Tic repeller

• Thread starter Thread starter M28115w
  • Start date Start date
M

M28115w

I saw on the internet a great way to remove tics from humans and pets as they seem to be worse this year than they have been in a long time! A few drops of peppermint oil and the tic will get excited and extract itself from the skin.

Never heard of that one before.  My pup has already gotten one from my suburban yard in April and we saw another one crawling on my son.  Prior to that, my dogs have only gotten them in the forest preserve.  So it seems like a bad season at least for me so far.  I have special tweezers for them and then drop them in rubbing alcohol to kill.  I usually do everything organic in my yard, but I think I am spraying pesticide this year daily or every other day low on my foliage to kill the skeeters and tics.  

The peppermint oil might or might not work but its effects on your pet  even a minute amount can have range from irritating to  potentially deadly .

From the American Vet Med Asc  " essential oils, including oil of cinnamon, citrus, pennyroyal, peppermint, pine, sweet birch, tea tree (melaleuca), wintergreen, and ylang ylang, are poisonous to dogs and cats. Both ingestion and/or enough skin exposure can be toxic"

Small amounts of food grade oils, like peppermint oil used in cooking, are diluted to such a degree that ingestion at that point, once cooked into food, is usually ok for many pets.

Try this or something similar instead.

https://www.ebay.com/i/172401927047?chn=ps&dispItem=1

My youngest daughter is a veterinarian, she said that pet owners need to be especially aware and cautious of all essential oils where our four legged, winged, finned, scaled, etc,  companions are concerned. LMAO, she is 110% my child, she also said and I quote "remember Ma, it is the internet , if you search hard enough you can find proof that tick bites will grant your pet superpowers like seeing thru walls ".

M2, thank you for opening this topic, and bless you hon for caring about a our four legged companions, tho I am a cat person I love all animals!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back