severe migrains

• Thread starter Thread starter ben zoe
  • Start date Start date
B

ben zoe

I have tried everything under the sun for my migraine as trivial as topomax doc. Prescribed butibital and FIOROSET.WITH LITTLE OR NO RESULTS. I have run the gambit of opioid analgesics. The only one that worked is illegal everywhere so that can't be a long term med. What has worked to my amazement is botox . it can only be prescribed by a doc but without insurance it is very expensive and has to be repeated monthly but it will cost so much $$ but that is only my personal experience. I have from these horrid migraine for so long I'd like to here what others have experienced. Thanx Ben zoe

Headaches.  I have been fighting migraines, ice-picks, and cluster headaches (a complete misnomer....they are headaches in that labor pains are tummy aches).  I'm basically a neurological mess.  My neurologist is fantastic and has worked with me for a number of years and we've finally stumbled on a mixture that works for me most of the time.  

Sumatriptan is a vaso-dilator (spelling?...I mean, it shrinks the blood vessels) and stadol nose spray.  Stadol itself is the brand name and isn't really made anymore, but it's easier to say than Butorphanal Tartrate and is still known by most doctors as Stadol.  Stadol is a narcotic but, for me anyway, it doesn't feel like one.  I use it and the pain goes away...end of story.

since Congress has started targeting doctors who prescribe narcotics, you'll find it difficult in the U.S. To find one who help you.  Good luck!

I've actually tried stadol b4 and I was puking for about 3 days. This was actually the first opiate I have ever tried and I thought I was gonna die I'm glad it works for you though. I have not seen In a few years though actuall about 15 years. I used to give it to my friend wen he was sick but after my experience I was scared of it myself. If you have not tried botox I would at consider it . I went from 5 to 6 migraine headaches a day to none . but if it works don't fix it

Opiates and Bulbital plus lots of sleep will eventually kick them for me. Tordol IV at ER was great one time - until I realized the next day I was allergic. That was god awful, I won't touch that crap with a ten foot pole now. I seriously think there is a link between women who have been on birth control for years and migraines. I never ever used to get them till after years of BC use and they have only gotten worse in time. 

I have had them since I was 11 years old and they have gotten worse over the years.  We have tried all kinds of preventative meds as well as abortive and pain meds. Currently I average 3 debilitating headaches a week which means I am pulling out the abortive and pain meds and hoping I have caught it in time.  ( I usually have a 20 min window to catch it.)  Over the years I have seen a bunch of different neurologists but we haven't had much luck preventing them, so its now about pain mgmt.  Unfortunately, most everyone here knows how Dr's hands continuously get tied tighter in their ability to assist us.  So I supplement as needed.  Someone mentioned botox..  That is in my future, as soon as we can convince insurance that it's necessary... 

At least the sumitriptan and pain meds work eventually for me.. most of the time.  I just sometimes lose several days of work.  Needless to say, that doesn't go over well at the job.

In my family, there is definitely a link, as all my siblings get them. Both my parents and my maternal grandmother and great-grandmother got them, and sadly, I have passed this lovely trait on to both of my kids.

So for anyone who suffers from them, I can truly relate.  I can't begin to tell you how many birthdays, family get togethers, holidays, special events and just fun time with my kids that I missed over the years because of migraine.  

But every month, I go back to my doc because I have to believe that there will be a cure or, if not, something that will improve my quality of life. Until that day.. I will be here making sure that I am never without the supplement I need!

I do a lot of research, I've had these migraines for about 25 years now. I am in bed, cold washcloth on my eyes, head throbbing like the worst hangover you every had, and throwing up, for 8 to 12 hours. Fiorinal with Codeine works best for me IF I am able to go to a dark bedroom and chill - it numbs it enough to be tolerable, if I don't throw up the pills as soon as I take them (usually 2 capsules every 4 hours.) Nothing else has any effect at all. Preventatives haven't worked, I've been to headache clinics in a couple of states.

And my doctor refuses to script me enough Fiorianal to last for the year. Even though I get zero buzz or euphoria from them (after having taken them for so long.) And I can't find them anywhere on the board here.

Could be worse of course, could be a lot of bad diseases, cancer, whatever, but when you have one it's hard to imagine it being worse!

I will reply more to this when I have longer. I have had migraines since I was 10 years old!!!! I've tried everything. I still be them from time,to time so I know how bad they can be. laying down makes mine worse. if you can take a sleeping pill and sleep with ur head elevated that really helps!!!! everyone is different though

I went to my sub doctor and he gave me Fior with code in it it actually worked but messed up my thinking

Well, the good news is that supposedly migraine episodes decrease as we get olded. Hasn't happened for me yet though!

