Shiny New Member

Hey! I'm new here, obviously. A little about me- I'm 30, happily married for almost 9 years now, and I have 2 beautiful daughters (ages 3 and 2). Like flipping a light switch, I had chronic hemipelegic migraines start during the 2nd trimester of the pregnancy with my first. Ever since then, I've had average of 4-6 migraines per week. Seeing a neurologist who specializes in migraines and have tried many things so far, but nothing that really seems to make a big impact. We will continue trying, but in the meantime, here I am. I had to quit working as a dental hygienist because of the migraines and am in the process of applying for disability, but still waiting for a hearing. Ughhh. Anyways, glad to have found this forum and y'all. Hope y'all are having a blessed day!

Last edited by a moderator:
@OllivandersMama Welcome to the community and I wish you good fortune on the turnout of your hearing. I hope you will find some of the help and support you may need in this family. We have some really wonderful people here.

Hope you find some relief and good luck to you with disability, don’t give up like I did years back and now have to start over the process . It can be a very long process but worth it in the end! ❤️

Hello. I don’t know much about hemipelegic migraines in particular, but considering they started suddenly during pregnancy, it might be hormone related. Hormonal treatment greatly reduced my own chronic migraines, so if nothing else is working it might be worth looking into. Even though you weren’t asking for advice, I wanted to share since most neurologists don’t try this route in treatment. Hope no offense was caused. Either way I wish you the best of luck.

Welcome. This siye seems a little lackluster. But it is a wealth of information and informed people

@Ipon @hellfee @J123fe @Josepagini

Thanks y'all! Sorry I'm just now replying. This site is pretty confusing for me and honestly I had no idea how to get back here until now. But thanks for the support and encouragement! To answer a couple of your questions, I did finally get a SSD Hearing for Dec 16th, so yay!! 🤞 As for my migraines being hormonal, we haven't TOTALLY written that off, but that was first road we went down for testing etc. , but unfortunately no answers so far. And definitely no offense at all! I'm almost to the point where I'm ok to never really know what's causing them. From other people with these kinds of migraines, I've heard from their extensive research that there can be a gene that we are born with that will either trigger randomly at some point in our life or in some people, it never reveals itself. I don't know.

@Ipon @hellfee @J123fe @Josepagini

Thanks y'all! Sorry I'm just now replying. This site is pretty confusing for me and honestly I had no idea how to get back here until now. But thanks for the support and encouragement! To answer a couple of your questions, I did finally get a SSD Hearing for Dec 16th, so yay!! 🤞 As for my migraines being hormonal, we haven't TOTALLY written that off, but that was first road we went down for testing etc. , but unfortunately no answers so far. And definitely no offense at all! I'm almost to the point where I'm ok to never really know what's causing them. From other people with these kinds of migraines, I've heard from their extensive research that there can be a gene that we are born with that will either trigger randomly at some point in our life or in some people, it never reveals itself. I don't know.
@OllivandersMama Yay for a hearing! Someone i know was recently accepted for disability for severe recurring migraines.  And hemiplegic migraines are so scary. Hopefully you have found at least some relief since your last post!! 

And as far as this forum being confusing, i'm not sure if you've tried using it with a laptop/desktop but i find it makes a lot more sense in that format than a mobile.  It also helps if you go in your account settings and play with your notifications so that you are alerted when people post on your topics or message you and whatnot.  I really really hope you get accepted for disability and that you have at least some relief!!! Good luck and stay strong!

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back