Question about making purchases with BTC?

vinniedabeast

I opened a coinbase account and purchased BTC. My question is that if I were to make a purchase, let's say from serenity, is it safe to make that transaction on coinbase? Or am I to transfer that to a personal web based wallet before making a transaction?

The latter. Never pay a vendor or market directly from an exchange wallet. It's not only bad opsec but also a quick way to get your exchange account shut down.

I am very happy to see this post. This is also a topic that I am more concerned about recently. I hope my customers can know this.

Which wallet do you recommend?
I use blockchain. Maybe it's just one of those cases where I learned my BTC on blockchain so I think it's the easiest. I buy in X, then transfer to blockchain. Learned that hell of buying and sending out of the same wallet. NOPE, nope, never again!

Good luck!

Last edited:
I use Electrum myself and it has worked well. I am sure there are other good ones but the most important thing is to make sure to get it from a trusted source.
You can transfer from your coinbase wallet to Electrum? Just wanna make sure, I am still very much a noob at this

You can transfer from your coinbase wallet to Electrum? Just wanna make sure, I am still very much a noob at this
Yes - there are a number of good tutorials. Best way IMO is to transfer a small amount of money (yes, there are transfer fees but small price to pay to make sure you have a handle on how it works) from exchange to Electrum wallet then make some small purchase from the Electrum wallet. Once you have a feel for how it works, you'll have some comfort when doing more substantial transactions.

i know this is probably a stupid question, but would it be pointless or ill-advised to send from coinbase wallet?

i know this is probably a stupid question, but would it be pointless or ill-advised to send from coinbase wallet?
Not necessarily pointless since the coin would arrive but definitely ill-advised. If you search around a little you'll hear from people who had their Coinbase accounts abruptly closed after making payments they didn't like directly from their exchange wallets.

Not necessarily pointless since the coin would arrive but definitely ill-advised. If you search around a little you'll hear from people who had their Coinbase accounts abruptly closed after making payments they didn't like directly from their exchange wallets.
thank you!

The best part of all, It cost you money evertime you wanna move the fucking coin! :D

Buy coin, FEE, Move coin, FEE, Move coin again, FEE!

OOOOOOOOO i love bitcoin its sooooooooooooo GREAT for people who collect the god damn fee's it is.

The best part of all, It cost you money evertime you wanna move the fucking coin! :D

Buy coin, FEE, Move coin, FEE, Move coin again, FEE!

OOOOOOOOO i love bitcoin its sooooooooooooo GREAT for people who collect the god damn fee's it is.
Yo I had to adjust an order because btc fees had fluxed. Fkrs xmr is the better coin imo

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back