Steroid induced Anxiety

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi guys and girls anyone had to put up with high levels of anxiety while your on the gear? I used to really struggle with it. My mood would be up and my anger levels would rise, I'd become jittery and stressed and  I really found it hard to figure out which product caused it.

Anyone else found this? The only way to deal with it were by taking Xan and Val but only this helped with a portion of the symptoms. I am a regular user of the latter and have found myself a real habit as I have never stopped taking them since my last cycle finished 4 months ago. Anyone on here relate with me on this one?

Hi Oklahomajoe,

This is a common issue that can come from Anabolic Steroid use its not so much as what brand but it is due to your hormones levels I would advise you if you are not to discuss this with a doctor as it can be a very dangerous road to take if your Levels are not monitored. But as to you question Yes it is a very common side effect with the use of these medication's as this published paper outlines below I hope this help's and please be safe and consult with a doctor if you are already not doing so Cheer's,

Dr.A

-Joseph G. Oberlander and Leslie P. Henderson of Dartmouth Medical School recently published a paper titled “The Sturm und Drang of anabolic steroid use: angst, anxiety and aggression,” focusing on possible short-term and long-term behavioral effects of using illicit anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS).

While this type of steroids may be used sparingly to treat certain injuries with minimal side effects, athletes who use AAS to improve performance tend to use it more frequently in larger doses.

Aside from the physiological harms associated with abuse of AAS, such as hormonal fluctuations, hair loss, enlarged mammary glands, and fertility issues, studies have also found that AAS use can cause significant changes in behavior.

In their paper, Oberlander and Henderson detail the behavioral effects of AAS on anxiety, stating that although adult men have reported experiencing euphoria early in the course of AAS administration, long-term users may see an increase in irritability, undirected anger, hostility, and overall aggression. This aggression and anger can lead to anxiety and lower self-esteem, causing the athlete to increase AAS usage to counter perceived inability and/or weakness.

“Roid rage” is the term used by the popular press to describe the violent outbursts of athletes known or suspected to abuse steroids. The paper shows that the increased levels of aggression and anxiety can manifest themselves in violent outbursts directed towards other individuals who are perceived as a threat. Studies also show that AAS renders subjects more likely to perceive someone as threatening or intruding.

The paper also states that animal and human subjects who have ceased to take AAS still exhibit signs of aggression and anxiety. The paper suggests that this is due to the prolonged suppression of hormonal glands in the body during steroid abuse. During sustained AAS use, the body reduces its own output of testosterone in an attempt to balance hormonal levels. Because of the high dosages involved in steroid abuse, hormonal imbalance occurs despite the body’s attempts to achieve balance. Even after stopping AAS use, the suppressed hormonal glands do not immediately return to normal, leading to decreased levels of testosterone that can cause heightened anxiety.

The paper concludes that the social dysfunction, depression, anxiety, and aggression caused by the illicit use of AAS are just as harmful as the potential physiological damages. Indeed, while the physiological damage can be repaired following cessation of steroid use, behavioral damage takes much longer to heal. The paper also suggests that the damage caused by AAS is underestimated, because studies do not take into account the likelihood of alcohol and other substance abuse by athletes who have become depressed due to prolonged AAS use.-

Certain AAS are more prone to cause anxiety ie Boldenone but the above is true for any exogenous hormone abused.

Yeah different types of steroids would alter my psychological feelings. Just plain test at any level would make me feel fine in fact my libido would increase and sense of well being. Its the other derivatives that cause anxiety or rage etc. Like a lot of orals dbol or anavar would have lots of strength aggression because they kick in faster too being pills. Now trenabolone is one I tell people not to take unless you're psychologically able to control your emotions because that stuff has messed up most people I see who use it cause it's 5x as strong as test and their are drugs out there in the 10x anabolic androgenic range so research before doing any new substance.

oh yeah, the exact same thing happened to me too and as you: I also had to take some counter acting drugs like for example zannacks or Valeries. I believe this is pretty common for steroids....

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first started using juice I didn't realize I was acting a little different. Over time I have been able to usually catch myself before I get upset. Also I usually add deca or turanabol and cut down the test some. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Old thread that's been kicked back to death by some prime bro science! Wow just wow, I hadn't read through it before and again Wow just wow! I'm not flaming anyone In fact what @trinity said is bang on the button. Listen to him he knows what he is talking about.  But if you'd like for me to address anxiety and aas use then let me know and I'll put a full thread up about it with drug profiles, what to expect. protocol on how to deal with it etc. It is a real thing got altitude myself.

I'll address one thing real quick, you do not mask he affects of one drug by adding another drug or two into your cycle, that's very dangerous with the chemical imbalances. But more power to you bro for finding a work around.

