Snap out of it!

• Thread starter Thread starter CodyKowl
  • Start date Start date
C

CodyKowl

Snap out of it! Don't be so lazy! Just get your ass off the couch and go to the gym! ..... those are a few of the things I would hear when I was suffering from depression. And... those are some things I said before i knew what depression really was. I was never quite the same guy after my bout with depression. There are good days and bad days ... good months bad days but until you experience it yourself you have no clue, no clue! I used to see the docs and do the meds but F that ... too many docs write out an Rx for anti-depressants and are not up to speed or qualified to treat mental health. 

One in 10 Americans suffer from depression, 121 million around the world .... if it's you, get help, if think someone close to you is then please reach out. Life is not perfect but "this is not as good as it gets"

http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/statistics-infographic 

Last edited:
there is alot of suppliments that help you keep in a positive mood....as an alternative or to add to meds as long as ur doctor says its ok...

I so love the vitamin shop...

Snap out of it! Don't be so lazy! Just get your ass off the couch and go to the gym! ..... those are a few of the things I would hear when I was suffering from depression. And... those are some things I said before i knew what depression really was. I was never quite the same guy after my bout with depression. There are good days and bad days ... good months bad days but until you experience it yourself you have no clue, no clue! I used to see the docs and do the meds but F that ... too many docs write out an Rx for anti-depressants and are not up to speed or qualified to treat mental health. 

One in 10 Americans suffer from depression, 121 million around the world .... if it's you, get help, if think someone close to you is then please reach out. Life is not perfect but "this is not as good as it gets"

http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/statistics-infographic 
I agree with you about going to they Gym to help defeat your depression. Especially if you happen to be overweight. Being overweight could be a cause of depression in itself because it can cause low self-esteem and poor self confidence. I was overweight for a period of time in my life and I can attest that going to the gym and losing weight certainly did lift my spirits. Of course there is much more to the root causes of depression than just self perception problems. External factors such as problems with family and friends, unemployment, and a general over all disproportionate feeling of sadness over happiness due to your life's circumstances is what causes depression in my opinion. The worst case of depression is when you start to feel hopeless and believe that you will never be able to change the things that are causing your depression. That is a terrible state of mind to be in, and also it's a false belief to think that nothing will ever change in your life for the better. In order to defeat your depression you have to believe that you can make the changes necessary to let you live a happy life. If you fall into the trap of feeling hopeless and believe nothing will ever change, then you will most likely never be able to cure your depression. As long as you are alive there is always hope that things can change in your life for the better. You have to believe that anything is possible and then you can start working on identifying what the sources of your depression are and how you can go about fixing those problems. The key to defeating depression is to gain control over your mind and be in control of your emotions. If you allow your emotions to take control of your life then your mental state will be like a roller coaster ride with tons of ups and downs and unpredictable shifts in your mood. Once you can control your emotions you can train yourself to be in a stable and positive mood, and feel confident that you can deal with whatever external factors you may be facing that are dampening your spirits. In order to be healthy you have to stay positive and truly have the belief that all problems can be solved and nothing is impossible. You have to believe that there is always hope in any negative situation and that you are capable of tackling these situations. If you can train yourself to believe that you are not completely hopeless you will be able to deal with your problems without fear or panic. If you let yourself become overcome by fear then you are likely to fall into a state of depression. Not allowing fear to take over your mind is a key step to gaining control over your attitude, emotions, and your mood. In some cases that feeling of fear and hopelessness can be so intense that they do have to reach out and get help. There are medications out there which can help you see that the way you are feeling maybe based on a false perception of reality and that your mood can be changed if you learn how to look at things in the right way. 

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw this thread, this idiot came to mind instantly. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykvC3QXJb18

And this "snap out of it" sounds like just my parents, when I was younger, when I didn't even have energy to leave the bed or let alone the house all day. I had them come to me for a visit to my psych doctor at the time, and he explained them how depression works, but they still thought I was just lazy, and this depression just an excuse to get a job and do something with my life. I gave up, and one of my better days, I had moved out, and became a functioning depressed (now Bipolar) guy, with a great blue collar job. 

I know it's an old thread, but good luck to you OP.

Couldn't believe that idiot on you tube. I mean he probably means well, seems like a nice guy but he has absolutely NO IDEA what he's talking about and it's not helpful to perpetuate the myth that you can "choose not be depressed". 

I have been through a huge list of antidepressants, from SSRIs to beta blockers, honestly I couldn't even remember everything that my doctor has prescribed for me to try. Effexor most recently.... which did absolutely nothing for me. Right now the only thing that truly helps me is yoga, becoming really active with learning how to "jam Skate" ( artistic roller skating/tricks,etc.), losing weight (I'm 5'3" and went from 160 to 105).... and very clean, healthy eating ( that means different things for different people, for me it meant a paleo diet and going kerogenic a couple times per month). Lots of water, no soda/junk food, low carb intake (NO sugar other than the rare special occasion). I'm not going to say my depression is gone, it's not. But  most of the time I can function and even have my good days when I feel very little depression. I used to live in a constant state of lethargy, negativity and  I just had a huge case of the fuck its. I have a lot of home stress, a severely disabled child with cerebral palsy/epilepsy/developmental delays (he has the  developmental age of a one-year-old but he's actually 18), an 8 year old,  and art related home business I share with my husband, a marriage that has issues...and to top it off I'm an addict going through a slow taper from some serious meds ( I am convinced that the medication in and of itself is one of the root causes of my depression... Suboxone). I have anxiety/panic attacks, those started when  was very young and accelerated when my son's seizures began.  My husband thinks I'm simply stuck in the "mindset" of having anxiety  and depression issues. " Force yourself to smile!"... sometimes I just want to scream when he says that to me. It's easy to say  crap like that from the outside, but he is not in my head or a living my emotional life. When I skate, most of the time, my anxiety and depression melt away and I feel completely free.  This isn't always the case, but more often than not. I still wonder if finding the right antidepressant would help me. I have no idea. I still have those days where I just have zero motivation to move, work or do much of anything besides a lay around like a couch potato with my own personal black rain cloud over my head.  I am far from an expert on depression! Probably the opposite.  I just saw this thread and thought that I would share my own personal experiences.  Now I have to go watch that YouTube video that someone posted!  I am working very hard to get off of the medication, and I'm very curious to see how I feel when my detox is complete. I've been on one form of opiod maintenance for 20 years now. 

My ex used to ALLWAYS say that all the clichés as many above have mentioned are the LAST thing a person with depression problems needs/want to hear.She suffers from depression,PDST anxiety and insomnia to name a few!.However sometimes she wouldn't leave the house for months at a time,I would try and get her out even for a short walk round the block with the dog and even that was a struggle for her.I do however think that staying in for such long periods made her worse and in the end I just couldn't cope with her or her conditions any longer and ended the relashionship.I was getting depressed myself and aswell as working full time I would do EVERYTHING for her and I thought instead of helping her conditions I was making them worse as in the end she was doing basically nothing.Some may say I was being selfish but for my own sanity I had to get out of the relationship😢.

Bliss.. . 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back