Sleep!! Recovery is everything, fix it for maximum gains.

Hammerblow

Spammers
We all know how important sleep is to building the body of your dreams, but for many of us the quality of sleep that we need is easier said than done. I for one absolutely cannot sleep without medication unfortunately. Alpha-wave intrusion is what I am diagnosed with. I am always looking for new things to try and alleviate my need for sleep meds and the latest I have been looking at has been researching acupuncture meridians and meridian time flow.

The short and nasty with the meridian time flow is that the body functions like a clock and certain things happen based upon the time of day, essentially a circadian cycle. If certain times of this meridian flow are being interrupted, this can be used to help nail down and treat illnesses. So let’s put this to work with our sleep cycle if you are having issues sleeping well.

First off, let’s define what is a good night’s sleep is so we are all on the same page here? A good night’s sleep means we should be falling asleep easy, not waking up until the morning, and have plenty of energy when we do wake up. So, if you’re having trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, waking up, or God forbid all the above, it is a sign that you have issues you need to deal with to get back to sleeping soundly.

Ok, now let’s just assume we should be getting a good 8hrs of sleep every night. Let’s start with a 10pm bedtime. Like I mentioned, waking up now at different times of the night can be indicative of a certain problem that needs to be addressed to help get you back to sleeping soundly. These are the things you may want to try and address based upon if you are not sleeping soundly.

Waking up from 11pm-1am is usually a sign of something messed up with your sugar/glucose levels. Nasty cortisol is likely spiking in an effort to balance your sugar levels in the bloodstream. Here is something you can do to try and fix this problem. Include more veggies in your diet and eliminate sugary foods closer to bedtime, i.e. no high GI carbs or just try eliminating all carbs before bed. The other thing is your last meal before bed may be just too large, so tone it down if need be or just don’t eat before bed and see if that corrects it.

Waking up from 1am-3am is a sign of liver toxicity. Liver detox is a priority for you. Try laying off the orals and get on some liver supps.

3am-5am is usually a sign of oxidative stress. Get a good multi-vit and take some antioxidants.

Waking up from 5am-7am is usually related to the large intestine and/or, hang on here, the triple warmer meridian. Usually though, if this is around the time you normally wake up to go to your daily grind, it really shouldn’t be a concern.

Now the silver lining here is that are natural ways to improve your sleep and obviously your health at the same time. Some of the simplest and most effective ways to help improve sleep are making sure you have adequate nutrient levels of magnesium and zinc, D3 and eliminate stimulating activities immediately before bed such as TV, the computer, or being on your phone. I think it is has something to do with the blue light those devices emit that fire up the brain and make it hard to sleep afterwards. So get your nutrients in order, stay off the phone and computer before bed and consider the suggestions above if you are waking up during the night to hopefully get you back to sleeping soundly again and maximizing your gains.

Good advice. Why i try to eat my dinner and have my coffee before 7pm . And cutting back on any sugar or stimulants at that time also. It helps but chronic anxiety and typical life issues is my main issue. 

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. Lifestyle outside the gym is arguably more important than what you do inside.

Any other topics pics you want me to cover just let me know.

Peace

Agreed H. Diet is 90% and all that but you need to look after your body in every aspect. 

I'm definitely guilty of not getting enough sleep, partly due to being a poor sleeper. If I have caffeine after 12pm I'm not sleeping that night! 

Some advice on optimal vitamins/nutrients would be good mate. I take a multivitamin but don't currently take any zinc/magnesium supps etc

Diet is everything mate, then gym, recovery and aas are just the icing on the cake. 

Leave vitamins/nutrients with me buddy I’ll write up an article on what I take and what is optimal for most people. You don’t have to take too many, a lot of it is a scam by the supplement industry to brainwash you into thinking you absolutely need to be taking an absolute stack at ££££ a month for it. But there are definitely are a few that have been scientifically proven to be of benefit for guys like us and just for good general overall health. A good multivitamin being one so you’ve made the right start! 

Ps. Lessen the caffeine it’s a tough withdrawal but if you can then you can learn to maximise it when you really need it. 

As always great advice! I have had trouble sleeping my whole life, which is happening rn (writing this at 5:30 am and haven't slept). I have tried a nootropic, which helps rather significantly, called phenibut; however this drug can be addictive. Phenibut anxiolytic (Or anti-anxiety) that has been prescribed in Russia Since the 1960s to treat insomnia, depression, and other illnesses (both mental and physical). It has not been approved for use by the FDA or, as far as I know other countries. However, phenibut is a legal substance in the u.s. and is easily obtainable. I have not been taking it as it is a bit to powerful for my taste, but I believe it is worth a shot if anyone is having trouble sleeping as many others sing it praise. Anyways, thank you again for the great advice Hammerblow!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back