Saving Tips

Yukon4E2

Since we all buy product and spend too much money with vendors. Also because I just finally sort of "settled down." Wondering what money-saving tips everyone has? 

Also, does anyone use Jet.com? I just found it and can't really believe... and it's  free shipping on $35 or more. Supposedly.

Before I make a purchase I just wanted to ask some people I trust (!) if anyone has experience. 

Some things i do to save money ? Well lets see. Hmm. ....Uhmm...well. Let me think about that. I do mobile coupons sometimes. Drive a stick shift, which saves gas. 

I've been pre-making food for a week at a time, so the ingredients are prepped and i come home in the evenings and can get dinner on the table quickly. Dont have cable. But damn, internet is $50!!! Then I have cbsallaccess.com, netflix.com and even SlingTV. So it doesnt come out to save that much money, I'm afraid. 

Geez. Yeah so I really need some money saving tips here people ! 

Me too! And then getting the husband on board is even tougher. He's addicted to those damn energy drinks that cost as much as a pill lol. I think that is a whole other thread, but I am also interested to hear if anyone has any tips besides "stop ordering ".

Turn all electrical appliances of when not at home or using it ie broad band use a lot of electric, so does a kettle if you fill it to the max and only plan on making a cup or two.  Don't have the boiler running all the time, so you have hot water all the time. Turn it on, or set timer an hour before you have a bath, use a kettle to wash dishes instead of having hot water on tap .  If driving coast when its possible, take any unnecessary items out of the boot, because the extra weight uses more fuel to move. 

Or you could put aside 7% of your wages every time you get paid whatever you can afford. Only thing with doing that is once you've saved a nice amount don't go on a spending spree, or go out with you bank card on a night out. It takes months, years to save and only one day to spend it all. 

There are a few more ways to save money. It depends how far you want to go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get depression and anxiety, move to Norway, get free doctors and meds and get on full disability. In Norway they just throw money after you. Work a bit on the side as well. I'm quite comfortable, though i wouldn't call it affluent.

On a more serious note tho. You mentioned making food for the entire week. I've been writing in the recipe section and i have one for you that tastes wonderful, but is also very cheap, and which you can freeze in tupperware like containers or even plastic bags and it'll keep for a year or more.

A large portion here, easily 10-15 dinners, possibly more, for a single woman with normal appetite:

Fry 2 large onions in cooking oil in a pan on medium heat till they get a golden colour , add four finely chopped cloves of garlic five minutes before the onions are done, throw in a large casserole/pan (not sure what you would call it in english) with about 7 pounds of hermetically sealed tomatoes (these can be very cheap) add some dried basil and/or oregano and salt and pepper to taste. cook for at least two hours while stirring occasionally, be careful not to burn it, (especially towards the end when the sauce gets thicker) on low heat (barely boiling), till it feels like a tomato sauce, and that's it. Put everything you're not gonna use right away in portion sized containers and put them in the freezer.

Serve with any kind of pasta (spaghetti is my favourite) and you don't need much sauce. It's a northern European thing to use a lot of sauce. In Italy they just lubricate the pasta a bit. Can also be served with fine bread and butter if you wanna save even more money, though the pasta has plenty of carbs already.

I'll just throw in a couple of things that will makes this sauce even better depending on your budget, which you can do none, some or all of. First is fry up a pound or two of ground beef before you add the tomatoes, that will do the most when it comes to taste. Secondly use fresh finely chopped basil and/or oregano. Thirdly use fresh store-bought pasta (expensive), but even better, home-made pasta which is actually quite cheap provided you have a pasta-maker, only eggs and flour, it just takes a long time to make. Fourth and last, and this is the most expensive part, buy fresh parmesan (preferably the real parmigiano reggiano and not the knock-offs), ground it and spread over your dish. 

All these things will make it a lot more expensive than the basic version, but some more than others. The basic version is much cheaper than store bought pasta sauces and tastier as well. I think even with meat added it'll still make it cheaper. Hope this is a good tip for you

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband and I have been doing this for the past 3 years. It is easy and great for end of the year expenses, such as the Holidays. 

52-week money challenge

You start off Week One by saving $1; then Week Two you save $2; Week Three you save $3, etc., until you reach the last week of the year, Week 52, when you'd save $52. Your savings would add up to $1,378.

My husband and I have been doing this for the past 3 years. It is easy and great for end of the year expenses, such as the Holidays. 

52-week money challenge

You start off Week One by saving $1; then Week Two you save $2; Week Three you save $3, etc., until you reach the last week of the year, Week 52, when you'd save $52. Your savings would add up to $1,378.
I've heard of this one. I may try it! Thanks

52-week money challenge

This is such a great idea!! Thank you for posting this!! 

52-week money challenge

@Suzyqalp -- I've never heard of this before and it's such a great idea. THANKS for posting it! I'm going to tell friends and family about it also. My Sister has 4 kids so it's a great tip to help her save for Christmas presents. It's so simple and easy to do. It's amazing that the small amount of money each week adds up to so much in the end. Great idea!  ☺

52-week money challenge

Started this today! Thanks for reminding me of this method!

Sick azz dude!! 

Personally, the saving procedure i implement is a 10% deposit into my savings acct everytime i get paid

52-week money challenge

Sickazzdude in reference to this quote btw...

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back