seroxat / paxil aka paroxetine

meyerlansky

hi folks just wondering if anyone is currently on seroxat/paxil for gad and depression. I have been on it for

a lot of years and was wondering what your opinions are of this med....I feel the system becomes immune

to it after 5 yrs and now its pretty much locked into my system. many attempts to slow taper from this stuff

in liquid form has failed as the side effects are horrendous and fyi not a return of residual symptoms.

your views are most welcome.....

I’ve been on it for 22 years! Every time I’ve ever tried to Change meds or get off of it my anxiety comes back really bad. I feel it does nothing for my depression anymore but does help my anxiety. 

From my personal experience, that was the worst one I tried.  It did help with the anxiety to a certain extent, but was otherwise ineffective, not to mention a terrifying episode of serotonin syndrome.  Very scary.  Lexapro wasn't bad, but I don't even remember why I got off of it.  I'm pretty sure I still had a bit of an attitude towards SSRI's and would work to get off of them.  I gave in again as my life was in a down period and I had less reservations (feeling a little beat down).  I was put on the infamous Prozac.  Didn't feel real great about the idea.  But as it turned out, it worked for me very well.  I never even noticed it affecting negatively, ever.  Even during the buildup and through dosage changes.  I just know how it feels when I am not on it.  It's pretty much transparent in my life, and has been for a long time.  I have never been diagnosed with depression though, although sometimes I thought that's what it may be. However, I am currently under a diagnosis of bi-polar disorder, after being diagnosed with mania only.  Strange process until I read about.  Are you calling me a maniac, doc?  I don't think so.  But as with many things.  Many terms have a stigma attached to them and people form opinions without even really knowing even what it is.  It seems like that is changing for the better as time goes on, especially with mental problems, which are VERY common.

Best of luck,

chctwo

Also, it is a real pain to find one that works for you, kind of like the bi-polar meds.  Have patience and don't give up.  Don't give up on your doctor either, work through it with them, honestly.

regards,

chctwo

I just got prescribed Cymbalta and tried it, threw up for 3 days and now he wants me on Paxil.  I am just saying it  is working and sticking them in a drawer.  I know I'm depressed so I'm not in denial regarding that.  Wellbutrin was the best for about a month and then all I wanted to do was kill myself, same thing happened with another one.  I am in very bad grief and I think it's that, but it's also the PAWS syndrome thing that happens when you come off of opiates.  Truly, the only time I am happy is taking a small dose of Hi$$$dro

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back