The Marietta Braves

KanMan

One Monday morning in mid-November of this barely past year,

I awoke to a beeping sound from my phone; it was a news alert from our local FOX station. The news was absolutely cataclysmic:

That Monday morning, in the middle of the nation-wide shopping season frenzy, The Atlanta Braves held a press conference to announce they would not be renewing their 20-year lease with Turner Feld (one of the Top 5 within many baseball park ratings system)--their last game to be played there will also be the final Atlanta Braves game played in the 2017 will mark the end of The Atlanta Braves' and playing in the City of Atlanta.

The team will be building in an expensive new park at the infamous, dreaded, feared....I285 & 75.

In the slim chances you live in ATL, haven't heard this news, then you either cracked laughing or got kick-in-the-stomach kind feeling

Many people know that Atlanta consistently finishes in top 3 and also has been ranked #1 (more times than I'd like to count) in Worst American Traffic Cities. This intersection of

I-75 & 285 in Cobb County, GA is one of the most traveled and congested primary interstate freeway interchanges in all if North America. It is so congested that the stretch of I-75 in Marietta become (for 5+ miles.....but it could be more.) becomes the widest and having more lanes than any other. There are 8 both on the northbound: the side where countless commuters create daily parking lot-style, stand still 1-3 hour

traffic every weekday as they make their journey back the "Topside" or one of its many suburbs. The I-285 interstate is the 60 mile ring of freeway that circles and encompasses mostly all of the city itself. Traffic is a nightmare there

In the late afternoon as locals or out-of-state Braves fans are making their way from to a game (most home games start at 7:10PM), at the same time, one of the worst afternoon rush hours in the United States is going in every direction on that very freeway interchange in Cobb county. Smart.

The Braves are near & dear to me. I've been to games at Fulton County Stadium in my childhood, and have been to countless games at Turner Field as at teenager and as adult in the 17 years since it was crafted out of the new Olympic Stadium which was built for for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games. And it's a beautiful baseball stadium with a picturesque view of the Atlanta skyline. They have been in that 2 block area for almost 50 years.

The longest continually running franchise in baseball history, The Braves, are leaving Atlanta, their home and the place where the team became a dynasty. And they're moving to the nort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit send by accident 2/3 of the way through that rant. Fuck it. The Braves should not move out of downtown are of Atlanta and to one of the worst traffic nightmares in North America. I'm too pissed to type any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, sorry to say that sports franchises are becoming less about their cities and more about maximum profit.  Heck, the people in Boston didn't even know they had a football team until their Foxsboro Patriots started winning Super Bowls.  My condolences. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back