Tabby neutering whilst in season. Vets will they? Won't they?,

Hammerblow

Spammers
There seems to be a very response when it comes to this. And I'd obviously phone my vet but it's Sunday, the one day they aren't open! Ok so my tabby Tilly is due in to be neutered first thing tomorrow morning and as per usual bang on cue she goes into season! Literally the last litter over kittens aren't even away a week and that was her second! I'm not so much concerned about having kittens but her health, she's such a small thing and after the last litter she looked terrifying! She's only three. I read all the time that vets won't neuter if they are in season, I also read all th time that they will and this is just a myth.  It might be more bloody and cost a little more which is fine as long as they can guarentee her health (relative)

For anyone thinking just keep her in for a week and get it done then, I wish and can't take the risk. Two seasons two litters. Short of locking her in a room which I won't do she always always manages to get out the little strumpet. I stay in a three story house and she's found secret way out I've yet to discover. Pesky cats! I love them (I have two) deep deep down. So has anyone had any personal experience. 

Thanks!

Update for anyone in the same predicament. No they will not or at least my vet will not. It's a cleaner, faster and safer operation when they aren't in heat. Less blood to deal with so they can see and to replace as she'll lose more which is then a health risk. They can obviously replace the lost blood quickly but that's not free so the price on the procedure also doubles. I always say you can't 

it a price on your pets life (I have two rescue cats and a labradoodle) but her health isn't in any immediate danger other than me hosing her down to stop that mating call! ...And to cool her lyons of course ?

@Hammerblow That call is truly something isn't it!!!  We have a neighbor that refuses to have her female cat spayed and she has a litter of kittens each time she's able to mate. It is irresponsible as a pet owner and I feel terrible for the cat. The three cats we've rescued have all been males and we've had them neutered as soon as we were able to avoid being "fur grandparents" :P . Now I'm waiting on my husband to say the word so we can have our pit's manhood removed, poor fella!!  I hope you're able to keep your girl locked away safely and your sanity intact until she can get back to the vet!!

@JenG. she's successfully been locked away without any escaping. I've actually felt really sorry for her as the weather over here has been beautiful, we don't get to say that often! The neighbourhood bike has three hours before I drop her off at the vets. I will worry sick about her though! 

If if you think she's something I could start telling you about our other wee rescue penny. She's a Ragdoll breed and is more precious (in her mind) than your grannies pearls. Going outside is beneath her, liking most people is beneath her and is the loudest cat ice ever owned. Her little piece is to walk into a room, announce herself 'l'm here! Look how beautiful I am' couple of twirls then walks straight back out. She is absolutely gorgeous though...I'll give her that. 

@Hammerblow I love her already! I'm more of a cat lover than dogs. All three of mine are spoiled rotten, the last one we rescued is a lilac Siamese and literally sleeps on my head at night. I have to constantly scoot him over and he'll only drink water from the tap. A clean, cold bowl of water is not good enough for him. My other boy is a Russian gray, he is mostly outside, not by my choice, but he's a hunter and sits under my neighbor's bird feeder to wait on his prey, luckily she stopped filling it with seed so there's not as many casualties. He's a lover too. And my old lady is grumpy and cantankerous and tolerates us, but loves my youngest son. My husband tells me I'm a collector of cats and kids (sounds creepy, but he only means that because our house is the hangout for all of our kids friends. Even when they aren't home!!)

@JenG. they all sound like they have they're own special little characters. I want to be a collector of cats and I also want that t-shirt that says "cat hair is just lonely people glitter" I'm not lonely I just think it's funny and I am 99.999999999% of the time covered in cat hair. 

View attachment 1262

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back