Subutex dosing question upping dose after tapering down

Nmf

Due to an incident (long story) I ended up taking less than my normal dose to make what I had last and it kind of worked with making the withdrawals less severe.

i suffer with extreme anxiety and tomorrow I collect my subs but now I'm worried about taking the normal dose as I haven't taken my normal dose for almost a week. 

I've searched the site but can't seem to find anything related, is it safe for me to go back on to my maintenance dose or do I need to start off small again like when I first started taking them?

i worry about everything and it doesn't take much to start a panic attack, I just want to be safe and don't want to over dose if that's even possible. Any advice from anyone who's tapered down and back up would be appreciated.

Hi Nmf.  First, this may not be a question that deserves your anxiety.  You had to scale back your dose, which you did successfully - so that in itself is something that should give you some peace of mind.  For many people, that would drive anxiety, and may have for you at the time.  In my view, your approach now may have more to do with your goals than safety.  Your "normal" dose should be fine if you have the supply and are experiencing any withdrawal symptoms or excessive pain, but if you want to get off the subs entirely at some point, why not stay with your lower dose and see if that is tolerable until you then step down again?

I do not think that an "overdose" is possible - in the sense that word is generally used with synthetic opiates.  Especially in the range that you are likely in.  It is a very safe drug.  I don't think there are many people who have tapered down then "back up", but I could be wrong on that.  Again, I think your approach has more to do with what your objectives are.  Best of luck to you, and relax!

Hi NMF

If you have stabilized on a lower dose than prescribed, it is a positive accomplishment.   I would only consider increasing the dose if you were experiencing withdrawal or cravings.  Remember the larger part of the disease of addiction is in the brain, so if you truly believe you are at risk of abusing full opioid agonists then there is a benefit in being at the higher, prescribed dose until such time as you can do the work necessary to taper off completely.  Getting there is simply a question of titrating (the reverse of tapering) up to the prescribed dose a bit at a time.  If you are not craving and don't think you are at risk however, take the win and stay at the lower dose.   With this medication less is more and the lowest effective dose is the right dose.

Best of luck

- Packrat

@Nmf yeah I ve bee up and down for years one period of my life I was on 18mgs and had done some that horrible ice shxt in oz and ended up taking 52 mgs and I know I was trying to get to sleep but it was many hours and hours after I took that horrible stuff but the subs didn't seem to do anything more than my usual dose I was expecting the best feeling ever but still waiting for that, just try not to worry I am similar to your self I tend to worry about everything, I think you will be safe you cud always dose your self lower again, or are they monitoring this dose? I still think you will be OK. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back