Soma Home Drug Test

halflife

Hi,

Anyone seen a Soma Home Drug Test kit or test strips out there anywhere?

Now that it's suddenly become a "drug of concern" you'd think...

Yes, they do test for it Last drug test I had was for 46 different substances (from anti-seizure meds to psychadelics I haven't even thought of since the 60's).

1/2

I've never seen an at home test but from my days working for lab corp I know it exists like you said, they can test for metabolites of anything.

That being said it shouldn't show up in a standard 6-panel (with Benzos obviously included) despite it metabolizing into meprobamate (which although very similar technically is not a benzodiazepine) & also something called carbamate. Since this was a field of expertise of mine for awhile many moons ago my friend I can tell you & others what most benzo urine screens are looking for (or atleast the standard 6-panel test):

• Oxazepam (Serax, Valium, Prazepam, Restoril)
  • Nordiazepam (Valium, Restoril)
  • α-hydroxyalprazolam (Xanax)
  • Conjugated glucornides in urine or serum (they constitute a major proportion of the metabolites of many phenols, alcohols, and carboxylic acids: aka many benzos and booze obviously)
When any of these show up, particularly the first 3 then it is a definite positive. Conjugated glucornides in abnormal amounts can be caused by kidney excretion problems rarely but they can tell by other urine features if this is the case. Generally in this case the drug testing company will show a positive which can be disputed by the costly GS/MS test and gas spectroscopy WILL usually show the metabolites responsible (although a few: clonazepam, bromazepam, & triazolam) require testing of the glucuronide sample by reverse-phase liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry in urine samples in these very hard to catch benzos.

Klonopin/Rivotril shows up as 7-aminoclonazepam, Bromazepam as 3-hydroxy-bromazepam, Halcion as Î±-hydroxytriazolam. More than likely a lab will very very VERY rarely go this far and if you have these benzos the GS/MS likely won't reveal them from a 6-panel urine screen. A hospital of course will go this far ($) and find the culprit.

Soma (Carisoprodol) is hard to detect though. Meprobamate as well (especially since it is SO old and doesnt chemically fit the muscle relaxants included in a 10+ panel or benzos included in a 6-panel), has no active or tested for metabolites AFAIK and wont show up in even a 12-panel. Oddly though Soma, in a mall percentage of the population will show up as Morphine as all things but if it does order a GS-MS to disprove this easily because even today Carisoprodol won't easily show up (if it ever has) in spectrometry testing. 

Sorry to go off track man, I'm a pharma nerd. Now something that tests for 46 substances (this sounds like a probation test, no?) will indeed show Carisoprodol as well as things like Quetiapine (Seroquel) etc. and are usually used to ensure someone is taking their medicine at the correct level or at all.

In the research I've done in the past like 40 minutes I can't find any sort of OTC Take Home Soma drug tests.

Hope I've helped brother. GL.

I was under the impression a GS-MS showed practically any type of drug if they were looking for it. It's amazing what I've managed to learn today. /default_smile.png Just on this forum too.

Yeah it's pretty crazy man.

Theoretically it is possible as technology increases rapidly but I've never heard of it happening even once, it is very unlikely to be confirmed on a follow up GS/MS.

Oh the world of science.

Thanks for enlightening me so, Pyrazolam

BTW, I guess I am in that small % who test + for mophine based on taking a single Soma. Even though they did a seperate test for carisoprodol metabolites (Meprobomate). Didn't make any difference what I said, the test overrules me (:

Not for probation -- more like life w/o parole... drs. office said no more meds after 4 years, not for any test problems but because my condition is progressive & not ortho -- there'd be no happy ending 4 me. Said goto PM who also declined to treat me but on the way out said take a test. Should have refused since they were not going to do anything 4 me...

Extensive test there showed up soma, ostenibly posing as morphine. Since i was getting no more dilaudid, i took 2 hydro rx'ed earlier. Thought that was "legal", instead = failure.

====

Since I have found extensive tests are new norm when presenting at drs. or hospitals with a hx of pain complaints. Used to be they'd probe for your last tetanus booster to run up the bill, now a drug test is the new cash cow. See Millenium labs or Dominion Diagnostics. Once the dr. Gets your name, it's off to pee. They pile on the test requests, if insurance won't pay, you will.

Had to stop 48mg Dilaudid PO daily abruptly. At EOM, will have to quit 100mcg fentanyl patch too. (:

Waiting to see next dr... Would do better 'waitin on the man'

Don't even take meds to speak of as I hope to get an appointment somewhere/anywhere. Ironically, meds are here 4' from me but I don't dare risk relief for fear of trippning the next test. Hoping 6 days w/o even Soma will be enough.

