Service Alerts Due to Weather

GungHo

Does anyone else have packages stuck at a major hub due to ice?  I have 2 stuck since Thursday night.  Since this was right after Trump's big announcement on allocating more money to scanning equipment for carriers I got worried about possible detection.  Still no movement and expected delivery changed to Pending.

Thanks!

Good day - apologies for a late reply but indeed, Memphis had the worst interruption I’ve ever seen - flight operations offline for two days to the airport code SAN (and others) and sorting problems too.  I know one letter that sat there from Friday AM at 12:05 and finally departed MEM at 5:56pm on Sunday afternoon.  It looks like they are all caught up as of 7am Monday morning.  Flightradar24 was invaluable during this time (you analyze the situation yourself) since customer service has no insights into these major service interruptions.

I am currently stuck at a smaller hub and I believe it is due to weather.  I dont think that they could get scanning equipment in place that quickly but who knows.....I know that particular area has a ton of snow right now so I am not exactly sure what is going on but that is my best guess.   Thank you @anthropod for that advice and I will definitely check it out.  I have never had a problem with this carrier before so who knows....their website is showing that all locations are operational but I am not sure how often that is updated.

@GungHo  any updates on your letters?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked one of the more popular shipping sites and they are experiencing massive nationwide delays so I guess that is what the hold up is.  The alert was posted after I made the above post.   Good luck everyone!

Does anyone else have packages stuck at a major hub due to ice?  I have 2 stuck since Thursday night.  Since this was right after Trump's big announcement on allocating more money to scanning equipment for carriers I got worried about possible detection.  Still no movement and expected delivery changed to Pending.

Thanks!
Any info on this "scanning equipment"??? I tried searching on Google and couldn't find anything 

@jo556   I just found an article and it is for scanning equipment at us ports of entry to detect fent.    It will be mainly used at ports and borders but they only allocated 9 million dollars for it and it likely wont impact the passage of letters within our country.  It is called the Interdict Act signed last week so it wont be in use prolly for another 2 years based on the speed our elected persons work.    So I would not be too terribly alarmed and I think most delays right now are weather related.   I have received 2 emails from the non clowns in brown saying Nationwide weather disruptions.....so lets keep our fingers crossed for some warmer temps soon!!

I am currently stuck at a smaller hub and I believe it is due to weather.  I dont think that they could get scanning equipment in place that quickly but who knows.....I know that particular area has a ton of snow right now so I am not exactly sure what is going on but that is my best guess.   Thank you @anthropod for that advice and I will definitely check it out.  I have never had a problem with this carrier before so who knows....their website is showing that all locations are operational but I am not sure how often that is updated.

@GungHo  any updates on your letters?
Yes, they finally started to move but then sat again over the weekend.  I finally received on Monday so it ended well, thankfully!  At least they weren't closed for MLK day!

@GungHo   Thanks for the update!  Mine is still sitting and I am now going to be in trouble if I dont receive in the next day or so.   Hopefully the backlog will not impact anything after today as the weather seems to push further north and east.  I am in the opposite direction and I cant figure out why it hasnt moved other than the backlog.  At least you got yours!!

Aint

Well things are moving again....very interesting and unusual but I am not complaining.  I think everything from tracking to the actual letter itself was slowed down by the weather.  Its crazy but no movement until mid morning then boom......on its way!!  I am kinda shocked that the backlog got cleared out that fast but hey I am not complaining.   This whole naming of the winter storms and the up and down temps has got to change....Its going to be near 70 where I am by the weekend and tonight it is going to be 25!   Global warming.....Yeah probably.   Extremes in parts of the country that usually experience mild winters.....Snow in Shreveport and parts of Texas??     Definitely weird....

Well things are moving again....very interesting and unusual but I am not complaining.  I think everything from tracking to the actual letter itself was slowed down by the weather.  Its crazy but no movement until mid morning then boom......on its way!!  I am kinda shocked that the backlog got cleared out that fast but hey I am not complaining.   This whole naming of the winter storms and the up and down temps has got to change....Its going to be near 70 where I am by the weekend and tonight it is going to be 25!   Global warming.....Yeah probably.   Extremes in parts of the country that usually experience mild winters.....Snow in Shreveport and parts of Texas??     Definitely weird....
lol im in the same area of the country as you and a pack of protein i ordered from google took 8 days to come from west coast that normally takes 2 days. Things just STOPPED from like the 17th-22nd..then boom, moved fast. It was because of the cold and ice. As you know, in our area when things get a lil icy the WHOLE STATE shuts down. lol.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back