Road to recovery.

Splicks

Hey Guys. 

Can anyone help me please. I'm on a sub reduction and I've been struggling with opiate use for over 20 yrs. I prepared a whole speech about my worries and struggles but I'm very new here and have never embarked on a world like this. I've often thought about going onto forums to make friends with people who are struggling with the same thing as me but is there anywhere that would be better suited to my needs ? I want to speak freely but not break any rules about how you run the site and what you prfer not to be talked about. I seriously need some support with this as I'm so alone and isolated. I feel bad asking this now as I'm new user and I swear its not for the sole pourpose of posts as I dont know any of you to need to PM and I know your all very suspicious of new people but I promise you I'm just a boring old English gal from the UK who is very alone and pretty scared for my future. I stumbled upon this great place by accident so feel I was meant to find you guys and feel I can ask you all what you think. It seems a perfect way to start recovering properly and you all seem really nice from what I've read ....and believe me I have spent ages reading many threads. 

Thanks guys. Appreciate the time patience in advance. 

???

Hi splicks, this is the right place to start a discussion about your specific issues and I am sure you will receive many replies, support and advice. Pleased to meet you also by the way, I'm in the UK myself. 

Hi spices your story is do similar to mine (just over 20yrs) on opies after leaving the rave scene.

I was on suboxone in the last year and had yo go back on the green as I couldn't get off the subz,I thought my head was gonna explode commune off them and I had bad depression for the 1st time in my entire life.The green us awful to come off but I REALLY didn't find the subz any easier but not everyone is the same and I've heard others say they found it easy??

Welcome aboard you'll find loads of helpful people here with loads of knowledge on many subjects.

Peace 

Bliss......

Hello again peeps. Sorry I been away for a little while. You will be pleased to hear that due to finding what I wanted I now have a decent sleep pattern ! Thanks to Gung. I cant thank him as I don't have enough posts for that section so please someone feel free to mention how pleased I am and you saved my arse big time ! Yeah I'm with a clinic and should start going to meetings and I will soon when I'm ready. Hope you are all sound and ok. Will have a look round the site again later on and see what's about and try to up my posts but anyone that needs a chat or wot not then hit me up lovelies. Peace out to you all and many thanks ya help and guidance ?????

Thank you for giving us an update splicks! Great to hear you are doing well! 

Hi Splicks welcome aboard and I think you should be proud that you posted this and are being proactive in your recovery. I think getting off subs is harder than getting off of regular pain pills. Never tried anything harsher than pills so I do think know. But I know that the longer you are on subs the longer it takes to taper, but it also depends on how much you take daily. That's huge. I don't want to share how I weaned off subs because I was only on them after a year long knee surgery /recovery battle that caused me to be in so much pain the docs had me on percs for about a year. When I did the suboxone route to wean off /avoid opiate withdrawal, my psychiatrist only rx'd me 2mg a day for about 6-7 months; so weaning off was super easy. But I did take kratom for the last 2-3 weeks after jumping off the subs completely because as I  remember it messed with my mind more than my body because the withdrawals from the  sub were very subtle but lasted way over two months. 

If you ever have any questions no matter what I am here as part of your support system! 

've been one those orange Devils for many years now. My question is whether or not it would be easier to switch back to perks and just quit from there. I've heard and experienced sub withdrawals to be horrible and long lasting. I've gotten off pk's many times and although it's tough, it's doable and didn't take more then two weeks for me. I would much rather take that two weeks over months from sub wd's. Any opinions? I posted this in another furom but it might have been wrong section.

've been one those orange Devils for many years now. My question is whether or not it would be easier to switch back to perks and just quit from there. I've heard and experienced sub withdrawals to be horrible and long lasting. I've gotten off pk's many times and although it's tough, it's doable and didn't take more then two weeks for me. I would much rather take that two weeks over months from sub wd's. Any opinions? I posted this in another furom but it might have been wrong section.
I am not a doctor so I cannot give that sort of medical advice but if that was my situation, YES.

Cool thanks for the response. I agree, now I just need to stock up on some mild killers like perk. No need to get back into anything super heavy. Anyone have an idea of how long I might need to wait before making the switch?

I am not a doctor so I cannot give that sort of medical advice but if that was my situation, YES.

if you were/are on suboxone, you'll have to wait til you are in withdrawals, typically about 3-4 days after your last dose. if you are/were on just bupe/no naloxone, you can start almost immediately

if you were/are on suboxone, you'll have to wait til you are in withdrawals, typically about 3-4 days after your last dose. if you are/were on just bupe/no naloxone, you can start almost immediately
Unfortunately it's sub for me so I'll have to wait. I've never heard that but I believe it.

