Suboxone withdrawal?

• Thread starter Thread starter emoney66
  • Start date Start date
E

emoney66

Getting ready to get off Suboxone finally and have some Xanax and ambien on the way to help. I’ve heard kratom is good also and was curious if there’s any downside to using kratom also. It’s not technically a opiate so I’m assuming it won’t prolong the Wd’s or anything right? Thanks

Kratom is an opioid in the sense that it is a partial mu opiate receptor agonist so you will still go through some sort of opiate WD once it is time to get off of the Kratom, albeit most likely less so than if you were WDing from a "harder" opiate such as H or even subs depending on the amount and strength of Kratom you take. I never really messed with opiates recreationally, instead I used Kratom to get off of Benzos not realizing it worked on the opiate receptors. While it worked like a godsend for getting off the Xanax, I am now completely dependent on Kratom and go through terrible WD every morning upon waking up before I dose for the day. The strain I have been using these past few years is a plain leaf/extract mix, it is extremely potent and my doses have been very high. As a matter of fact I have been considering going on Suboxone just to get myself off of the Kratom itself. Usually I would tell people to just suck it up for a week and deal with the fairly mild Kratom WD as I heard kicking subs are much harder, but the stuff I am on is so powerful and absurd that I would never make it without either having to go to detox or taking at least a week off from work while hopefully finding some comfort meds for that specific week. 

Edit: Don't let this post scare you. I have heard of many people who successfully used Kratom to get off of subs and even H. I would just recommend that if you go down the Kratom route, order something not super potent, never up your dose and stay on it for the shortest time period you possibly can. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I got some red mein kratom capsules and I literally feel nothing off them... u mind sharing who you go through and what I your getting? Thinking I’ll give that a shot. I only plan on using kratom a couple days and going to alternate it with gabapentin. Sry your going through that man, definitely think hard about the sub route though. I’ve got off them before and as long as you taper it’s not too bad but this time I’ve been on for 2+ years and they make you a zombie. Waste of 2 years

Last edited:
Damn, I got some red mein kratom capsules and I literally feel nothing off them... u mind sharing who you go through and what I your getting? Thinking I’ll give that a shot. I only plan on using kratom a couple days and going to alternate it with gabapentin. Sry your going through that man, definitely think hard about the sub route though. I’ve got off them before and as long as you taper it’s not too bad but this time I’ve been on for 2+ years and they make you a zombie. Waste of 2 years
Absolutely. Their name is Magnum Opus Botanicals and their website is www.mokratom.com 

I buy their 30% Ultra Enhanced Maeng Da powder and take a gram a day, but my tolerance is crazy and I get no effect from it at all anymore. The only reason I still take the stuff is to be able to "feel normal" and to keep myself from going into withdrawals. I've never had subs before but I'd be curious to hear back from you regarding how the two compare to each other. 

Cool thanks man, I’ll give them a shot. Its probably because I’m already on a opiate I don’t feel anything but I’m going to give this a shot. Honestly I don’t even care about getting high just want it for the sub withdrawals. 

Yeah man I honestly don't even know if you will feel their kratom or not until you have been off of the subs for a bit. Considering the affinity of Suboxone for the mu opioid receptor is very high and subs have a very long half life, you may need to stop the subs for a couple of days, wait until you are in WD and then start taking the kratom. Almost like a reverse Suboxone induction for a lack of better words. 

Of course, this may not be entirely true and you might feel some of the kratoms effects a few hours after taking the subs, but if I were a betting man I would say the former is the more likely scenario. But once you are off the subs completely and get onto the Kratom, I doubt you will even think about taking another sub film again. I also think your plan of taking gabapentin for WD is an excellent one. I have heard that alongside clonidine, it is basically a miracle drug for some of the opiate WD effects. 

My only advice to you is to not substitute one dependency for another other for too long. If you truly feel like you can abstain from all opiates for good, then I would try to stay on the kratom for a relatively short time and then begin to slowly taper off. Wishing you the best of luck and feel free to message me at any time if you have any questions. 

I thought the Kratom was useful in taking away that feeling of wanting to scream.  It's not as strong as the subs.  I took it right away and didn't wait for too many withdrawals.  I recommend Herbal Cafe.  You do need to do take a LOT of kratom to feel effects.  I would recommend chamomile tea, hot, melt the kratom in that and then put lots of honey in it.  Use an extra large teacup.  I tried a lot of their blends, but liked the cafe energy blend the most since my worst side effect was fatigue.  Taper the sub if you can while you up the kratom.  I had a big cupful of the tea 3 times per day.  I would recommend an antacid or pepto.  Your stomach might not be able to handle so much.  Good luck and best to you.  I know how hard this is.  For now I've just decided to stay on the subs so I commend what you are doing.  Kratom is a useful and cheap herb to help in this way, but it's definitely  not a cure-all.

