Problems With Your Pc?

guys can someone tell the best browser I tor but someone told me it does not work so guys my ? is what is the most secure browser to have plz help me lost in the data stream

could someone also tell how do I know if members are online looking at a topic so I can talk to them as close to the same time as possible

1 more question need a teacher to help me do things with safest way possible? my us government so called patriot acts is anything but patriotic and freedom is truly becoming more of a theory instead of a reality. it is time for our people of our thoughts to be the next with equal rights. it should not be only for race gender or religion. all things that does not hurt your friends and others should no longer be look at as a crime.

Last edited:
JJJJJJJEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I just spend 3 friggin hours trying to get my laptop to work right. I'll make it short.

Somehow I downloaded some popup program that kept loading popups. I went to programs to uninstall anything I could find but they were still there. I have Windows Defender but that does not do shit. I decided to get some antivirus software but I could not search with the friggin popups going off.

I went to consumer reports to find the best deal. They listed a couple of suggestions for free software. Gotta be okay if it's on CR right?

https://www.avast.com/en-us/index

Download the software and fixed the problem. Free!. They do offer upgrades which I'll probably consider. Help yourself and I'm sure there are other freebies out there too if anyone cares to share.

I've been using Windows since 1995,  Linux since 1996.    I do not run antivirus on my own machines.  I will not and do not get viruses /default_tongue.png

Linux is awesome for embedded/servers as I have a Linux server at my business.    As well as OpenWRT.

Combofix and Malwarebytes Free are very good at removing junk.

And I am not saying you guys shouldn't run any antivirus but my point is - it's all user interaction.

... Oh wait.. I'm only talking to headbanger here... rest are banned... LOL wtf is with banned people.

When you turn a laptop on but only get a black screen?? What's

That mean?

If you see a boot screen (like a Dell laptop would have DELL on the screen at turn on) and a Windows logo screen, then it's likely Windows is corrupted.. like from virus or something.  Or could be bad hard drive as well.  If it's a Mac,  then it could be OS X is corruted as their HFS+ filesystem is not 100% stable.

If the laptop doesn't even show anything at all when you turn on the laptop, then it's hardware issue.   Could be RAM,  could be screen or cable (rare),  could be defective motherboard,  etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be a number of things, but most likely a bad video card, or break in the solder, especially if it's an HP...
There were alot of Nvidia 8xxx GPU failure in different brand (Apple included) of laptops due to different solder material.   I had TONS of HP DV2000/DV6000/etc came to me with dead video.  HP were most popular brand of laptops no doubt.  Nothing could be done to fix it permamently back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also with certain ATI/AMD GPU in recent years.... tons of (2011?) MacBook Pro were affected.

There were alot of Nvidia 8xxx GPU failure in different brand (Apple included) of laptops due to different solder material.   I had TONS of HP DV2000/DV6000/etc came to me with dead video.  HP were most popular brand of laptops no doubt.  Nothing could be done to fix it permamently back then.
I use to work on laptops a few years back, and Nvidia was the worst I've seen. The location of the fans was incorrect, especially in the Hp's on the mid 2000's era, and the motherboard would heat up, and de-solder the video card. I use to re-solder these all the time. My mom still uses an HP of this era, and it still works perfectly, but it ALWAYS sits on a dual external fan, so it is getting twice the air flow, and has never got hot enough to have an issue. Knock on wood!

I use to work on laptops a few years back, and Nvidia was the worst I've seen. The location of the fans was incorrect, especially in the Hp's on the mid 2000's era, and the motherboard would heat up, and de-solder the video card. I use to re-solder these all the time. My mom still uses an HP of this era, and it still works perfectly, but it ALWAYS sits on a dual external fan, so it is getting twice the air flow, and has never got hot enough to have an issue. Knock on wood!
WIsh I knew you /default_smile.png   Did you resoldered with different solder or did you "rebake" it?

WIsh I knew you /default_smile.png   Did you resoldered with different solder or did you "rebake" it?
Trying to re-solder a motherboard  is Super Tricky..I started out with what most people would consider the "rebake" method, which involved heating up the motherboard to a precise temp for a precise length of time. This worked fairly well for a short term fix, but the solder never seemed to hold up more than a few months, and it was bad for business, when you would charge someone a couple hundred to fix their laptop, only to have them come back pissed off a few months later. This became such a huge problem, that special re-solder machines were later invented, and my boss bought one, that cost nearly 10k if I remember correctly. With the new machines, you would just insert the motherboard, and the machine did all the work of removing the old solder, and re-soldering fresh solder to the board. Better fans were also installed at this point, to avoid having a repeat issue..

Yeah I have done a couple of those... it worked fine till a month or months later.. so I didn't do it anymore as it wasted my time and money (had to refund 100%).   I saw those expensive machines to reball the chips.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back