Soma, Carisoprodol, wtf?

Baddr

So been trying to find a legit source for US brand Soma. I've tried both ProSoma and Pain-o-Soma foreign brands which most of the vendors here offer and compared to the old Activis/Watson brand they seem pretty much inactive, maybe a slight placebo effect.

So I have been searching far and wide for the Activis brand, I found one vendor who offers US brand Soma but they cannot garuntee it will be Activis brand.

So I thought I'd ask for some opinions on what the next best brand would be.

I don't take Soma daily, but I might use it 2 or 3(max) nights a week because it helps me sleep. So I don't believe tolerance is the issue here, as I can still take an Activis/Watson brand and get full effects.

Edit: Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm not saying ProSoma or Pain-o-Soma are fake, but for me they do absolutely nothing, the same dose of Activis/Watson brand gives me full effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a secret, but found on wikipedia, I think. If you take an 81mg "Baby Aspirin" 30 minutes before taking any soma, it will activate the enzyme in the Cytochrome P450 system in the liver responsible for converting the carisoprodol into more meprobomate (a mild to moderate barbituate). Passed out so many times until I learned that less is more. It's a great potentiator, but only take one baby aspirin until you find your needed relief. Hope this helps you out.

If you live in the US, you could just try going to a doctor, I’ve never had any problem getting carisoprodol prescribed (I do have some mild pre existing injuries but nothing serious). Then just call around to your pharmacies in your area until you find one that carries Actavis brand and there ya go.

If you live in the US, you could just try going to a doctor, I’ve never had any problem getting carisoprodol prescribed (I do have some mild pre existing injuries but nothing serious). Then just call around to your pharmacies in your area until you find one that carries Actavis brand and there ya go.
Good advice! I’ve yet to come up w/ a plausible reason for my doc to not look at me like I’m crazy when I mention ktzz feel free to post any suggestions, a lower back strain, carpal tunnel etc. hasn’t helped. Thanks!

@KeithDavid In my personal experience getting a doc to prescribe Soma is pretty difficult. I have a bulging disc pushing into my nerve in my spine. Doctors started with flexeril, I complained of no relief. They switched me to robaxin, I complained of no relief. They added meloxicam, I complained of no relief. They added Tramadol, I complained of no relief. They added Tylenol 3's, I said it helped slightly with the pain however I still needed a better muscle relaxant. They tried metaxalone, baclofen, and tizanidine. After trying basically every muscle relaxant other than Soma I complained I still wasn't getting relief. They said it just seemed like no muscle relaxants were working for me, at this point I claimed I had searched google and heard of one they hadn't tried yet called Soma. The doctor insisted that Soma was a drug of abuse and caused intoxication and didn't want to prescribe it. She said since the Tylenol 3's were working she could double my dose of those. The doctor literally offered to double my codeine script rather than prescribe Soma. I also had an occupational therapist as this injury was preexisting but the major contributing factor was lifting things at work. Neither my primary care, nor occupational therapist, nor pain management clinic would prescribe me Soma. I know this is just one person's experience with a handful of doctors, but I thought I'd share. For me it seems near impossible to get a valid Soma prescription. I remember before it was scheduled getting 180 Watson brand Somas delivered 2 day shipping for like $90. Now it is scheduled and other than foreign countries is very difficult for me personally to get.

@Mary79 i commiserate with you. All my disks are herniated and I have Sciatica I get epidurals every year the 3 shot series helps but I have never been able to get them. Even when I flipped my car on Route 27 in NorCal I was hurt so bad and never prescribed. I have a neighbor that gets them but she's in her 80's . BTW my daughter called me a Senior Citizen. I said no puppy for you I am not eligible for medicare for years!

