Seroquel

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi guys!

please, I want hear your experience with Seroquel.  They are decreasing my effexor and increasing Seroquel.   Please tell me everything!  Tha ks! Seroquelis completelynew tome.

I take 200Mg Seroquel. They scare me because, do a search for "Seroquel and Sugar". But, I will say this, they knock my ass out cold. The first old crazy doc told me to take three 200Mg per night..pffft yeah right. That would put down and elephant. I love them for sleep, but I do worry. They clog your nose, so get some nasal spray, also on the rare occasion that they don't knock you out, look out restless legs. My legs will jump all over the bed...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
At doses 100mg below, one of the best sleep meds out there. At higher doses decent for anxiety. Highest doses you get apathy and weight gain. Find your happy medium with this drug and it could help you. Pretty benign drug compared to a lot of the antipsychotics out there.

I was prescribed Seroquel by a psychiatrist several years ago because I told him I was having trouble sleeping. I believe the dosage was 50mgs per pill. They do kind of make you drowsy, but not in a good way. It's like instead of getting the natural feeling of a good night sleep you get this odd feeling like your brain jarred by electricity and ended up knocked out for a few hours. For me they were pretty awful. It may help you fall asleep but the quality of sleep I got from it was not good at all. Maybe it works better for others but for me I definitely hated it. The best med I took to help me with my insomnia was Zanax and Clon@zepm. However the tolerance for benz0s develops really fast, so it only gave me temporary relief for a few days. Once I developed the tolerance they no longer were effective for my insomnia. I also tried lor@azepam but that too was good at first until the tolerance built up (all benz0s feel pretty much the same to me). But getting back to Seroquel, when I took those I always got this weird sensation that kind of felt like putting your tongue on the nodes of a 9 volt battery. Also I heard that Seroquel can put you at risk for diabetes. 

I have schizo-affective disorder but take it mainly for insomnia problems. It take 50-100mg to get a good night's sleep. One side-effect of this drug that I hate is that it makes me crave junk food and I'm slowly putting on weight that's not falling off(I was a skinny guy my whole life, not anymore). I personally don't feel the sleep quality of seroquel to be top notch, but friends/family tell me I look much more well-rested and don't walk around with red eyes anymore, so I guess it's helping. 

My best advice is to start at a small dose and work up. Every doc for some reason wanted to start me @ 400mg. I did that once and slept for like 48 hours and felt like a zombie for a week. Start small and find your sweet spot, I personally only take it @ night, as it will knock you the fuck out. Why are they reducing ur effoxor and upping the seroquel btw?

I was put on 200 mg xr and from day one my insomnia was gone. After 5 years now I now can fall asleep without any help of any kind. Yes you will gain some weight and wake up starved!.Without it Im hoping to lose the few extra pounds. Its also great for bi polar disorder.

Seroquel is good only to prevent insomnia and slowdown from the race of thought. Definitely it will not help you if you are in depression state. Seroquel it's neuroleptic and its sure that in higher doses >200mg give you suppression, apathy and unwillingness to do anything constructive.

Seroquel is good only to prevent insomnia and slowdown from the race of thought. Definitely it will not help you if you are in depression state. Seroquel it's neuroleptic and its sure that in higher doses >200mg give you suppression, apathy and unwillingness to do anything constructive.
100% agree @Sudoka...I take 250 XR at night. I barely have any energy to do anything constructive during the day. At one point I was at 800 mg for bi-polar disorder and insomnia. Switching to the XR and reducing did drastically stop the need to wake at night and raid the fridge. I don’t feel this levels me out at all. It’s just a sleep aid to me that I’d really like to get off of, but then the insomnia takes over. Vicious cycle. 

Last edited:
I have been prescribed quetipine 200 mg time released, and it is the most depressing medication I have ever been on, it's like a mental straight jacket for my mind, my psych said to try this for a while for my mental health problems of anxiety and insomnia, depression etc. before he'll consider giving me something like xanax or valium. I only take when absolutely necessary to sleep, but basically zombie next day. I personally loathe it.

I take it on occasion when there is nothing else that will put me to sleep. I typically take trazodone every night, but sometimes I still have breakthrough insomnia and either can't go to sleep, or can't stay asleep, or worse both.   It absolutely works,  but I do get somewhat of a hangover from it, namely not having much energy the next day. Also, like most antipsychotics it does cause weight gain, and I do notice an instant increase in my appetite when I am taking it.  The longest that I've ever been on it has been a month, and I gained 5 pounds.  

Of course not everyone experiences all of the side effects of any drug, but I know that this is one of the most common side effects of Seroquel. If you get a  prescription for it, you might want to renew that gym membership.  LOL! 

I take 150-200 mg every night. It works wonders for me. Nothing else worked, except benzos, but you know, tolerance...

I’m looking for a vendor who has Seroquel. Do you guys know any of them?

Thanks

There is a vendor in the password protected area who can get it, but you have to be a sponsor to access that. If you decide to donate you can pm me.

There is a vendor in the password protected area who can get it, but you have to be a sponsor to access that. If you decide to donate you can pm me.
Great! I want to pm you but I couldn’t do that. Would you please pm me?

@Butterfly I'm afraid that only sponsors can use the pm feature. It's only a $15 annual donation, just depends if it's worth it for you. 

I have been prescribed quetipine 200 mg time released, and it is the most depressing medication I have ever been on, it's like a mental straight jacket for my mind, my psych said to try this for a while for my mental health problems of anxiety and insomnia, depression etc. before he'll consider giving me something like xanax or valium. I only take when absolutely necessary to sleep, but basically zombie next day. I personally loathe it.
Just got prescribed that too but really just wanted legit script for xanax.  Thanks for the warning.  I saw it was like Seriquel and  yucch.  Tried gabapentin and melatonin. There’s a big difference in quality of melatonin and message me if you want thekind I recommend.  Melatonin and xanax works great too

Serequal is a quite usefull substanse it can come in handy during a stimulant comedown. I have learned to quite enjoy the relaxation and calm that comes with a sub antipsychotic dose. 25 - 50mg works primaraly on the antihistamine system and is like a very potent benadryl. The trick is getting the dose right. It also makes food so good 

The time's I've tried it I never fell asleep any easier. Once I was asleep though I stayed asleep for at least 12-14 hours. When I woke up it took a few more hours to even get my head straight from the grogginess. I'd avoid unless you just want to sleep for ages. 

I was recently prescribed Seroquel , I can honestly say it has given me my independence back. I can enjoy hikes/going out in public again. Not to mention the help with sleep I can now enjoy , it feels like by body and brain have gone through so much damage as a result of not being able to sleep. I know the experience isn't the same with everyone, but out of all the medications I've been prescribed this is the one that has given me actual relief and helped me the most. Even with physical pain (due to muscle tension from anxiety). My irrational thoughts seen to be held at bay. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back