Returning back to the scene

Phuoko

Hello all. I’m a combat injured vet who came home to the mess that is the VA.  I was a moderator on the original drugbuyers before it got featured on dr phill and went down.   I then helped a few of the other sites as the SY world emerged.  In 2012 or so my strength reached a point where I got off of pain medication and on to methadone.  Methadone worked fantastic for many years but my old wounds have worsened and my ability to successfully fight my pain and sleep without waking in excruciating pain has become impossible.  With three surgeries coming up this summer I have spoken to the VA about weaning off of methadone and returning to pain relievers until my strength and ability returns and they believe methadone should be a sufficient pain killer which is unbelievably ignorant.

thus I’ve taken it upon myself to begin weaning myself off methadone and returning to taking pain relievers as needed.  So far things have gone well.  I’ve reduced my methadone dose to half and have lost about 25lbs in a month and seen a lot of my side effects disappear.  So here I am returning to the community to help try and get my pain  managed at the failure of the VA

What a shame the way the VA treated you.  Appreciate your service and glad your back.  Hope you find the relief you need:)

Thank you for your service! It's really sad in today's day the VA hasn't caught up to the real world. The Government should be funding it heavily. It enrages me seeing how much money gets sent overseas or purely wasted here in the the US by incompetent politicians & agencies.

Stay Strong and good luck this summer! 💪

Hello all. I’m a combat injured vet who came home to the mess that is the VA.  I was a moderator on the original drugbuyers before it got featured on dr phill and went down.   I then helped a few of the other sites as the SY world emerged.  In 2012 or so my strength reached a point where I got off of pain medication and on to methadone.  Methadone worked fantastic for many years but my old wounds have worsened and my ability to successfully fight my pain and sleep without waking in excruciating pain has become impossible.  With three surgeries coming up this summer I have spoken to the VA about weaning off of methadone and returning to pain relievers until my strength and ability returns and they believe methadone should be a sufficient pain killer which is unbelievably ignorant.

thus I’ve taken it upon myself to begin weaning myself off methadone and returning to taking pain relievers as needed.  So far things have gone well.  I’ve reduced my methadone dose to half and have lost about 25lbs in a month and seen a lot of my side effects disappear.  So here I am returning to the community to help try and get my pain  managed at the failure of the VA
What a story. Those Tricare, VA type docs are the worst. All standards no human individualization. I hope it goes well for you brother, it sounds like you have your mission and have the tools to make it happen. I’m usually very preachy about advice for addiction weaning/WD symptom relief, but you sound like you know more about it than I do and certainly know yourself better. One personal recommendation I’ll offer is OTC Agmatine Sulfate. Buy a big bag on Amazon; it will help relieve some of the hardship transitioning. In a fairly impressive amount of people it completely ablates all opioid side effects. It will not get you high on its own but will add some density over time to those opioid receptors, so doses of pain meds will feel more potent. That’s good because it does is just an allostatic modulator so over a bit of time the receptors can recover some sensitivity to chemicals that bind and have been doing so for years. Let it work for you to unravel that maladaptation of tolerance and use 2-3 times per week at 200-500mg oral dosing for a few weeks. Some go higher some get depression by 20 GRAMs or so (others are cured of intractable MDD at 20 grams, so the verdict is out.). It helped me with drinking and makes meth WD less crappy. Opioid addiction is where it shines.  Just a thought. See ya around here and hope the surgeries go well. Heal and rest up bro! 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back