Well I’m on day 2 no Suboxone and got the 30% ultra enhanced leaf kratom. Little confused on how strong this stuff is. How much is 1 gram equal to of normal krotam?

Well over 2 days since I’ve taken Suboxone and Literally zero withdrawals. I’m taking Valum 10mg 3 times a day, gabapentin 600mg 3 times a day, And alternating seroquel or ambian at night plus the 30% enhanced kratom u recommended Blake. Honestly I think it’s the kratom helping the most. I’m taking 1 tablespoon and actually getting a pretty good feeling from it. Kinda confused on the dosing for it since I’ve never taking kratom and not sure how much to take of this stuff but the tablespoon seems to do the trick. Appreciate the recommendation Blake and that coupon code worked for me

Also I got the shiva red meant da capsules before and I didn’t feel crap from them but this ultra enhanced leaf is definitely the way to go

Well over 2 days since I’ve taken Suboxone and Literally zero withdrawals. I’m taking Valum 10mg 3 times a day, gabapentin 600mg 3 times a day, And alternating seroquel or ambian at night plus the 30% enhanced kratom u recommended Blake. Honestly I think it’s the kratom helping the most. I’m taking 1 tablespoon and actually getting a pretty good feeling from it. Kinda confused on the dosing for it since I’ve never taking kratom and not sure how much to take of this stuff but the tablespoon seems to do the trick. Appreciate the recommendation Blake and that coupon code worked for me
If you believe kratom is the most helpful, I'd urge you to taper and wean off zolpidem (Ambien) and quetiapine (Seroquel) ASAP. Then next valium - slow wean to prevent seizures.

It's become a cash cow to keep people on bupe even though attempts should be made to first control withdrawals, then taper and possibly wean off. So, if you can, you guessed it - taper and wean off bupe next.

Kratom does have a withdrawal syndrome, so find the lowest possible dose you are stable on. And yes, you should also consider weaning off kratom, but getting down to kratom only would have been a significant achievement for sure.

Good luck!

Thanks for reply man. The only thing I’m addicted to was the subs. I never take any of the other stuff regularly just got them for this. I’m using them for the first 5 days of this sub detox then discontinuing everything. I’m assuming 5 days wouldn’t be long enough to become dependent on them. Honestly I don’t even enjoy the way benzoes make me feel.  Once I’m past this sub bullshit I look forward to being sober again other then the occasional molly, weed and steroids. 

Thanks for reply man. The only thing I’m addicted to was the subs. I never take any of the other stuff regularly just got them for this. I’m using them for the first 5 days of this sub detox then discontinuing everything. I’m assuming 5 days wouldn’t be long enough to become dependent on them. Honestly I don’t even enjoy the way benzoes make me feel.  Once I’m past this sub bullshit I look forward to being sober again other then the occasional molly, weed and steroids. 
Molly, weed...we can help you there. What's with the shrivel-dick roids?

Shrinks your nuts not ur dick and small potatoes make the steak look bigger lol. And as far as the other we’re already doing business😁(bmf).  Like most addicts I’ve replaced drugs with the gym and I’ve been lifting for 15 years now. at my age (late 30’s) my testosterone has already naturally started lowering and lifting off the juice just ain’t the same

Probably should look into human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) or clomiphene then. hCG works at the level of the testicles, acting like LH and inducing testosterone production (maintains or slightly enlarges the potatoes), whereas clomiphene works in the brain to stimulate LH release that then induces testicles to produce T. Clomiphene is especially nice because, unlike hCG that is injected, it's a 25-50mg pill taken as little as once weekly because of its crazy half life (some split in half and take twice weekly, but not clear if this makes a difference).

Put those potatoes to work!

So I’m on 8mg subs. I got on to get off tianeptine. After 2 years of hell w/tia, finally I was off. Subs saved my life from that shit. Now I’m concentrating on getting off subs. Everything I’ve read says that the wd from subs is brutal and takes forever. Some even say they jump back on traditional opiates to jump from them because suboxone wd is so brutal.
i was thinking of going the Kratom route to get off subs. It seems that kratom might be easier to taper and jump from. Are you having any success going this route? How long were you on subs?

Bro I was on subs for 3 years taking 16mg/day for the first year and half. I tapered down to 1mg/day and hopping off seriously wasn’t a big deal. I used Kratom and Valium which I’m sure helped a lot. Honestly I think a lot of it is mental because I’ve read the same horror stories and my experience was nothing like that

Last edited:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back