Also nor would I initially advocate the straight benzo route. There's many many steroids out there some work for you some don't. If a particular drug is making me feel over anxious I'll stop running it, simple as that. Even if I have a competition coming up. I'll just switch to a compound that doesn't. I get anxious and jittery as sin from clen. So I run T3 instead same results minus the sides I get from clen (even though that has its own set)

again this is a no flaming zone I love seeing different views, approaches and I never ever claim to be more than my fellow. Just how about I'll make a topic with a little more info on each respective compound and its ratios in respect to anxiety aggression etc. and then some equally if not more experienced heads can give their insight. Plan? 

Cheers!

I'm still working on this, it's, a complicated subject but one of the very few I know about. Aas that is. I'll compile everything I know, learnt and if any fellow users want to help, the please do so. Anxiety is real what I dont like is when people misdignose it and call it 'roid rage' there is no such thing as roid rage. A popular myth. Aggression yes, but not a rage like it's depicted at times when steroids can be responsible for you murdering your family. Look at the Chris Benoit story, so tragic. Yet they only spoke about aas not the massive amounts of class a's he was taking and crazy amount of Rx. There's a documentary called bigger, stronger, faster. It's,a fantastic watch even for the casual fan of aas. Chris Bell does a,remarkable job at breaking many myths. And hes completely impartial, at the time. His new documentry about the US pharmaceutical industry is really good too. Anyway I digress! 

Just letting you know this is,still a work in progress and I have a couple more topics I'd enjoy discussing with other members 

I'm still working on this, it's, a complicated subject but one of the very few I know about. Aas that is. I'll compile everything I know, learnt and if any fellow users want to help, the please do so. Anxiety is real what I dont like is when people misdignose it and call it 'roid rage' there is no such thing as roid rage. A popular myth. Aggression yes, but not a rage like it's depicted at times when steroids can be responsible for you murdering your family. Look at the Chris Benoit story, so tragic. Yet they only spoke about aas not the massive amounts of class a's he was taking and crazy amount of Rx. There's a documentary called bigger, stronger, faster. It's,a fantastic watch even for the casual fan of aas. Chris Bell does a,remarkable job at breaking many myths. And hes completely impartial, at the time. His new documentry about the US pharmaceutical industry is really good too. Anyway I digress! 

Just letting you know this is,still a work in progress and I have a couple more topics I'd enjoy discussing with other members 

I am shocked that you believe the bullshit that you are fed through the controlled media...Chris Benoit lol...there are so many holes in the police story compared to the evidence..it was proven that there was a struggle and other parties being involved in this. Easy route blame the steroids to cover a darker truth.

Bigger, faster, stronger is plagued with fallacies. Considering the new documentary where they admit to being off their tits on prescription meds during the making of that first doc. Just goes to show you that most of people in this are lying egotistical junkies.

Anxiety is caused by certain compounds and doses, boldenone being one of the main culprits IME.
Anxiety is always going to be an issue when hormones are concerned when one has an imbalance.

@trinity  mate. I  don't believe the bullshit that the controlled media feed us regarding aas. That's what I was saying and using the Benoit tragidy as an example.it was his personal life not the aas that killed his family.The media would have you believe otherwise. If you read it again you'll see that. I think both docs are good they have there weaknesses but do highlight how less harmful aas are compared to other drugs. The pharmaceutical one is an eye opener to a certain degree like sending HIV contaminated meds to EU as they couldn't sell them in America...wow! That's just mind blowing!! I'm not a huge fan of Chris he is a former addict who was abusing whilst filming a doc about abuse. I love Mark bell, great guy admits he uses, has,a free gym and I like his ethos. That's a couple of times you've now came after me when we are actually saying the same thing just sometimes in a different way, which isn't cool. I love healthy debate and I've got a bunch of respect for you and your knowledge you know that. But that's not what you're doing.  Cheers

I never judge though I take ass and have a benzo dependancy and there are also alot of former addicts on here. I'm just trying to help educate a,little on aas to avoid some pitfalls..

Peace positivey 

I have never really used any gear except for the two times I tried Epi-tren and it was a dismal failure as a cutting cycle. @Hammerblow you may want to add some info on SARMS. That is all I use anymore to boost my endurance for triathlons and inevitably helps drop body fat safely. I use GW-50516, but there are others that are more for body buliders. But damn that 50516 is the bomb.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Great idea bro,it sounds to me you have more experience of SARMS than I do I've ran PCT SARMS years ago and S4 but that's it. And seeing how much I get flamed at times on the shit I do you; AAS (which I don't mind it's just insecure boys wanting to measure dicks) do you fancy putting something together about SARMS and it can be a collaboration. Which was always my original intention. Multiple view points, understandings and experiences.

cheers!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back