Psych Ward Medical Records

Broadway2282

I know that my lovely involuntary commitment to the psych ward is in my medical records but my question is when a potential employer does a background check, does that show up? I would think not since its part of my medical records and HIPPA protects me, but I know if I were to want to join the US military, LE or Federal Gov Agency they would find it but thankfully for me I have no interest in those fields. 

The cops threw me in there but I was never arrested, just "detained and committed for my own safety". Don't want this thing to effect my future any more than it already has. Thanks for your thoughts. 

P.S. Don't know if anyone one here is as crazy as I am, may need to post this question to the crazy people forum but thought I'd try here first. 

Medical records aren't accessible by potential employers, or by anyone else, without either your written permission or a subpeona.  As you mentioned, HIPAA laws prevent that.

Depending on what state you live in you won't be able to purchase a gun. You can never go into a field that requires a psych history (military/medical/law enforcement/and on). Employers cannot ask you about your medical history as it is confidential.

Ditto on what was said above. If you were put on a hold for evaluation and nothing came about it then owning a gun would still be an option. Just because you have someone that thinks they have large B__Ls does not mean squat. On a Federal firearm check you will be asked several questions 1 is are you on a habit forming drug. another have you ever been treated for any mental illness.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back