Well ill tell you how i did it.  Doesnt mean its for everyone but worked for me.  At first was given 3 or 4 of the 8mg suboxone a day.  Went to the op class for msybe 5 months. And asked doc to switch me to subutex because it was cheaper.  He said sure.  Said cant afford op class will you still ptescribe he said yes.  Now i was on these about 2 years.  I pretty quickly cut myself to 2 a day never noticed any withdrawl and got rid of extras.  Then after a year or so just started taking one a day never really felt withdrawl much that i remember.  Took one 8mg a day and my prescribed at the time 4mg alpraz felt good.  Decided i didnt want this everyday my whole life so id start skipping days take one every few days.  Then went to a half 4mg a day for awhile.  Then skip 2 or 3 days untill i felt like i needed it.  The last month i never went back for refill .  i think id take a quarter of one every 2 days and got myself an upper to use for like a month because when coming off you will feel tired and yawning and just no energy.  Finally stopped all subs but used some upper i wont say what one for like a month.  Kept going to work and next thing you know i didnt need them.  I think the upper killed the blah feeling enough and the no energy and all that that takes a good 2 to 4 weeks to get through.  Just dont get hooked on that speedy stuff.  Next thing you know your free from needing suboxone everyday.  Physically free.  Now mentally i always want that op8 feel. Always will just dont let yourself get into daily use if you dabble a week here and there then go without im ok.  i would say though ya need something coming off to give you energy thru those 2 or 3 weeks of the withdrawl.  Thats best i can remember as i quit them begining of 2013 

Hello again. It's seems there's many diffrent ways to get off the subs. I like the variations ! But some arnt for me as I suffer fibromyalgia so some uppers arnt great for me. I ache far too much from no sleep and I get too irratic  plus I have no body to hang out with which makes it much worse! Downers are defo for me and they are working but yeah the depression is getting worse and worse and I cant cope with the anxiety and paranoid feelings I'm having. I agree the subs do play with your head so bad. I feel like I'm going totally nuts. It's such a lonely world and I shall be doing everything I can do occupy myself. I tried dating again and only seen the guy twice and that was last week. He is very blazzai and only texts me one worded answers and I'm convinced he's trying to let me down slowly! We really hit it off but seems as though he was just going on being very drunk and obviously realised I'm not that great. 

Anyhoo. ..random answer and comments tonight as not feeling right so let me have a proper look at what you have said and I will warrant it with a better reply !  so I'm going back to sleep but whomever has said PM you I can't am afraid I don't have enough posts. It's because I cant spend too much time on the internet as it hurts my head and gives me mi-graines. Thanks for the input guys. Will be back asap. Big love x

What i posted works.you need some mth to get you moving and in a few weeks your done just cut down toat least one 8mg ot less every few days lower annd use mth the whole time.  And somekaopectate good luck

Subs are childs play to h and high dose mmt.  It takes willpower and other drug substitute so you can function with energy.  Some v xan with mth will help

Well i was atv 3 or for suvs a day.  Cut to one. Cut to half week later cut to qauerter next. Tuf it out for two weeks like a man or take some uppers.  I was cut cold turkey from mmt for a week.5. Ipretty muched toughed it said fuck while lay in bed and shit myself.  Your choice.  And was takong every oc 40 120doc gave me and many more pills cold turjy of mmt high dose no joke.   But sub saved me. I was in hospital for infections ods from h a 4 times.  Ive had hepc beat it with interferon now i know my ex gave me geno 3 now need dalvadi and daklinza.  I went back to old ways for awhile.  And insurance denies 3 appeals i still look 30.  Trust me get some balls suboxone is a lifesaver bwant ut its not nothing hardcore to win get it i know what hell is your not even close you dont want suffer a little teach fkn lesson in life

Last edited:
Wet hey ...my apologies for my random in and out use.of the forum. Some days I just can't face phones ..computers n wot not. Just my bed and the telly ! Thing I'm struggling with the most right now is I'm not allowed any opiates and illergic to anti-inflammatories so what kind of pain meds could anyone suggest? I'm pretty convinced I'm gonna be stuck on that one ...what ya reckon ? Lol 

@Splicks You're doing an outstanding job after reading the progress so far. I know it's a struggle, but hang in there. We're all rooting for you!

Be sure to maintain a safe pattern while weening yourself off and most importantly make sure you're comfortable with it. If you're not comfortable with it you might find signs of high stress levels and perhaps obtain "psychotic" behavior patterns which can be dangerous to yourself and others. It's really nice to see that people are taking an effort like yourself to get off these drugs. It's quite inspiring for most that suffer from addiction rather it's opiates or benz, addiction is addiction. Can call it a sandwich and it's still addiction. 

As stated before, we're here for you every step of the way. I'll be more active in this thread to show my support to you seeing it's very inspiring.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back