At the end only Relpax helped me over the day. I have tried EVERYTHING else before

relpax makes me throw up so it doesn't help. ahh nobody can relate to this pain unless they suffer as well.

I do a lot of research, I've had these migraines for about 25 years now. I am in bed, cold washcloth on my eyes, head throbbing like the worst hangover you every had, and throwing up, for 8 to 12 hours. Fiorinal with Codeine works best for me IF I am able to go to a dark bedroom and chill - it numbs it enough to be tolerable, if I don't throw up the pills as soon as I take them (usually 2 capsules every 4 hours.) Nothing else has any effect at all. Preventatives haven't worked, I've been to headache clinics in a couple of states.

And my doctor refuses to script me enough Fiorianal to last for the year. Even though I get zero buzz or euphoria from them (after having taken them for so long.) And I can't find them anywhere on the board here.

Could be worse of course, could be a lot of bad diseases, cancer, whatever, but when you have one it's hard to imagine it being worse!
thereis a place that will send them c.o.d. minus the codeen I found it here just look under the ones that still do c.o.d. they even remind you when it is time to refill

thereis a place that will send them c.o.d. minus the codeen I found it here just look under the ones that still do c.o.d. they even remind you when it is time to refill
Well, I don't think they will work very will if they don't have the codeen in them.

This is old but I wanted to comment on this:

For about 5 years I woke up with migraines every day (literally), I had no injuries, no cavities, no - nothing.  I went to a neurologist after it became so severe that it was robbing me of my young life.  What was it? 

I had adult braces and during that time a person (ex) beat me near death. Now the braces saved my teeth but the root absorbed the pressure and they died. Xrays didn't catch this for a decade and I have no idea how or why. I required 3 root canals and will need 3 more with veneers to get bruised and dying pulp back to good.  After the first 3 were done I've had ZERO. What I did before that was take vivarin (or store brand otc caffeine pills) before my feet hit the floor in the am.  The jolt of this would open the capillaries in the brain and diminish it to a headache that I would take aleve for. I did this a long time and still do caffeine the same as I am now addicted to that lol

My point is: See a dentist for a panoramic because it could be your roots / pulp OR it could be nasal / breathing at night OR TMJ *grinding teeth due to stress

Try the caffeine pills and 1 aleve 

Migraines are the worst, but I'm really glad you found the source of yours. Good advice you've given. Doctors always ask if you notice any 'triggers' and if the answer is 'no' then they really should make more of an effort to have a person explore other areas that could be the catalyst for a migraine.

My profile picture is a self-portrait of me with a migraine. Not really, lol, I worked really hard on that pic to capture my true essence. ;)

I started experiencing migraines at the ripe old age of 10. I just remember feeling like the room was spinning, getting nauseous and having this pounding in my head that hurt my eyes and my whole face. My teachers never believed me and it wasn't until I told my aunt that at around 11yo that anything was done. She and my other aunt had them for many years, back when they did the shots for them. When I went to the pediatrician they gave me Tylenol with codeine and I just remember the first time one started sneaking up on me and I took the prescription for the first time, I was able to actually go lay down and sleep it off. Laying down has ALWAYS made a lot of mine worse, especially the ones that wake me up in the middle of the night?. 

My daughters first one was at FIVE years old and when it started I could tell right away what it was, even though at that age she didn't know how to explain it other than "I'm gonna throw up" and "it hurts behind my eyes mommy". She is now 13 and already knows the med routine, she has one med round for if she catches it in time and one for if it has already gotten to far into it to use the abortive meds. 

Another side note, I was put on BC pills at age 13 due to having cycles that would last right at 2 weeks and having cramps so bad I would miss days of school at a time each month. After several years on those I not only knew what a migraine was but also had the "pleasure" of now knowing what an aura was. Now at 32 years old and after being off of ALL birth control methods (other than natural) for over 4 years I do not suffer from auras at all (knock on wood) and only suffer from the occasional migraine, 2-5 per month. But when I do get them they are still excruciating. 

I hope and pray that one day they find a cure to rid the world of migraines!! No one deserves to live like that and my heart goes out to each and everyone of y'all suffering from them!

I stopped getting migraines when I lost weight. They were awful, but always good to kill two birds with one bottle of birdkiller.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back