Private mailbox

theone8399

I went back a few pages in this thread and I didn't see anything regarding a private mailbox rental. I'm in the Midwest USA big city. We have various companies that offer mailbox rental. Not usps, FedEx, or ups. They will sign for packages thy require a signature and I don't need to worry about my wife intercepting at home. I need to provide 2 forms of ID so I have to use my real name but when renting I say I buy/sell on amazon eBay etc and I need a physical address so packages don't sit on my doorstep. I learned but don't know for sure that usps pro boxes, ups, and FedEx boxes are not required by LE to have a warrant to open. I got this info on another forum in which I belonged but is no longer working. What are all of your thoughts and/or facts regarding this? I have not had any problems in doing business this way. I also get amazon and eBay packs sent to this address to mix in with my vitamins/flowers I get. These real items are few and far between compared to my important deliveries. Once again hoping for feedback from you members. Thank you.

Crazy timing you have @theone8399 as I have in the past 3 months despite major planning around delivery times to ensure I am there to receive a package, the wife managed to be home for some reason and opened it despite it being addressed to me...had a excuse but doesn't really hold any water imo.  Needless to say there was extreme drama that ended up working out, I suppose.  Delivery to home is likely a thing in the past which is hard and frustrating since there are a few (to say the least) outstanding vendors I completely trust and have seen the reputation from others in addition to my own experience.  I'm more of an occasionally user on 2 levels; 1) legitatimate concern to have a backup stash should something happen to meds I am prescribed legitamitely; and 2) occasionally really enjoy rock climbing gear or other items in that category at times.  Fortunately I am not in an issue of dependency as some likely are and may have no other option for something they really need. Anyhow back to the main topic...

I'm also currently doing searches on po boxes and other alternatives as there are certainly other benefits since we use am$zon and the like fairly often and have seen issues with packages disappearing from the front door within the neighborhood.  Also last thing I need is another package intercepted not by me, so I'm greatly weighing po box options as an alternative.  I'm sure the searches will turn up valuable information, but if there are any new considerations/issues that have recently come about please do share as any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah the main reason for me is a wifey intercepting my parcel. I also order from amazon. I order items to be sold on the internet that I def don't want left on my stoop. Also if a parcel requires signature that is taken care of with my private mail box. I don't honestly know the legalities of using the big 3 companies usps, ups, or fedex vs using a private company for a box. I just choose to go private by doing a ton of research on a previous forum I belonged to. I live in a big Midwestern town USA so options are plentiful for me. Hope this was helpful and good luck friend. Any questions don't hesitate to ask, I will definitely help any way I can. Stay safe. 

J

What kind of private mailboxes are you specifically looking at?   It sounds as though they may be something like mom and pop shops which may be a great alternative  if I even have such an option  around here, though definitely not out in the boonies by any means.  Sounds as though we may be in fairly close practi sounds as though we may be in fairly close prproximity  as I am also in the Midwest region.   I'll do my part and do some more research and see what I come up with, but home delivery is definitely not an option I want to pursue any longer...Which unfortunately I feel raises the least amount of flags when compared to some other pick up options.

Unless I can find a true private mailbox option it appears a PO Box has major limitations for UPS and FedEx (unless using FedEx Smartpost).  That leaves me with only USPS which is fine for some vendors, but not for others that only use other carriers.  Will just keep looking...not in rush.  A private mailbox that accepts all carriers would certainly be ideal should one exist around here.

Update to any that are interested and also looking into this, I did find a company (big thanks to one of our vendors that did much of the leg work!) that provides a private box that accepts all carriers and is accessible 24/7. I think this a local company and not a chain that others could find but would assume there are similar setups out there.  I'm going to stop by soon and learn more about it, particularly costs and size options for these personal mailboxes.

Awesome that's what I did my self. Found some options myself and went and checked them out. I found a couple I really liked and decided on ease of service and proximity to home. The shop I found ships out most major carriers. They also have a setup similar to what an apartment complex would have. A bank of rentable mailboxes. There isn't 24 hour access but that's no big deal to me. They sign and hold packages. But they are a private company which I like.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back