Sunspots

• Thread starter Thread starter spiro
  • Start date Start date
S

spiro

I'm a 34 year old male with a darker complexion olive skin. In the summer time I get ridicoulsy tan. I now have some embarrassing sun spots around my eyes cheeks. For the last two years I've tried retin a bleaching creams with little success. I've been using Paula's choice AHA and another product with glyoic acid. It seems to be fading a bit. I use tinted sunscreen now. Not sure if I will ever actually get rid of them. Thinking of doing a peel next. Any good tips?

@spiroAre your sunspots "spots" or blotches (larger areas of dark pigment)?  Also, is a plastic surgeon or dermatologist (office) performing the peel?  And, what type of peel are you intending to try?

I would say splotches. I was thinking of having my wife help me with a 30 percent glyoic acid peel. I will research more first. 

I was also suffering from ingrown hairs and acne. The Paula's choice products cleared my skin up completely. I exfoliate every day now. My skin besides the splotches looks better then it ever has. I wish I new more years ago. I have thick hair on my face and I shave my head. Before I started with skin care I had a horrible time. 

Last edited:
@spiro The peel with help with acne, but you may disappointed with the lightening of sunspots, especially with olive skin.

Obagi used to have THE BEST potion for sun spots.  But, I believe another company has taken over and instead of a 5 product routine, it is one cream called Trentinoin.  It works like a slow peel and reduces sunspots.  It is an excellent product, but will make your skin peel.  And, because it also lightens your skin, you may want to start in the fall/winter.  Otherwise, your face is ten shades lighter than the rest of your body.  If you use this, at night, and Obagi Vitamin C in the day, your sunspots will fade -- in time.  It may take years, but they will fade.

And, don't worry about years ago -- you are taking care of it now...concentrate on going forward. 

What SPF is your sunscreen? There's a great Japanese sunscreen called Biore+++ Watery Essence that is SPF 50. It's available on Amazon and I heard such good things about I decided to try it.  I know that having a darker complexion and being acne prone can make it difficult to find a sunscreen with a high spf that doesn't leave a white cast (physical sunscreens) or make you break out (some chemical sunscreens). 

While the sunscreen will help prevent new splotches from forming as the old ones fade, you might also want to check out niacinamide. It's vitamin B3 and is great for preventing inflammation and clearing up dark spots. Paula's Choice probably sells it. Just make sure to do a little research about combining it with the AHA and other acids you're using, wouldn't want to overdo it with the products and make your skin irritated

I have olive skin and use a glycolic peels every 4 months or so for sun damage discolorations. The only thing you need to be wary of is an overall lightening of your skin, whether you do it in the dry office or at home. 

I DON'T recommend this,  BUT for ME I have found that after the peels have lightened your spots, a BIT of tanning helps fill in and even out my skin tone. You will have to decide for yourself if this is a good idea. And never go out without sunscreen! 

My favorite OTC peel is this.. but be friggin careful and follow the directions. 

https://www.amazon.com/Glycolic-Acid-50-Gel-Peel/dp/B00COD5H9U/ref=sr_1_11_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1516236363&sr=1-11&keywords=glycolic+acid+peel

The Anti-Aging Moisturizer I have right now contains a very small amount of Alpha Hydroxy Acid but enough of it is in the Cream to have them issue a warning to use Sunscreen since it can increase your chances of getting Sun Burned. Since it is only being used on the face I can't help but wonder would Sun Screen on my face with a good hat and Sunglasses with wearing shorts and a T-Shirt wouldn't be a problem unless like the AFA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) increases the chances of a sun burn all over the body. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back