me take etizol@m, even though it's not a legal script in my country and she's all for mj too.  She doesn't care who comes up for thc, as she thinks everyone should be doing it...lol. 

Valium you will test positive up to a month in my experience if you take it daily. I do have a slower metabolism but it’s from being on opioids and benzos for a good length of time. The pain doctors I have gone to see normally use an in office dip test and if anything tests positive or if they are suspicious of anything they then go to lab. Yes pain management doctors will be most concerned about benzos as this combo is to be respected and used properly or can be very dangerous. Now my pain doctor prescribed me both clonazepam and Methadone/ and other opiates together. I tip that many may not know but Clonazepam will not test positive as a benzo on most all dip tests and needs to be lab tested to pick it up. Other opiates well first off dip tests can’t tell the difference between certain opiates but some can. Different pain clinics have different protocol and use different tests and test for different things. But the ones I’ve been use the standard 7 or 5 panel. And you just need to explain the other opiate off if it is detected. You had an episode of pain your meds weren’t on you but an associate had their s to and offered you it. Or that you just honestly need a bump up on your dose. These both will break your contract for opiate prescription but most docs accept honest sounding explanations over denial or excuses 

At some Point in the next month or two I may actually have a true pain manager we will see. And maybe I can answer some of their questions  above If I get that lucky to get one that actually cares.

Been a bumpy here when a doctor goes on retirement and everything else goes to shit :-)

Well @never2many after  the last last 6 weeks nothing g surprises me anymore 🤦‍♀️ Made to the pain clinic who hands a pee test to me before I even see the doctor .my last pee test w/ doc office was fine . I had a bit of a 39 roc I got locally earlier that day . Not much though and I don’t remember what sy I may have had the. Night b4 . No endos I think only white tens 

anyways it came back with a hair drop of fent . So I end up down town with our states health dept in a 2 day four hour assememt . Basically since I took the ‘med  From a friend ‘ I will never see scripted pills again.
 They even ran a back round check on me. (1 traffic ticket ) and dug HARD into my childhood . Then after 2 hours of that I pee . Waiting fir that . I was careful however I wish I had read about the benzos 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I have a script but I see know why they asked 20 times about those . 

I don’t know wtf happens after this . I ordered f pee strips a d they got back ordered 🤦‍♀️ The ones I had last week were all negative , same set of pills at least 

anyone live through a state health dept 💁‍♀️

@Akup7ich I am so sorry for you--for this--for all this shit! I don't want to say anything fucked up like "at least it wasn't enough fent to kill you" BUT I won't say that. 

The suckiest part in these days is that I am not sure that we can trust any of these tests though. 

I know bad shit is out there. I also know fucked up tests happen. 

What can I do to help? I am here. I know this is a blow as you have been waiting to get into a pain management clinic. 

I don't have any experience in this situation--which is shocking based on my crazy life! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

But I am your friend. I know your struggle. And I am here. 😘

Hi  @alixjones2018 The source was a 30 from in town. We had gotten them for a few years now and I’ve never had issues. And then they just started becoming  M boxes all the time.I only take a few here and there. But that was the primary thing I had during that time. And my husband also was positive from an inbox this summer. He’s on Suboxone now because his habits are different than me just wanted to resolve my pain.

I should had noted that yesterday so no one thinks it’s any other thing I hav had recently .🤦‍♀️ I just became so god smacked yesterday and purely freaked out With the whole process that I just felt the need to share. But I should’ve shared more clearly. I obviously yes we all need to take care of ourselves and do the best we can and be as careful as possible when we can

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back