Shoutbox

thatoneperson

I just officially joined a few days ago and I already love the site but I don't understand what the shoutbox is could someone please explain. thanks

I just officially joined a few days ago and I already love the site but I don't understand what the shoutbox is could someone please explain. thanks
I'd be glad to, if you would be so kind as to answer a question for me. What exactly are you trying to accomplish with all of the one letter / single character posts that have now been removed?

yeah sorry about that, I had to pm someone about something urgent and in order to message someone you have to had posted at least 20 times. I tried to find an older forum that looked dead so I wouldn't disrupt any ones conversations. my apologies.

yeah sorry about that, I had to pm someone about something urgent and in order to message someone you have to had posted at least 20 times. I tried to find an older forum that looked dead so I wouldn't disrupt any ones conversations. my apologies.
Oh, I see. The board rules created an inconvenience for you, so you decided to subvert them in order to send an "urgent" PM. Fair enough then. I appreciate your honesty, and in return, I will be honest with you. Admin establishes rules for this board for a reason, among them the safety and security of all members, and unfortunately, having an urgent PM need doesn't constitute acceptable grounds to knowingly violate them. The matter will be refered to admin.

Well done brother Hooter, well done. I'd say that about sums it up. As I'm a man of my word, however, I also owe our new member a formal explanation of the shout box, so here it is. The shout box is an add-on module to the board's software platform that provides members a place to make comments, announcements and / or to ask general questions that don't necessarily need / warrant their own thread. For example, "Good evening, has anyone heard from Hooter lately?", or something as simple as "Happy 4th of July Everyone!". The primary purpose of the shout box is to have questions or comments immediately visible to everyone without having to search through threads, even those who go no further than the home page. The term "shout" is used, as everything posted via the shout box is "louder" than other thread-based posts, in a manner of speaking, since it would in theory be noticed sooner than if it were placed in the general forums.

Hopefully that explanation does the job, in tandem with Hooter's video offering, LOL, but if there are any further questions, I would be glad to try and answer them.

Oh, I see. The board rules created an inconvenience for you, so you decided to subvert them in order to send an "urgent" PM. Fair enough then. I appreciate your honesty, and in return, I will be honest with you. Admin establishes rules for this board for a reason, among them the safety and security of all members, and unfortunately, having an urgent PM need doesn't constitute acceptable grounds to knowingly violate them. The matter will be refered to admin.
Amen brother. And while I have to say this based on experience, not being the one to get the PM, I'd have to guess the urgent PM was something that would have fit in the "Who has it, and where?" thread. Don't get us wrong, as Jewy showed in his conciliatory second reply, we don't intend to make people feel like they're being jumped on. But getting a PM asking that is almost as annoying as my futile attempts to dates here. That being said, if it hasn't already been expressed, let me say welcome aboard. And don't worry, with that avatar and my current lack of ambien, I won't invite you to the carnival. /default_wink.png 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back