====

Be careful all, my life is a nightmare of crippling pain, a contorted body, useless feft side. Can't even use a PC since my head rests on my left shoulder. Miss that PC but I type like a fool trying to sit up erect.Thanks to a newly discovered smartphone I can use my right hand to see the world as I sit freakishly perched on a chair 24/7 (sleep like this too. Would love to be in bed).

Now instead of typing 80WPM, I type 3WPM on a good day. Meds at least helped me pretend to be human though it was only temp.

Used to be king, now I just scare people wondering how I got this way.

Bad time for us to be in pain in this risk-adverse, zero tolerance era. Guess if it keeps even one kid off drugs it's worth the immense human sacrifice.

</end rant>

1/2

I'm really sorry to hear all of that halflife my friend...

Wow  /default_sad.png

I'm really sorry to hear all of that halflife my friend...

Wow /default_sad.png
Agreed. Hope things start looking better for you soon halflife.

Pyraz, I don't see lorazepam listed in your post above. Is it not tested for in a standard 6-panel test?

Hey there Heisenberg, sorry about that bro...I should have included Ativan.

It would indeed cause a true positive as, unlike alot of the benzos (valium, etc>), it's a 3-hydroxy benzo meaning it has no active metabolites (another is temazepam or Restoril).

Lorazepam (and for that matter all of the 3-hydroxy group) are a bit different in that that aren't lipid (fat for the most part) soluble and therefore are extensively metabolized into inactive metabolites by the kidneys. What would be picked up is lorazepam glucuronide and would definitely pop ya for a screening.

1/2 how are feeling my man?? I probably already know the answer  /default_sad.png . Wish I had something I could magically deliver to you but I do not. The War on Drugs is just plain wrong by the way and you are a prime absolutely innocent victim of it.

Maybe it was the Soma that caused you to pop for Morphine or maybe it was 

Hey you might wanna check out [[ this ]] thread that turned into all about drug testing and I've been in contact with ALOT of people (man after that I felt really guilty) that I've been in contact with friends who are an Anesthesiologist, PA (Physician's Assistant), buddies from where I got my undergraduate degree in pharmacology, and my sister who is just months away from being an RN (as well as getting her to ask at her school and the hospital she does clinicals at, the doctors, about these matters).

Anyway check that out. When I can and can get all of the most up to date info on the subject for us DBG'ers I am gonna make a new thread in here all about this. Yes apparently you probably got a 14-panel, the anesthesiologist said only the ER and Pain Management Clinics (and probably those applying for very high ranking positions at huge companies) typically take these.

I wish you all the best 1/2  /default_wink.png

1/2 how are feeling my man?? I probably already know the answer /default_sad.png . Wish I had something I could magically deliver to you but I do not. The War on Drugs is just plain wrong by the way and you are a prime absolutely innocent victim of it.
Thanks Pyrazolam! Eh, 80% innocent. Actually, at this moment, not feeling that horrible but pain level is rising. Of course I've been sitting perfectly still for 24 hours w/o sleep. Movement & sleep are killers, but their absence makes for a long boring day (And I'm always so cheerful to be around).

Maybe it was the Soma that caused you to pop for Morphine or maybe it was
What! What was it, man, you can say it! Tell me /default_smile.png

Hey you might wanna check out [[ this ]] thread that turned into all about drug testing and I've been in contact with ALOT of people (man after that I felt really guilty) that I've been in contact with friends who are an Anesthesiologist, PA (Physician's Assistant), buddies from where I got my undergraduate degree in pharmacology, and my sister who is just months away from being an RN (as well as getting her to ask at her school and the hospital she does clinicals at, the doctors, about these matters).

Anyway check that out. When I can and can get all of the most up to date info on the subject for us DBG'ers I am gonna make a new thread in here all about this. Yes apparently you probably got a 14-panel, the anesthesiologist said only the ER and Pain Management Clinics (and probably those applying for very high ranking positions at huge companies) typically take these.

I wish you all the best 1/2 /default_wink.png
Thank you for all, Pyrazolam! BTW, does this mean I didn't get the 'high ranking position'?

Been over to the Etizolam thread, made some comments, requests, some ramblings. Indeed, everyone here is hungry for drug testing info. Topic is on everyone's mind -- or should be. There is a lot of nonsense out & self serving info out on the 'net.

You may find this site useful. I didn't understand much, but it looked righteous & fairminded.

====

I laid out my sad saga of the drug test: Drug Testing Cluster**** along with today's quandary.

1/2

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back