Stuck in NY customs

op8d

OPAL SPONSOR
Hi all, I don't post hardly ever but read a lot

My LL from Serb has been in customs 2-3 days.  

Do LL, ever make it out?

Am I in jeopardy?

2-3 days in customs is actually a very short time, most packages take about 5, but it can be as long as several weeks normally, longer is not unheard off.  This time of the year they are always backlogged china just their version of our 'black Friday' that belittles ours.    I would not start to get concerned untill after 15 days, and this time of year . . . .

My experience has been anywhere from 2-5 days. And one time I actually got the pack and then a day later it showed it had been released. I wouldn’t worry much for now, good luck!

I have called twice. Both times they said was in customs. Should a NOT call them? Will it draw attention to the LL

My main question is how long does it stay and do packs make it out of customs?

@op8d, the previous posts by other members have answered your question. And no, I wouldn’t call because it does draw attention to things. But the other members have stated how long it could take and that yes, it gets released from there. If none did, then nobody would ever order anything from across the pond. 

Thanks for your reply I was under the impression that if it went there it was going to be searched automatically

And I didn't mean tonuse LL I mean letter. I haven't received an LL

Everything coming from over the pond goes through cUsTomS, from my understanding. 
Thanks for sharing that info

Here is my concern :. It sat in NY ISC for five days.  I have to sign and usually at post office 

Taking into account Thanksgiving 

I am worried about picking it up 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this

Perhaps the vernacular has changed over the years but LL (love letter) is not the parcel... it's a seizure letter from US Customs and Border Control.  No one eagerly awaits a "LL to make it out of customs". 

Thanks.  I figured it out Saturday. I don't post much

If you look at my Saturday post I corrected myself. 

But, my pack was in. NY ISC for 5 days.  It hasn't taken but one day before

Should I be worried?

Last edited by a moderator:
@op8d, from what I’ve read, cUsToMs times are getting longer and esp around the holidays. As another member posted, I wouldn’t start worrying unless it’s been over a couple of weeks. Good luck and keep us posted/updated please! 

I had  recent order from overseas and tracking said it was 'inbound' to customs for over 5 business days! I was worried, but kept waiting as I was suggested to by vendor/here on boards. Then bam, all of a sudden, notifications it was going out, and delivered within one day from then. 

New York sucks! LGA & JFK are the armpits of the US airports! A lot of hinky mmmmm…..🤬

@op8d, from what I’ve read, cUsToMs times are getting longer and esp around the holidays. As another member posted, I wouldn’t start worrying unless it’s been over a couple of weeks. Good luck and keep us posted/updated please! 
Thanks for the replies. Yesterday it was iin Georgia or Tennessee. So it has left the New York ISC and I think it will be here tomorrow maybe next day.  I'll.keep you posted. 

Thanks for the advice DBG

I'm posting to update.  3:30 today pack hit my PO and was received by me with contents in order 

Most of the people who have posted here have been great help

To the one who told me I thought I was a "BIG FISH". I do not.  But I wouldn't want to get confiscated small pack or large even though the pack was 10x's the quantity you rediculed about

Anyway.  Be informative not condescending.  Your advice would be taken better.  

Thanks fir the help DBG. Most of you have been  quite helpful in negotiating what happens in NY ISC and how long to wait for it to leave there before I get worried 

Anyway.  Be informative not condescending.  Your advice would be taken better.  

Thanks fir the help DBG. Most of you have been  quite helpful in negotiating what happens in NY ISC and how long to wait for it to leave there before I get worried 
Glad it worked out! Looks like the comments section was cleaned up and we have a happy ending. 

Hi.  I am talking USPS priority shipping.  I have packages that leave Singapore to NH USA.  It usually takes 12-13 days to get the package.  The fastest was 8 days, the longest 22 days Thanksgiving-Christmas.  Typically the package will take 5-7 days to get from Singapore and get cleared by NYC customs if you live in the Eastern US.  Packages going to the west coast take the opposite route and land in customs on the west coast.  I have had packages leave NYC customs anywhere from 1 to 4 days.  Once it leaves NYC customs I usually get the package in 2-3 days.  When you get your USPS tracking number and check it, there is an option to get notified of any package movement by email and text.  This is extremely handy because it not only tells you about that package, if you keep the emails and texts you are building yourself a delivery history database in your mail and text logs.  I have referred back to this many times.  Jack.

I want to second that comment concerning NYC.  I find comfort in knowing that the longest period to date for me was waiting 14 days for an item to clear NYC. Once it finally cleared, BOOM-at my door in days with no problems. Hope someone finds comfort in this as well. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back