Sonos

• Thread starter Thread starter CodyKowl
  • Start date Start date
C

CodyKowl

I am a big Pandora user and have a bluetooth speaker in every room including the garage and patio. My only complaint with Pandora (besides the lack of a functional android widget) is you cannot stream on more than one device at a time. If you try you will get a message "your Pandora account is currently being used by another device, please pause that device or sign up for another account". It's pretty annoying when you're bouncing from room-to-room and screwing around with playing/pausing. 

I've been looking at Sonos for months now but couldn't see spending that much money on new speakers when I already have several nice bluetooth speakers. Well, I took the plunge today on Sonos and let me tell you...... ooohhhhh it is awesome!!!! The app and system has many options that allow you to stream music into different rooms at different volumes and you can even stream different songs (Pandora, Soundcloud etc.) to each speaker or you can sync all speakers to play the same tune(s). It reminds me of when I was a kid we had FM radio in every room lol.

It isn't cheap but if you're on the fence it is worth it!!!!!!

Tip top system, my only (minor complaint)  is that I don't hear enough treble from the sound bar. The sound bar is that good that you wouldn't really even need the subwoofer in a moderate sized room. Very impressed with all  the single speakers though excellent kit, if a little overpriced. 

I am really impressed with the little Play 1 speakers, I have one in the home-office, master bedroom and master bath. I am not as impressed with the Play 3... there's just something about the mids and highs, it almost sounds like the stream is slightly fading in and out very quickly, (think strobe light for your ears).... annoying. I also ordered a Play 5 but it was apparently "lost in transit" ... I should have the replacement tomorrow. I've read that once you've listened to a Play 5 you'll return the Play 3.... we'll see. 

I just purchased a new sound bar, amp and rears a few months ago ..... as much as I'd love to I just cannot see replacing it already.

I do not find the Sonos app very intuitive .... you? I spent a few hours yday and this evening playing around with it and still have not quite figured out the "flow" of the app. It is freagin' awesome though to move around the house and have the music streaming. /default_cool.png

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back