@KeithDavid In my personal experience getting a doc to prescribe Soma is pretty difficult. I have a bulging disc pushing into my nerve in my spine. Doctors started with flexeril, I complained of no relief. They switched me to robaxin, I complained of no relief. They added meloxicam, I complained of no relief. They added Tramadol, I complained of no relief. They added Tylenol 3's, I said it helped slightly with the pain however I still needed a better muscle relaxant. They tried metaxalone, baclofen, and tizanidine. After trying basically every muscle relaxant other than Soma I complained I still wasn't getting relief. They said it just seemed like no muscle relaxants were working for me, at this point I claimed I had searched google and heard of one they hadn't tried yet called Soma. The doctor insisted that Soma was a drug of abuse and caused intoxication and didn't want to prescribe it. She said since the Tylenol 3's were working she could double my dose of those. The doctor literally offered to double my codeine script rather than prescribe Soma. I also had an occupational therapist as this injury was preexisting but the major contributing factor was lifting things at work. Neither my primary care, nor occupational therapist, nor pain management clinic would prescribe me Soma. I know this is just one person's experience with a handful of doctors, but I thought I'd share. For me it seems near impossible to get a valid Soma prescription. I remember before it was scheduled getting 180 Watson brand Somas delivered 2 day shipping for like $90. Now it is scheduled and other than foreign countries is very difficult for me personally to get.
Wow, I’m so sorry to hear about your pain & the bulging disc against your spinal nerve 😞 It sounds awful, I hope u are able to get relief & feel better. Thanks for the info on ur Soma ordeal, I remember the 180 priority before 2012, those were the days. Considering the 1/2 life is 2.5hrs I still don’t get why MD’s are so afraid to prescribe it. Tylenol 3’s have codeine which is much more addictive, surprising your doc preferred upping that to soma. I’d rather have the Ty3’s myself, I’d go through soma’s quickly but they’re good for a lot of things besides just muscle relaxing. Hopefully some other places will start carrying it considering it’s less than 10 cents cost per pill to make. Thanks again & hopefully your pain subsides. 

@Mary79 Soma isn't actually a muscle relaxer.  Doctor's used to think so years ago.  But it is metabolized to meprobamate which is a tranquilizer.  It is similar to barbiturates like Seconal, Tuinal, and Fiorinal.  These are addictive medications that can lead to seizures and hallucinations upon cessation.  Also, Soma is short acting which makes especially problematic.  It wears off quickly and leads to sedative withdrawal and leads to more compulsive use than a longer acting sedative.

@Clarissa That makes sense on why I can't get anyone to prescribe it. The crazy thing is, it is the best thing for my sciatica, it helps more than most opiates.

@Mary79 Some doctor's are respectful of your preferences and will prescribe it to you because that's what works.  I had a similar problem.  I wasn't diagnosed with ADD until I was very old (like 16-17) and I said I tried Adderall before and it worked for me, but no one would prescribe it so instead I spent years of trail and error on Concerta, Ritalin, Strattera, Zoloft, and every other "off-label" drug available.  It was a nightmare.  Around the same time I went to see a new PCP and told him my situation and he pretty much said "Well if Adderall works for you then I have no problem prescribing it".  Until this day he still prescribes it for me.  So either you can try to see a bunch of different doctors or you have a bunch of options here on DBG.

Like Adderall, Soma is somewhat (or more) controversial so I can definitely relate to you and I know how frustrating it is.  I just got lucky to find this PCP, but it doesn't hurt to keep trying.

@Baddrpain o s0m@ is about as good as it gets the 500mg ones are what i get an they feel like less that a usa 350mg tab but take 4-6 of the 500mg pain o s0m@ and try and tell me theres not c@ris0pr0d0l in there and there dirt cheap (usually under a dollar) so i settle for them 

Last edited by a moderator:
There are also the Mexican Somacid brand from the SY vendors.  I'm not a big Soma user, but they seem strong to me.

Does anyone know the interaction with somas and benzos? Ive taken benzos this weekend for anxiety relief and help with sleep but was wondering if I would be good to take soma tonight before bed? 

Depends on your tolerance & how long you've been on this ride.  Better to be cautious & skip it truthfully.

I've been thinking about getting some for a while. I tried pain o a few years ago. Could use some help which vendor offers it to the US.

I've been thinking about getting some for a while. I tried pain o a few years ago. Could use some help which vendor offers it to the US.
i'm not a fan of pain-o-soma or any of the indian brands but I think our friend Moda might stock it domestically. there are also many SY vendors that have mexican somacid which is much much much better than any of the indian stuff IMO

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back