Pink Floyd-Piper at the Gates of Dawn

runnerlk

Pink Floyd just reissued their first 3 albums on vinyl which were always my favorite. I've ordered them and expect them by the end of the week. Anyway just wondered what the group thinks of the early Floyd. Tod me the first album PATGOD was thier best and Syd Barrett god rest his soul, was an amazing talent. To me these first albums including Saucerful  and Ummagumma were the ultimate trip in a psychedelic experience.

Guess I'll dust off my original of PATGOD and listen to POW R. TOC H. while I await my package ;)

last night I finally had the time to listen to my new pressing of Piper at the Gates of Dawn and wow it sounds amazing. Much better dynamics than my near 50 year old original issue. Next up is Saucerful of Secrets. Now if only I had some of that special fungi that can help me get to the next dimension ;)

View attachment 1346

@runnerlk  I do love me some Floyd!!!  I love "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" and "Remember a Day" gives me the chills.   The drums on the whole album are pretty sick.   I love early Floyd.   I love "Meddle" and "Obscured by Clouds".   The first time I ever dosed I watched "Live at Pompeii" on VHS.   That was an amazing night!!! I was on a "Wall" kick a couple of months ago and I forgot how truly amazing that album is.....especially when you really listen to it.    Really dig hearing what folks are listening too!

They are the best. One of the few bands I can truly lose track of time and or just stare at the wall and let some stress go. Meaning the movie....

I listened to a lot of Piper when i was a teenager. Was (and still is) one of my favourite albums. It was so psychedelic that if i was really drunk and someone put it on the room started spinning and in under 15 minutes i had to rush to the toilet to throw up. After a while, when my friends noticed i was really out of it, they would put on piper at the gates of dawn just to fuck with me. Strangely i still remember it as good times.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back